SUPERMAX for detainees--ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?

Glad to have you come over from the dark side, to the liberal side. The death penaly is medieval, and living the rest of your life in a supermax is a punishment deserving of a serial killer or rapist.

I have no problem with any terrorist who is found guilty being locked up for life in a super max.

Isn't that what we did with the 1993 WTC bombers?

From what Oreo has stated in his post, it sounds so much like the torture you lefties are so against. I just don't understand.

that's because you're still in love with George Bush, and emotionally invested in defending the failed legacy of bush/cheney.

locking someone up in a supermax is punishment. Not torture. No one is being water boarded, or striped naked and put in boxes with insects.

You won't find any liberal - except in your fevered imagination - who objected to putting convicted terrorists in a federal prison

Well the Democrats did cave in because they didn't want to give the GOP ammo. Can you imagine the commercials before the next election?

Democrats want terrorists to go free in the USA!

So until Obama assures them that this won't happen, they're being super max careful. :lol:

Oh I get it.

Another Bush lover's attempt to weed out "liberal hypocrisy. Does Rush Limbaugh have you under orders to try to think up ridiculous ways to demonstrate "liberal hypocrisy"?

Thanks for playing really bad analogies. :lol::lol:

Glad to have you come over from the dark side, to the liberal side. The death penaly is medieval, and living the rest of your life in a supermax is a punishment deserving of a serial killer or rapist.

I have no problem with any terrorist who is found guilty being locked up for life in a super max.

Isn't that what we did with the 1993 WTC bombers?

From what Oreo has stated in his post, it sounds so much like the torture you lefties are so against. I just don't understand.

that's because you're still in love with George Bush, and emotionally invested in defending the failed legacy of bush/cheney.

locking someone up in a supermax is punishment. Not torture. No one is being water boarded, or striped naked and put in boxes with insects.

You won't find any liberal - except in your fevered imagination - who objected to putting convicted terrorists in a federal prison

RD, you know I wasn't a big fan of Bush. He was conservative on some issues, and liberal on others....I'm a conservative. But all presidents make mistakes, Hell just look at the Carter adminstration, now he has to be the worst president in the last 100 years.
Can you link me up to where we were putting terrorists in boxes with insects...I missed that one...I really did. As far as waterboarding goes, the US did it to 3 terroists...with some results I might add.
If you think that being locked up for 23 hours in isolation, and out 1 hour alone is not torture..I just don't understand. You think that sleep deprivation, and loud music is, well isn't it more like splitting hairs? Just sayin....

Last edited:
Oh I get it.

Another Bush lover's attempt to weed out "liberal hypocrisy. Does Rush Limbaugh have you under orders to try to think up ridiculous ways to demonstrate "liberal hypocrisy"?

Liberal hypocrisy...possible... I do see you saw the anaology, and I didn't have to point it out to you.

Was Rush saying that...because I don't listen to him...just a little common sense on my end.

Oh I get it.

Liberal hypocrisy...possible... I do see you saw the anaology, and I didn't have to point it out to you.

Was Rush saying that...because I don't listen to him...just a little common sense on my end.

Rush, Hannity, Morning Joe, O'Reilly, Beck, Michael Reagan, Savage. They all say the same things. They have meetings/conferences to discuss the talking points.

The Daily Show makes fun of this all the time. They show all of them saying the exact same things verbatum. Like, even the same verbage like "unlawful enemy combatants"

They're just trying to control the conversation. And it seems it is working on you.

Oh I get it.

Rush, Hannity, Morning Joe, O'Reilly, Beck, Michael Reagan, Savage. They all say the same things. They have meetings/conferences to discuss the talking points.

The Daily Show makes fun of this all the time. They show all of them saying the exact same things verbatum. Like, even the same verbage like "unlawful enemy combatants"

They're just trying to control the conversation. And it seems it is working on you.

Ain't working on me, bobo. Like I said just a little common sense. By the way...you mean to tell me that your left isn't doing that kind of think tank?
I see what you mean though...coming down to the exact catch phrase...saw it for several years on the left.

SUPERMAX for detainees--ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?

Here's what I am sure of.

The word detainee is a lie.

They're PRISONERS.

Let's stop letting people torture our language to evade speaking the truth, shall we?

Prisoners in SUPERMAX are in isolation. They aren't allowed to associate with other prisoners--there will be no recruiting there.
Did you read what they would be doing? How does one recruit people he NEVER sees?
What I answered was his "US Prison" statement.... which is where these will end up instead of Supermax. You really think the ACLU is going to let Obama lock these detainees up in Supermax? Especially without trial?

Ones that DO get locked up will wind up in a US Prison, probably medium security.

And you think they will escape? Are our prisons that unsafe?
No, stupid. Read the exchange.

Ain't working on me, bobo. Like I said just a little common sense. By the way...you mean to tell me that your left isn't doing that kind of think tank?
I see what you mean though...coming down to the exact catch phrase...saw it for several years on the left.

You just don't know its working on you.

Funny you admit seeing this in liberal media but you deny watching any right wing shows. Hell, you even watched our shows for "several years".

Which shows were you watching?

Let's stop letting people torture our language to evade speaking the truth, shall we?
Yes, and let's start with the "recruiting tool" lie. And while we're at it, you better send Obama your memo, he calls them "detainees" as well, and has said some of them will never be released, trial or not.

Yes, and let's start with the "recruiting tool" lie. And while we're at it, you better send Obama your memo, he calls them "detainees" as well, and has said some of them will never be released, trial or not.

He'll give them a trial. Remember, the GOP created that mess.

Do you realize that the erosion of our liberties will not happen all at once or over night? It happens slowly.

First you accepted that Bush did not give Jose Padilla, an American citizen, his due process. Then you allowed them to break all kinds of laws and you still don't want to prosecute?

I guess only good/innocent Americans get a speedy trial and the right to remain silent. If they deem you to be a criminal, or "unlawful enemy combatant", then they can take away your rights? :cuckoo:

Then you let them spy on us. Fuck your right to privacy, right? Only criminals worry about privacy, huh? :cuckoo:

rush, hannity, morning joe, o'reilly, beck, michael reagan, savage. They all say the same things. They have meetings/conferences to discuss the talking points.

The daily show makes fun of this all the time. They show all of them saying the exact same things verbatum. Like, even the same verbage like "unlawful enemy combatants"

they're just trying to control the conversation. And it seems it is working on you.

ain't working on me, bobo. Like i said just a little common sense. By the way...you mean to tell me that your left isn't doing that kind of think tank?

you just don't know its working on you.

Funny you admit seeing this in liberal media but you deny watching any right wing shows. Hell, you even watched our shows for "several years".

nbc, also I watch the factor. He leans right, but always has opposite views to come on his show...not exactly like keith olbermann, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
yall act like this is the first super max in this country they have been here a while....why should a co have to risk his life with someone who is serving a two or three conservative life sentance for murder....

He'll give them a trial.
Here's how stupid you are. You cannot give anyone a trial in US courts without an indictment. To get the indictment, first you must KNOW WHO THEY ARE! The 241 detainees left are the hard-core ones who won't even cooperate that far. The 400 or so released since 2003, did.

However, you CAN try these pukes in military court. Which Obama has also said he will still do. And he also said some of them WON'T be tried, just held indefinitely because they are too dangerous to release.

You haven't the first slightest clue on the subject. But maybe you can answer this question which Obama wouldn't: What would YOU have done with detainees, enemy combatants we didn't kill, but captured? Let them go?

It is probably a subsidiary of Haloburton that runs Guantanimo. I wonder how much that costs us each month.I
It's the United States Marines who run Camp Delta. And it costs $90-100 million a year to run it. It cost $200 million to build. Which is the reason Obama should be using to close it, "we cannot afford it" instead of the stupid "recruitment tool" blather.

Last edited:
ain't working on me, bobo. Like i said just a little common sense. By the way...you mean to tell me that your left isn't doing that kind of think tank?

you just don't know its working on you.

nbc, also I watch the factor. He leans right, but always has opposite views to come on his show...not exactly like keith olbermann, if you know what I mean.

Name the strong lefties that O'Reilly has on? I saw when I was working out at the gym. I take my MP3 player and can listen to the tv's on the wall. He had a couple of dingbat broads on who were "Sort of" defending Obama.

He "leans" right? Wow! That's putting it mildly.

Does Olbermann have guests on ever?

Now let me explain why the left is better than the right on this. I watch Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow and Matthews. Who's on their show to defend the right?

Delay, Pat Buchanan, Tancrado & Rove. And they get plenty of air time to give their side of things.

Now you will be so kind as to tell me who O'Reilly has on to defend the left. Nobody!!!! Two chicks who work for Bill. Lame! Tell me the next time Bill gets into a heated argument with one of them. I'll watch myself tonight when I go to the gym. I'll bet you they are posers.

He'll give them a trial.
Here's how stupid you are. You cannot give anyone a trial in US courts without an indictment. To get the indictment, first you must KNOW WHO THEY ARE! The 241 detainees left are the hard-core ones who won't even cooperate that far. The 400 or so released since 2003, did.

However, you CAN try these pukes in military court. Which Obama has also said he will still do. And he also said some of them WON'T be tried, just held indefinitely because they are too dangerous to release.

You haven't the first slightest clue on the subject. But maybe you can answer this question which Obama wouldn't: What would YOU have done with detainees, enemy combatants we didn't kill, but captured? Let them go?

The hard core ones. Fine, then try them, and then put them in prisons around the world.

Do you think that we will ever let them go free in the US? :cuckoo:

Why don't we torture their names out of them?:lol:

Try them. And no, you don't have the facts. You have the spin on this.

Cheney said only 3 people were tortured. Do you believe that too?

It is probably a subsidiary of Haloburton that runs Guantanimo. I wonder how much that costs us each month.I
It's the United States Marines who run Camp Delta. And it costs $90-100 million a year to run it. It cost $200 million to build. Which is the reason Obama should be using to close it, "we cannot afford it" instead of the stupid "recruitment tool" blather.

What a mess the GOP got us in.

He'll give them a trial.

The hard core ones. Fine, then try them, and then put them in prisons around the world.

...What a mess the GOP got us in.
I note you didn't answer the question, just like Obama.... What would YOU have done with the detainees?

Obama is going to use military tribunals, and is also going to hold some indefinitely without any type of trial at all. You're OK with that?

...What a mess the GOP got us in.
I note you didn't answer the question, just like Obama.... What would YOU have done with the detainees?

Obama is going to use military tribunals, and is also going to hold some indefinitely without any type of trial at all. You're OK with that?

I said, "try them". That's what I would do.

And no I don't like kangaroo courts.

Forum List

Back