Support for Wounded Warriors

If you lefties think the federal V.A. treatment is substandard wait until the Barry Hussein universal treatment for citizens becomes the law of the land.

What absolute BS. Both parties should be totally ashamed that there is even a private organization begging for funds to help treat our wounded warriors. Where are their priorities? Foreign Aid, NPR?
Funding for the Arts? There is no reason that the Vets should not be the Number One Priority.
In fact, it the government really wanted to help the military, get them out of middle east as fast as possible. Both parties are responsible for the lack of funding... What has it been now 4 years without the Senate passing a budget? This shows a total disrespect of our Vets.

I agree completely.

Even though I know that SOME foreign aid is for our own benefit, our first priority should be out own country and our own people.

I can't stand it that Ryan and the rest of the R want to make the VA a voucher system. Really, no matter what your politics, there is just no excuse for that.

NPR and the arts are just pennies compared to what they spend on a bloated military that couldn't even okay decent equipment for our military people. WRITE YOUR CONGRESS PERSON! Demand that they vote on this issue NOW.

(They have refused again and instead, are going on another vacation.)

Demand that they stop pretending there is no budget from the prez. We deserve better ad our soldiers certainly deserve a LOT better.

No matter what your beliefs, please donate to this group. These soldiers are suffering beyond anything we can know.

I guess you missed where 99 Senators voted AGAINST the last Obama Budget? That would be all the democrats included.

Civics lesson, the President does not create the Budget. he submits a request to Congress and the House and Senate create the budget. Now why don't we have one? Because Harry Reid has refused to submit to a vote a single budget bill from the House. You see the way it is supposed to work is the Senate takes the bill and sends it through committee where changes are made and then the whole Senate votes on the new bill. If it passes the new bill is sent back to the House for them to negotiate with the Senate on what if anything the new bill will say. Both Houses and both Parties compromise. But not with Obama and Reid, they just refuse to even take the Houses bills.

So if you want to complain about no budget blame the Democrats. They had both Houses in 2010 and refused to pass a Budget. In 2011 and 2012 Reid just refused to send to committee any bill from the House. In fact he stated if it did not say what HE wanted he would not send it forward.

Dammit. This is supposed to be about the VETS.

For the gazillionth time, the R's removed the figures from the "budget" so it could not be passed.

If you lefties think the federal V.A. treatment is substandard wait until the Barry Hussein universal treatment for citizens becomes the law of the land.

Another rw who has no friggin idea what the AHC covers.

Feel free to start separates threads in appropriate forums but can we PLEASE get back to the VETS?

Thanks.

If you lefties think the federal V.A. treatment is substandard.

There is nothing to think about.........
If the VA treatment were not inadequate, then there would not be a need for for private organizations.
This just points out another Epic failure by the government.

Home - Wounded Warrior Project

If the R's get their way, they will be taking even more away from our wounded vets. If you can, please consider donating to this VERY worthwhile group.

you make me sick you would use this for a politics..
you can go to hell

Agreed, if duddley was genuinely concerned and sincerely supported the organization it would have left out the "R,s"

Using this organization as a political pawn is disgusting and duddly deserves our ire

This should not be a political argument but it is. You can point your silly-ass "ire" at me if you want but FACT is, the R is not only NOT doing anything for our vets. They are taking benefits away and, if we let them, they will take even more away.

OTOH, the president and first lady, the vice president and second lady have fought and continue to fight for jobs and housing for our vets.

Our vets deserve more than they are getting from the damn R's, and, if this thread is any indication, the useless rw's.

If you think this is bad, you should have seen the Vietnam-era VA. If you were sick from Agent Orange, no problem; "It's all in your head-there's the door". If you had PTSD, no problem-"Here's some pills; if you're not better in three months, don't come back, it's not service connected. There's the door." Today's VA is better; it is at least trying, but like any big bureaucracy, it lets people fall through the cracks, and the gaps in the rules no one thought of. That's why the rest of us have to step up, and fill the gaps government can't fill. It's all good and well to say "Welcome home, thank you for your service!" and wave the flag; but if the American people civilians and vets alike leave it at that, it doesn't mean squat! Our wounded vets deserve everything they need to have as full and productive a life as their injuries will permit.

Some of us older vets didn't get the help we should have, but we're not going to let that happen to another generation. It's too late for us, but it's NOT too late for them. Their war over there is over, but their battle at home is just beginning, and we are not going to abandon our younger brothers and sisters, not even ONE, on that field. This is not about politics, it's about doing the right thing, and instead of bitching and political posturing, the rest of you need to educate yourselves, get off your asses, find out where you can help, and then GET INVOLVED. We need money, but what we need more, is people that care and are willing to give some of their time and talent, instead of leaving the whole damn job to someone else, and that includes leaving it to government.

This should not be a political argument but it is. You can point your silly-ass "ire" at me if you want but FACT is, the R is not only NOT doing anything for our vets. They are taking benefits away and, if we let them, they will take even more away.

OTOH, the president and first lady, the vice president and second lady have fought and continue to fight for jobs and housing for our vets.

Our vets deserve more than they are getting from the damn R's, and, if this thread is any indication, the useless rw's.

The president has made many declarations, speeches, and hopes and dreams concerning many issues. Everything from mortgage relief to jobs to veteran benefits. Hardly a damn thing though is ever acted upon. He is about as big an empty suit and blow-hard as I have ever witnessed. Saying and doing are two different things. He is weak on policy and strong on politics. The Chicago thug has got to go.

The thing about lefties is they can claim to support all kinds of causes and feel good about themselves, not because they have done something, but because they believe the rest of us believe them.

I haven't seen a whole bunch of lefties at Walter Reed in the last three years or so. Looking at young men and women without arms and legs makes ya'll queasy.

Ignore him, Navy. The left wing scum will sink to any level - even using our wounded warriors for their hack point scoring. He's just proven what a totally sick little scumbag he is.

You are the scum that's making it a political argument. And you know it. You do it to be offensive... you are an amoral freak. I pity you.

You're the one who's making this a political argument, from the OP on down. Amazing that you can't see your own bias. For the record, I do not believe the repubs are trying to diminish vet benefits, not most of 'em anyway. I think it's more the dems who are trying to do that.

You're the one who's making this a political argument, from the OP on down. Amazing that you can't see your own bias. For the record, I do not believe the repubs are trying to diminish vet benefits, not most of 'em anyway. I think it's more the dems who are trying to do that.

I concur. Luddly has lost that last grasp of reality and gone full left wing zombie retard. Funny. :lol:

Strange how much of the more vocal support from the right for military personnel quieted right down when Obama was elected.

That's a lie. And you are equally as disgusting as your idiot buttbuddy, Luddly. Using our wounded for political point scoring... fucking sick.

Strange how much of the more vocal support from the right for military personnel quieted right down when Obama was elected.

That's a lie. And you are equally as disgusting as your idiot buttbuddy, Luddly. Using our wounded for political point scoring... fucking sick.

It was merely an observation. Who was using our wounded for political purposes during the last Admin?

It was merely an observation. Who was using our wounded for political purposes during the last Admin?

Unlike you, I don't differentiate between Administrations. I thought it was disgusting under Bush, and I think it's disgusting under Obama. I've negged right wingers for doing it, and I'll neg left wingers for doing it. That's how I roll... I apply the same standard without fear or favor. But that you could be half as logical... but that is way over your intellectual pay grade.

Your 'observation' skills need work. You're nothing more than a hack pretending it's not a hack.

Home - Wounded Warrior Project

If the R's get their way, they will be taking even more away from our wounded vets. If you can, please consider donating to this VERY worthwhile group.

I love liberal logic, who else could point to an independent charity that receives no government support as proof that we need government?

The OP is not about our wounded warriors - it's just a shithead freak on the left trying to use our military as a stick to beat up conservative. I suspect he's never even heard of the wounded warriors, yet alone ever donated a buck to them. He's scum. It's that simple.

If you think this is bad, you should have seen the Vietnam-era VA. If you were sick from Agent Orange, no problem; "It's all in your head-there's the door". If you had PTSD, no problem-"Here's some pills; if you're not better in three months, don't come back, it's not service connected. There's the door." Today's VA is better; it is at least trying, but like any big bureaucracy, it lets people fall through the cracks, and the gaps in the rules no one thought of. That's why the rest of us have to step up, and fill the gaps government can't fill. It's all good and well to say "Welcome home, thank you for your service!" and wave the flag; but if the American people civilians and vets alike leave it at that, it doesn't mean squat! Our wounded vets deserve everything they need to have as full and productive a life as their injuries will permit.

Some of us older vets didn't get the help we should have, but we're not going to let that happen to another generation. It's too late for us, but it's NOT too late for them. Their war over there is over, but their battle at home is just beginning, and we are not going to abandon our younger brothers and sisters, not even ONE, on that field. This is not about politics, it's about doing the right thing, and instead of bitching and political posturing, the rest of you need to educate yourselves, get off your asses, find out where you can help, and then GET INVOLVED. We need money, but what we need more, is people that care and are willing to give some of their time and talent, instead of leaving the whole damn job to someone else, and that includes leaving it to government.

I don't want this post to get lost in the usual flurry of r-l insults. Never mind what your opinion is of what I have written. What Gadfly says is true.

Gadfly - I feel for you. I really do.

I won't tell my own story, but I have a good friend who has a rough row to hoe. Special forces then, nightmares and out of control temper and booze now. Dumping them, leaving them on their own after training them the way they did - its wrong.

I agree that its not a political question. Yes, Obama has delivered thousands of jobs and homes but its not enough. Way too many are still homeless, standing on a street corner, holding a sign.

Right or left, these people gave their all for us and we simply cannot turn our backs on them.

Thanks Gadfly, for an excellent post.

I don't want this post to get lost in the usual flurry of r-l insults. Never mind what your opinion is of what I have written. What Gadfly says is true.

Gadfly - I feel for you. I really do.

I won't tell my own story, but I have a good friend who has a rough row to hoe. Special forces then, nightmares and out of control temper and booze now. Dumping them, leaving them on their own after training them the way they did - its wrong.

I agree that its not a political question. Yes, Obama has delivered thousands of jobs and homes but its not enough. Way too many are still homeless, standing on a street corner, holding a sign.

Right or left, these people gave their all for us and we simply cannot turn our backs on them.

Thanks Gadfly, for an excellent post.

You really are completely fucking retarded.

Obama hasn't delivered jack shit for vets. We have. We, the people... we who support vet charities, and fight for them like they fought for us. Not you though, all you do is bitch about rw's on the internet. Shame on you. Hack.

yep, not a one of O-bamie's programs have worked. He considers the military as a necessary inconvenience and loathes those of us who man the guns and stand the watch. He reminds me of many usmb members. Pathetic.

Forum List

Back