Sun Goes Blank Again, Weakest Solar Cycle in More Than a Century

Time to go find an isolated native tribe and threaten them with a cold snap. With any luck -- you'll at least make medicine man, if not the freaking Chief.

Another couple months and it will forecast as a Solar Minimum event...

How about some actual data?

Solar Cycle Progression | NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center

solar-cycle-sunspot-number.gif

Weatherman's link gave me a white page.

Not sure what's supposed to be newsworthy here. Cycle 24 has been low, but we knew that back in mid-2012.

Well.. they allow it to be implied. So I reduced the color saturation on the graphic.

Over the last 35 years the sun has shown a slight cooling trend. However global temperatures have been increasing. Since the sun and climate are going in opposite directions scientists conclude the sun cannot be the cause of recent global warming.

The only way to blame the sun for the current rise in temperatures is by cherry picking the data. This is done by showing only past periods when sun and climate move together and ignoring the last few decades when the two are moving in opposite directions.

Figure 1: Annual global temperature change (thin light red) with 11 year moving average of temperature (thick dark red). Temperature from NASA GISS. Annual Total Solar Irradiance (thin light blue) with 11 year moving average of TSI (thick dark blue). TSI from 1880 to 1978 from Krivova et al 2007 (data). TSI from 1979 to 2015 from PMOD (see the PMOD index page for data updates).

Basic rebuttal written by Larry M
Sun & climate: moving in opposite directions

The usual drones who are totally incompetent and have no clue how our climatic system works..

Crick fires off first whit a chart that doesn't reflect the the change in solar sunspot counts and how they would be reflected today, if they were counted like they were for almost 400 years. IF the sunspots were counted like Wolf did, our progression would be very near ZERO.

Then we have another idiot, T-Sloth, who tries to tie the ADJUSTED thermometer record to CO2 levels and the drop in TSI, in an effort to somehow give credibility to the alarmist crap.. and he doesn't even post up the science to prove it, just conjecture and correlations.... in other words he posted up crap.

And yet the real data shows them both totally clueless...

Next Solar cycle is predicted to be 1/2 of our current one... Then ignoring cold 30 year ocean cycles... We know how the earth reacted to this the last time and its already showing signs that it will react the same again...

These guys are going to be butt hurt this winter when we have major below average temps for most of the Northern hemisphere (below average because the base period they use will be the one of a warming atmosphere not a cooling one as we are seeing today).

http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/images/Zurich_Color_Small.jpg

Zurich_Color_Small.jpg

Last edited:
The usual drones who are totally incompetent and have no clue how our climatic system works..

Crick fires off first whit a chart that doesn't reflect the the change in solar sunspot counts and how they would be reflected today if they were counted like they were for almost 1000 years. IF the sunspots were count like Wolf did our progression would be very near ZERO.

Then we have another idiot, T-Sloth, who tries to tie the ADJUSTED thermometer record to CO2 levels and the drop in TSI, in an effort to somehow give credibility to the alarmist crap.. and he doesn't even post up the science to prove it, just conjecture and correlations....

Next Solar cycle is predicted to be 1/2 of our current one... with cold 30 year ocean cycles... We know how the earth reacted to this the last time and its already showing signs that it will react the same again...

These guys are going to be butt hurt this winter when we have major below average temps for most of the Northern hemisphere (below average because the base period they use will be the one of a warming atmosphere not a cooling one as we are seeing today).
We are due for a bad winter, it comes around every so often...

Crick fires off first whit a chart that doesn't reflect the the change in solar sunspot counts and how they would be reflected today if they were counted like they were for almost 1000 years. IF the sunspots were count like Wolf did our progression would be very near ZERO.

Then we have another idiot, T-Sloth, who tries to tie the ADJUSTED thermometer record to CO2 levels and the drop in TSI, in an effort to somehow give credibility to the alarmist crap.. and he doesn't even post up the science to prove it, just conjecture and correlations....

Next Solar cycle is predicted to be 1/2 of our current one... with cold 30 year ocean cycles... We know how the earth reacted to this the last time and its already showing signs that it will react the same again...

Were due, as the earth is cyclical and these fools cant see it because of their faith in CO2 and the AGW lie.

The sun keeps getting cooler, yet the world keeps getting hotter.

Conclusion? You'd have to be a special type of stupid to think the sun was causing the warming.

Billy is that special type of stupid. Tell us all again, Billy, how that cooling sun causes warming.

Back in the real world, even if the sun did go into a new Maunder minimum, that would just mean a temporary slowdown in the rate of warming. Climate forcing from human CO2 emissions are much more powerful than any conceivable changes in solar forcing.

Were due, as the earth is cyclical and these fools cant see it because of their faith in CO2 and the AGW lie.
These are the kind of folks that can make sense out of the Farmers Almanac yearly weather calendar, and astrological signs for activities..

All I know is when the facts didn't pan out and most world sea shore cities weren't ten feet under water as they predicted, they went from Global Warming to Climate Change. I wonder what name they'll use next. But I doubt they will, because Climate Change is all encompassing, that's what the climate does, IT CHANGES. :lmao:

All I know is when the facts didn't pan out and most world sea shore cities weren't ten feet under water as they predicted, they went from Global Warming to Climate Change. I wonder what name they're use next. But I doubt they will because Climate Change is all encompassing, that's what the climate does, IT CHANGES. :lmao:
I was looking forward to a nuclear freeze, I get hot easily....

All I know is when the facts didn't pan out and most world sea shore cities weren't ten feet under water as they predicted, they went from Global Warming to Climate Change. I wonder what name they're use next. But I doubt they will because Climate Change is all encompassing, that's what the climate does, IT CHANGES. :lmao:
Men-O-Pause?

You can always use dry ice to freeze various orofices in your body. :rofl:

Men-O-Pause?
Fat...or bulky, or goon...

You can always use dry ice to freeze various orofices in your body. :rofl:
It doesn't work when working in 100 degree heat...

Forum List

Back