Sunday Nights

I never minded going to work, even jobs I didn't like much gave me satisfaction if I could do them well.

I can barely tell the days of the week anymore.

I toured pretty hard for a few years, got my home payed for, extremely low cost of living, very little ambiton and no delusions of granduer. When someone calls, I show up to play. I rarely drink or do drugs anymore. I don't want to change the world. Done with chasing women.

Fact is, I'm approaching a decade of doing exactly what I always wanted to do and I'm bored out of my mind with it. I'm actually thinking about taking a day job for the first time in years just so I'll have a reason to wake up on Monday. Otherwise, I'll see you at noon.

I toured pretty hard for a few years, got my home payed for, extremely low cost of living, very little ambiton and no delusions of granduer. When someone calls, I show up to play. I rarely drink or do drugs anymore. I don't want to change the world. Done with chasing women.

Fact is, I'm approaching a decade of doing exactly what I always wanted to do and I'm bored out of my mind with it. I'm actually thinking about taking a day job for the first time in years just so I'll have a reason to wake up on Monday. Otherwise, I'll see you at noon.

Eeek. How do you sleep that late and not wake up with a splitting headache?

It's like any schedule. I don't get out of most places until 1 or 2 in the AM and 3 or 4 before I get home. I went pretty hard at it like that for several years and I'm still on that shcedule. I am hardly ever in bed before 3 AM.

It's like any schedule. I don't get out of most places until 1 or 2 in the AM and 3 or 4 before I get home. I went pretty hard at it like that for several years and I'm still on that shcedule. I am hardly ever in bed before 3 AM.

Ah, I remember those days. The life of a musician or somebody who works in a restaurant!

There's something stuck in my head that says it's time to get up by 8am at the very latest (and that's on a weekend, no matter what time you get to bed), or I'm going to be miserable... Better not enough sleep than too much, I guess...

Course, that didn't happen til after I turned 30. :evil:

I have animals. They start bitching and making noise around 7 am. It's funny, they know how to make enough noise to wake me up but make damn sure they're out of site when i do open my eyes.

Ah, I remember those days. The life of a musician or somebody who works in a restaurant!

Bingo. The bartenders are your best friends. There is an entire sub culture that works by a completely different set of rules.

I really don't mind the in state stuff but a few years of really trying to make a regional name for yourself will kill a grown man. I used to take shows all over the southeast. Get out at half past 2 and drive 3 or 4 hours home. It is a grueling pace. Can't always book things in the perfect order and you end up paying in VA Beach Sat. night and a Sunday afternoon in SC. You get home in time for a bird bath and an hour nap. ROCK N ROLL !!

I have animals. They start bitching and making noise around 7 am. It's funny, they know how to make enough noise to wake me up but make damn sure they're out of site when i do open my eyes.

I swear mine pole-vault off my back to get my attention..my back to the headboard, to the dresser, to my back, circle around my head, jump down, jump up.... I can always tell when the cats dish is empty. You'd think if she can go through all THAT trouble to make her point, she could just get the damned food herself.

There's something stuck in my head that says it's time to get up by 8am at the very latest (and that's on a weekend, no matter what time you get to bed), or I'm going to be miserable... Better not enough sleep than too much, I guess...

Course, that didn't happen til after I turned 30. :evil:

well, yeah...I used to be the same. But after a while you get used to a schedule. I've been off the hard schedule for over 6 months and I still can't sleep until the wee hours of the morning. I do get up to put the dog out. At least I think I do. She gets out somehow. I don't remember much about it.

I swear mine pole-vault off my back to get my attention..my back to the headboard, to the dresser, to my back, circle around my head, jump down, jump up.... I can always tell when the cats dish is empty. You'd think if she can go through all THAT trouble to make her point, she could just get the damned food herself.

Mine is to lazy for that. She just scratches on the door or picks the box spring. The dog paces and/or chases the cat - she hisses, he gets scratched yelps....repeat.

Bingo. The bartenders are your best friends. There is an entire sub culture that works by a completely different set of rules.

I really don't mind the in state stuff but a few years of really trying to make a regional name for yourself will kill a grown man. I used to take shows all over the southeast. Get out at half past 2 and drive 3 or 4 hours home. It is a grueling pace. Can't always book things in the perfect order and you end up paying in VA Beach Sat. night and a Sunday afternoon in SC. You get home in time for a bird bath and an hour nap. ROCK N ROLL !!

Yeah, my friend Deana's boyfriend used to book bands here for a club. A lot of the times they would end up staying at their place, crashing on the floor or couch. I still have some friends whose only job is playing music in bars around here, they make a decent living, and don't have to have a "day" job.

Mine is to lazy for that. She just scratches on the door or picks the box spring. The dog paces and/or chases the cat - she hisses, he gets scratched yelps....repeat.

Rotten little bastards...and yet they let us keep them.

there is reaally nothing like driving across the countrry in a smelly bus..with a bunch of adolesent grown men living of free pizza and beer is there

after all these years i've never shed any tears. i'm happy just to be here drinking all your beer. it's been so long since i wrote that stupid song. i love these fucking places i get comfort from your faces. well i am what i am and we ain't what we ain't. we're way too old to change now and you'd probably hate it anyhow. after all these years we do it just for the free piza and beer.

DAYGLO ABORTIONS - AFTER ALL THESE BEERS LYRICS

Last edited:

there is reaally nothing like driving across the countrry in a smelly bus..with a bunch of adolesent grown men living of free pizza and beer is there

after all these years i've never shed any tears. i'm happy just to be here drinking all your beer. it's been so long since i wrote that stupid song. i love these fucking places i get comfort from your faces. well i am what i am and we ain't what we ain't. we're way too old to change now and you'd probably hate it anyhow. after all these years we do it just for the beer.

DAYGLO ABORTIONS - AFTER ALL THESE BEERS LYRICS

With lyrics like that? Way too many beers. :eusa_eh:

Do you start to feel kinda down on Sunday nights, now that the weekend is winding down, and another work week looms ahead?

I sometimes do, thinking, "Oh man, 5 more days until Friday!"

Or are you excited to start the work week? "Relaxing is for sissies!" :lol:

I love my job, so I don't get bummed on sunday night.

I mean, I love my time off. who doesn't? But, I'm usually pretty jazzed to go to work. Does that make me a bad person? :confused:

Do you start to feel kinda down on Sunday nights, now that the weekend is winding down, and another work week looms ahead?

I sometimes do, thinking, "Oh man, 5 more days until Friday!"

Or are you excited to start the work week? "Relaxing is for sissies!" :lol:

I love my job, so I don't get bummed on sunday night.

I mean, I love my time off. who doesn't? But, I'm usually pretty jazzed to go to work. Does that make me a bad person? :confused:

YES!

You're EVIL and you're going to HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah, my friend Deana's boyfriend used to book bands here for a club. A lot of the times they would end up staying at their place, crashing on the floor or couch. I still have some friends whose only job is playing music in bars around here, they make a decent living, and don't have to have a "day" job.

Whew.....you wake in some strange places. I was too old for that shit when I got serious about making a career though. I tow my own home on wheels around if I'm too far out to get home. Kept an agent and a manager for a while, pushed the CDs, did the studio visits, did live television. Met enough people way more talented than me. The trick is having someone around to constantly push you. Behind just about everyone I met is a manager, a spouse, someone that makes sure you drag your ass to bumfuck Arkansas to do an interview or play for some glorified picnic. Otherwise, as many have demostrated, it's really easy to get burned out and decide to do something else. And many, many people just stay high. Or drunk. Of course, that can also be a great asset if you can remember enough and have the ability to write about it.

Forum List

Back