Suckered At The Gas Pump

cultsmasher

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
Bay City, MI
Have any of you seen the documentary, "Who Killed The Electric Car?" Right now, everybody should be driving electric cars. But we're not. Why? I think the main reason is that oil companies own too much automobile company stock. And likely vise versa. People have a choice of flex fuel or hybrids. But it is just a load of crap. It's like food manufacturers replacing fat in their products with sugar. Which only made things worse.

Another reason for car companies to continue to use internal combustion engines is because of the money they can make on their upkeep. As well as automotive supply stores or oil change companies. No doubt there is a pretty penny to be made selling things like timing belts, oil filters, gaskets, etc, etc, etc, etc etc. But most of those things aren't made in the U.S. anymore anyway.

Also, automobile companies like to sell people on POWER! But an electric car can provide people all the power they need. Some people also complain about the lack of range with an electric car before it needs to be recharged. But from what I heard in the documentary I mentioned, electric cars have more than enough range for well over 90% of the driving people do. Though if people needed a little more range, my solution would be as simple as putting something like a small one cylinder home electric generator into the car. It can run as the car runs and help delay the need for a recharge. Even with an air conditioner or heater running.

Another thing is that there is little doubt in my mind that automobile companies could make these cars for much less than the cost of hybrids. And certanly much less than those pricy but nice Tesla cars. Also, not having to buy a lot of gasoline would also help. It would also help that the U.S. not have to pay over four hundred billion each year for oil imports. The benefit to the environment would also be quite welcome. Do things really need to lead to disaster before something is done? Well if I was running things, they wouldn't.

Forum List

Back