Sunday Morning News Shows – DETACHED

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
All one has to do is see the words and names they talk about on the Sunday morning news shows, to see how detached they are, from the major issues that Americans care about.

What do we hear from these guys ? Chief of Staff, Preibus, Kelly, Scaramucci, Sessions, Obamacare, etc. All the things that somebody could conceive to make Trump look bad.

And what don’t we hear ? All the things we want to hear about. The things that got Trump elected. Jobs, the Mexican border wall, sanctuary cities, Mexican imperialism pillaging our economy, the Muslim ban, ISIS, gun-free zones, nationwide CCW, the economy (which has improved in 2017).

All one has to do is see the words and names they talk about on the Sunday morning news shows, to see how detached they are, from the major issues that Americans care about.

What do we hear from these guys ? Chief of Staff, Preibus, Kelly, Scaramucci, Sessions, Obamacare, etc. All the things that somebody could conceive to make Trump look bad.

And what don’t we hear ? All the things we want to hear about. The things that got Trump elected. Jobs, the Mexican border wall, sanctuary cities, Mexican imperialism pillaging our economy, the Muslim ban, ISIS, gun-free zones, nationwide CCW, the economy (which has improved in 2017).
I agree they spend most of their time talking about the D.C. "buzz" that is only interesting to other D.C. watchers.
PBS Newshour every night does a better job of not spending all their time on D.C. politics. They frequently lead with it, but they go on to other things. They don't do a Sunday show, though.
I used to watch the Sunday shows, but lately they're just too focused on stuff that's not so important; I agree they spend the hour bitching about Trump. Period.
If you tune in to CSPAN regularly, you'll find some good stuff on there.

I agree they spend most of their time talking about the D.C. "buzz" that is only interesting to other D.C. watchers.
PBS Newshour every night does a better job of not spending all their time on D.C. politics. They frequently lead with it, but they go on to other things. They don't do a Sunday show, though.
I used to watch the Sunday shows, but lately they're just too focused on stuff that's not so important; I agree they spend the hour bitching about Trump. Period.
I agree. CSPAN is pretty good, and has good guests. I don't have cable anymore though, so I'm stuck with these dopey air antenna shows.

I agree. CSPAN is pretty good, and has good guests. I don't have cable anymore though, so I'm stuck with these dopey air antenna shows.
Bummer.

OK bub, talk about it.
So what has Trump done about
Jobs
The Mexican border wall
Sanctuary cities
Mexican imperialism pillaging our economy
Muslim ban
ISIS
Gun Free zones
Nationwide CCW
The (improved) economy
What has he done about any of them?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

OK bub, talk about it.
So what has Trump done about
Jobs
The Mexican border wall
Sanctuary cities
Mexican imperialism pillaging our economy
Muslim ban
ISIS
Gun Free zones
Nationwide CCW
The (improved) economy
What has he done about any of them?

1. The economy has improved. including jobs (for AMERICANS) as illegal aliens depart, and less are entering.

2. $1.57 billion that President Trump requested for the wall has been approved by the House (July 27)

3. Sessions announced (July 25) that applicants for Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants will be required to certify that they'll cooperate with federal immigration enforcement more extensively than in the past - a new salvo against sanctuary cities on Tuesday -- moving to make immigration enforcement a pre-condition for receiving key law enforcement grants.

4. Mexican imperialism pillaging our economy has been reduced by increased deportations (from abolished catch & release) + less illegals coming in.

5. Called for ban on travel from Muslim countries. SCOTUS (with a Trump pick) affirmed it.

6. ISIS - are getting their asses kicked, as Iraqi fighters now have confidence with Trump (they knew Obama was partisan to ISIS)

7. H.R. 34 - the Safe Students Act.

GOP Rep Pushes Repeal of Gun-Free School Zones Act Under Trump - Breitbart

Forum List

Back