SUNY professor predicts with 97% certainty Trump will be next president

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
If he's the nominee.

Donald Trump will be president, SUNY professor predicts with 97 percent certainty

President Trump? A SUNY professor says he's "almost certain" it will happen.

Helmut Norpoth, a political science professor at Stony Brook University, says that his statistical model predicted Donald Trump will win the election if he's the Republican nominee. The billionaire businessman has a 97 percent chance of beating Hillary Clinton in the general election and a 99 percent chance of beating Bernie Sanders, according to Norpoth.

The Statesman reports Norpoth uses statistics from candidates' performances in their party's primary and patterns in the electoral cycle to forecast national election results. The equation correctly predicted Bill Clinton's victory in 1996, George W. Bush in 2004, and Barack Obama in 2012.

In fact, Norpoth's model has correctly predicted the outcome of every presidential election since 1912 except one, according to the Daily Mail. In 1960, John F. Kennedy beat Richard Nixon in one of the closest races in U.S. history.

"When I started out with this kind of display a few months ago, I thought it was sort of a joke," Norpoth said at a gathering Monday at the SUNY Global Center in Manhattan. "Well, I'll tell you right now, it ain't a joke anymore."

MORE: Donald Trump will be president, SUNY professor predicts with 97 percent certainty

If he's the nominee.

Donald Trump will be president, SUNY professor predicts with 97 percent certainty

Helmut Norpoth, a political science professor at Stony Brook University, says that his statistical model predicted Donald Trump will win the election if he's the Republican nominee. The billionaire businessman has a 97 percent chance of beating Hillary Clinton in the general election and a 99 percent chance of beating Bernie Sanders, according to Norpoth.

The Statesman reports Norpoth uses statistics from candidates' performances in their party's primary and patterns in the electoral cycle to forecast national election results. The equation correctly predicted Bill Clinton's victory in 1996, George W. Bush in 2004, and Barack Obama in 2012.

In fact, Norpoth's model has correctly predicted the outcome of every presidential election since 1912 except one, according to the Daily Mail. In 1960, John F. Kennedy beat Richard Nixon in one of the closest races in U.S. history.

"When I started out with this kind of display a few months ago, I thought it was sort of a joke," Norpoth said at a gathering Monday at the SUNY Global Center in Manhattan. "Well, I'll tell you right now, it ain't a joke anymore."

MORE: Donald Trump will be president, SUNY professor predicts with 97 percent certainty

I seen this story also. Interesting to say the least, but means nothing at the moment. Even if his formula is 100% accurate, (which it isn't by its own admission) it just means Trump is on the correct glide path to victory; bolstering the troops for sure by negating lefty propaganda which is certainly important, but still just a equation with a very small set of tests to check itself.

Still good news though. Certainly better than a formula tested as often that would show Trump losing, lol!

If he's the nominee.

Reminds me of those Colorado professors who were "certain" that Romney would win

Analysis of election factors points to Romney win, University of Colorado study says

If he's the nominee.

Reminds me of those Colorado professors who were "certain" that Romney would win

Analysis of election factors points to Romney win, University of Colorado study says
Check out the track record of the guy that actually said this.

If he's the nominee.

The guys in Colorado also had an amazing track record

But lets be honest....Picking Presidential elections is not that hard. A Bush/Gore photo finish is a rarity and you had a 50/50 chance of getting that one right

If he's the nominee.

According to the linked article:

"The Statesman reports Norpoth uses statistics from candidates' performances in their party's primary and patterns in the electoral cycle to forecast national election results. The equation correctly predicted Bill Clinton's victory in 1996, George W. Bush in 2004, and Barack Obama in 2012."

What happened in 2000 and 2008? It looks to me like he just got lucky and hit 3 out of the last 5. After the next presidential election, he'll be 3 for 6, that is if trump can get enough idiots to nominate him.

If he's the nominee.

According to the linked article:

"The Statesman reports Norpoth uses statistics from candidates' performances in their party's primary and patterns in the electoral cycle to forecast national election results. The equation correctly predicted Bill Clinton's victory in 1996, George W. Bush in 2004, and Barack Obama in 2012."

What happened in 2000 and 2008? It looks to me like he just got lucky and hit 3 out of the last 5. After the next presidential election, he'll be 3 for 6, that is if trump can get enough idiots to nominate him.

Well, I am not big on the formula either, but the article I read said when run backwards, (kinda like global warming models, lol they just never worked going forwards) it was accurate to 191- something, except for the 1960 election which JFK won. Pretty good record if there actually is a formula, but I doubt that anyone takes it as a predictor.

Forum List

Back