Supreme Court hears arguments in Louisiana abortion case

The standing issue in this case is interesting ... does the clinic have a right to sue or is this reserved for the patient alone? ...

The law itself is a backhanded way to prohibit abortions ... circumventing Roe v Wade ... obviously the procedure is extremely dangerous for the baby, but it's less clear how dangerous it is for the mother ... the more liberal UCSF reports less than 1/4 of one percent of abortions result in major complications, about as risky as a colonoscopies {Cite} ... however a pro-life website states deaths from lawful abortions run into the low ten's per year {Cite} ...

We measure flu deaths by the ten's of thousands ... it's a shame 10 to 15 women die every year from botched abortions, and many of these are second trimester affairs ... so the Louisiana Law has nothing to do with the mother's health, and everything to do with the baby's ... indeed the law puts more risk to the mother if she has to wait so long ...

Until SCOTUS decides to overturn Roe v Wade ... then these laws are seriously onerous to the right to abortion ... I can fly a Soviet flag in my front yard, I can walk to a gun shop and buy a gun, I can chase away the Marine squad who needs food and shelter for the night ... these are guarantied rights ... why should abortion be any different while Roe v Wade stands? ...

ETA: The two women in the video could eat crackers in my bed anytime they want to ...

Until SCOTUS decides to overturn Roe v Wade ... then these laws are seriously onerous to the right to abortion ... I can fly a Soviet flag in my front yard, I can walk to a gun shop and buy a gun, I can chase away the Marine squad who needs food and shelter for the night ... these are guarantied rights ... why should abortion be any different while Roe v Wade stands? ...

ETA: The two women in the video could eat crackers in my bed anytime they want to ...

Someday, In hindsight, you will see that Roe was overturned incrementally. Thereafter, elective abortion (like slavery) will be recognized for the crime against HUMANity that it is.

"Supreme Court justices heard the first oral arguments in a controversial Louisiana abortion case. If the law is upheld, it's possible every clinic in the state would be forced to close. CBS News reporter Kate Smith joined CBSN AM to explain the arguments for both sides and the crucial role of Chief Justice John Roberts."

Link: Supreme Court hears arguments in Louisiana abortion case
What is so much more interesting is the report that followed this.

I want libturds to get abortions.

Retroactively if possible, but we need a lot less of their genetic garbage stealing our oxygen.

When decent human beings make mistakes and end up pregnant they can put the kids up for adoption.

Self absorbed leftist sociopaths commit murder.

When decent human beings make mistakes and end up pregnant they can put the kids up for adoption.

Correct ... but does that guaranty the baby will be adopted? ... and who takes care of the baby until they are adopted? ... is our foster care system so well financed that they can take in these extra 500,000 infants per year? ...

I'm fine if we outlaw abortion ... I have no stick in that fire ... but who's going to pay for the expanded government program to care for all these extra unwanted children ... who pays for the mother during the last trimester when she can't take care of herself ... and what kind of adults do unwanted children grow up to be? ... God, can you image growing up with nobody that loves you? ...

I say we make the fathers pay half of all these expenses ... it takes two to make a baby ... and build more prisons to house these dead-beat parents ... either way, we'll need bigger government, higher taxes, more laws regulating sex ...

... or just let the infants die of exposure in the homeless mother's arms ... herd mentality ... I was a landlord for many years and sending tiny children into snowstorms was part of my job ...

The cycle of human life starts at conception, when the sperm from a human male unites with the egg of a female. The DNA forms a pattern.

In Psalms 139 these words are said:
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

In Psalms, 119, these words are said:

73 Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.

Bible Verses about "Knew You Before You Were Born"
Jeremiah 1:5 ESV
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
Psalm 139:13-16 ESV
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 127:3 ESV
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Isaiah 49:1 ESV
Listen to me, O coastlands, and give attention, you peoples from afar. The Lord called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name.
Exodus 21:23 ESV
But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life,
Exodus 20:13 ESV
“You shall not murder.
Genesis 9:6 ESV
“Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.
Isaiah 44:2 ESV
Thus says the Lord who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you: Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen.
Psalm 22:9-10 ESV
Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother's breasts. On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God.

1 Peter 1:20 ESV
He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you

“Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from before your birth, carried from the womb; even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save."

Isaiah 43:25 ESV
“I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.
Proverbs 24:11-12 ESV
Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, “Behold, we did not know this,” does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?
Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV /
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
Psalm 139:16 ESV Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139:13 ESV
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
Psalm 100:3 ESV
Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Psalm 82:3-4 ESV
Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”
Job 10:8-12 ESV
Your hands fashioned and made me, and now you have destroyed me altogether. Remember that you have made me like clay; and will you return me to the dust? Did you not pour me out like milk and curdle me like cheese? You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews. You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit.
Deuteronomy 27:25 ESV
“‘Cursed be anyone who takes a bribe to shed innocent blood.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’
Exodus 23:7 ESV / 2 helpful votes
Keep far from a false charge, and do not kill the innocent and righteous, for I will not acquit the wicked.

Genesis 1:27 ESV
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:26 ESV Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.

Last edited:
Then we need a law that all liberal sperm must be flushed or swallowed.

Otherwise I want liberal genetic garbage in a dumpster behind a Planned Unparenthood clinic where it belongs.

We have enough autistic lawyers and inmates as it is.

I can fly a Soviet flag in my front yard, I can walk to a gun shop and buy a gun, I can chase away the Marine squad who needs food and shelter for the night ... these are guarantied rights ... why should abortion be any different while Roe v Wade stands? ...

Because the rights you mention are specifically enshrined in the Constitution. Abortion is not.

Well to the shock of apparently none of the Republicans, or they haven’t heard yet, the Supreme Court struck the Louisiana law down.

Roberts was the swing vote this time ... citing court precedence ... stare decisis ...

Texas and Louisiana should just keep enforcing their laws ... what's the worst that can happen, no Federal dollars flowing into these States? ... pffft ... that's what Republicans want, smaller government ... the rest of us can use the money to help pay down the national debt ...

Roberts was the swing vote this time ... citing court precedence ... stare decisis ...

Texas and Louisiana should just keep enforcing their laws ... what's the worst that can happen, no Federal dollars flowing into these States? ... pffft ... that's what Republicans want, smaller government ... the rest of us can use the money to help pay down the national debt ...

Have you ever heard of Contempt of Court? If the State just keeps on enforcing the law and a Judge orders them to stop the Governor and or Attorney General will find out first hand what Contempt of court is like.

Oh well, it’s not as if there’s a shortage of people we need to worry about.

Roe is not getting overturned. There will never be enough conservative justices appointed to make it happen.

Roe is not getting overturned. There will never be enough conservative justices appointed to make it happen.

I don’t think that is actually the problem. The problem is Genies. You can’t ever get them back in the bottle. It’s why gun control is always destined to fail. There are already far too many of them. Even if all the legal gun owners turned theirs in, it would be thirty years, or more, before all the hidden and illegal guns were rounded up, with a murder rate that we would be lucky to only have triple.

Getting rid of Abortions now is a practical impossibility. A woman with a medical condition would sue to get permission to have the fetus aborted so she could live, and if she died while waiting, the first exception would come along. A woman who was raped would argue she should not have to carry the child, and the courts would reluctantly agree.

Then the charges of rape would flourish like pollen in spring in the south. Every date would result in a claim of rape. The Courts would not hear anything else, and God alone knows how many men would serve Prison sentences to allow the woman to get an abortion.

Abolishing Abortion would only increase the problems, not decrease them. Abolishing Abortion would be the death of pretty much everything. Half the men in the country would be facing Rape charges because the woman wouldn’t know if she was pregnant.

Forum List

Back