SUPERMAX for detainees--ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, May 21, 2009.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,160
    I live in Colorado & had the opportunity to see SUPERMAX in Florence, CO when my son was working on the construction. Toward the final phase of finishing I was invited down to do a little tour--prior to opening.

To let you know--prior to my visit--I was an strong supporter of the death penalty. After my visit to this facility--I had a change of mind.

I no longer agree that the worst punishment possible is death. It's living out the rest of your life in a 9 by 6 foot cell for 23 hours a day--with vitually no human contact. A steel bed with pad, a steel toilet, a steel sink--with what looks to be something of a mirror but is unbreakable. There are no windows to the outside from your cell--there is a slot in the door--where your food is delivered-along with a very small door window you can peek out of to look at the concrete wall in front of you. That's it for the cell.

Your 1 hour a day outside--is by yourself. It consists of walking onto a concrete slab--the size of a small deck 18' x 10' with concrete blocks walls 40 feet high. The only view from here is looking straight up at the sky. You get a shower every 3 to 4 days--lead in handcuffs by two guards & watched constantly. Then immediately lead back to your cell for the other 23 hour routine.

There are no execise rooms or yards for prisoners who are locked up 24/7. There is no playing cards with other inmates--playing baskeball- soccer-baseball, or other activities. It is total 24/7 lockup.

This is SUPERMAX in Florence Colorado

Today Obama mentioned putting these detainees in "SUPERMAX". So I will ask again. Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want to do with these remaining GITMO detainees?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  2. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100

WOW!!! Can't wait for the ACLU to step in and protect the terorists from this kind of torture.

3. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,160
    We already have the mastermind of the 9/11 attack here, along with many other Al Queda--plus Noreiga of Panama & many others.

My point being though--that I would take GITMO any day, any time, under any circumstance over SUPERMAX. Personally, I don't believe I would be able to keep my sanity for long at SUPERMAX.

If this is what these liberals want--then fine--send them to SUPERMAX--but I don't want to hear any complaints later.

4. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    i mentioned this earlier in another thread, spot on oreo....gitmo is club med compared to supermax...they will long for gitmo days

5. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Spot on. Gitmo is like summer camp. Small population, the food is probably decent and they are all like minded. The arguments for not bringing these guys here are based on legal challenges, not the security issue that they are playing up to the public. They can't hurt us anymore from a US prison than Gitmo. We'd just face a whole different set of challenges for holding them in civilian custody without charges, trials, etc.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I have to LMAO at the left. You know what all this pure bullshit about "detainees" tells military personnel? No prisoners are prisoners that can't make false allegations that the left will take up as their slogan.

Sorry buddy ... if it's me or you .....:eusa_whistle:

7. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Yup, what a "recruiting tool" that's gonna be!

8. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Sure they can. They will have a whole prison full of angry folks to recruit. Some of which, do their time and get out.

9. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Hell yes - lock them up and throw away the key AND the Q'uran!

10. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,160

Prisoners in SUPERMAX are in isolation. They aren't allowed to associate with other prisoners--there will be no recruiting there.