Successful Negotiations on The US Budget.

You do know that it's the House that does the Continuing Resolutions.....

Whatever... C-SPAN works and transparency rocks. :rock:

Let the voters see.

:eusa_think: I'd be really surprised if someone out there were unable to find a C-SPAN video showing a democrat protecting an interest he / she finds more special than their constituents.

There's another election just 2 years away to prepare for.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...question-about-obstruction-2.html#post6019591

I'll bet the obstructionism on both sides would be minimized if ALL of the negotiating between Boehner, Reid, Obama and the rest of the monkeys in suits we've entrusted our economy to were broadcast on C-SPAN.

No more closed doors... Let the voters see.

I dunno, I remember the Kabuki theater that took place between Obama and leaders from both parties back when they were trying to work out a deal on the debt ceiling I think it was. Obama always got the last word, it was total political garbage. You'd end up with a whole lot of finger pointing and blame game, who would want to be the first one to blink on national TV?

I wouldn't watch it, frankly I'm not going to watch another Obama performance again. I hit the mute anytime I see that man open his mouth, or I change the channel.

Do you reckon seeing that kind of behavior on the inevitable campaign commercials that would result from such a C-SPAN video might have affected the last election?

Do you reckon having live cameras in the negotiation rooms might have had a civilizing effect?

Transparency rocks! :rock:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...question-about-obstruction-2.html#post6019591

I'll bet the obstructionism on both sides would be minimized if ALL of the negotiating between Boehner, Reid, Obama and the rest of the monkeys in suits we've entrusted our economy to were broadcast on C-SPAN.

I dunno, I remember the Kabuki theater that took place between Obama and leaders from both parties back when they were trying to work out a deal on the debt ceiling I think it was. Obama always got the last word, it was total political garbage. You'd end up with a whole lot of finger pointing and blame game, who would want to be the first one to blink on national TV?

I wouldn't watch it, frankly I'm not going to watch another Obama performance again. I hit the mute anytime I see that man open his mouth, or I change the channel.

Do you reckon seeing that kind of behavior on the inevitable campaign commercials that would result from such C-SPAN video might have affected the last election?

Do you reckon having live cameras in the negotiation rooms might have had a civilizing effect?

It rocks only when portrayed honestly and in context. When each side pulls one phrase out of the mix and holds it up as evidence of what the other intends/wants/believews/etc., it can be more destructive than hashing things out behind closed doors.

Where we need the transparency in what the final product is and what it will do. Candidate Obama in 2008 promised complete transparency in everything he and Congress did, but has produced the most secretive and untransparent administration in my memory and, with the mainstream media aiding and abetting them in that, there is valid reason to be suspicious of everything they tell us now. Most especially when we are so constantly lied to re the whole picture. They tell us true things included in the stuff, but that is to make it look good while the stuff they know we would hate is never fully revealed.

I think this will become obvious in spades when Obamacare goes into full effect next year. I have people in the medical field already planning to take early retirement. And, because of my work history, I know a LOT of people who are the medical field including a lot of doctors. Not one is encouraging their kids to go into medicine because of the way things are and out of a belief it will get much worse. Is anybody in the administration or the media addressing this? Nope. But in 10 years, we all may have to deal with imported doctors who barely speak our language.

And I bet that won't be revealed in any budget negotiations they agree on either, nor will we be told what the real cost of Obamacare alone is going to be. And yes, I am very discouraged and a bit bitter about that because I feel helpless to do anything about it.

For instance, here is what initially happened in order for Obama to get support for the bill:

“Friday marks the last time HHS will have to update the total number of waivers, putting to rest a recurring political firestorm. The department had been updating its waiver totals every month, prompting monthly attacks from the GOP,” writes Sam Baker of The Hill.

Naturally, Republican opposition to the bill seized on these waivers as an opportunity to advance the argument that the healthcare law is “unworkable.”

So how does the HHS justify granting the waivers? The department argues that the waivers show the law provides “flexibility.”

But who gets to choose when the law is “flexible”?

“All told, 1,231 companies applied for and received waivers from the law’s restrictions on annual benefit caps,” Baker writes. “The law requires plans to gradually raise their benefit limits, and all annual limits will become illegal in 2014. Companies that received waivers can keep their caps intact until 2014.”

When added together, the healthcare waivers excuse about 4 million people, or about 3 percent of the population, from having to participate, HHS said.
And the Final Number of ‘Obamacare’ Waivers is… | TheBlaze.com

Who is included in the 1.231 companies receiving waivers? Almost all union shops and big Democratic contributors. And if any of these find Obamacare to be a problem as the full application of the law approaches next year, look for more waivers to be granted. They can afford to be generous to 4 million critical supporters because there are a whole bunch of us left to tax to support the program. Already Medicare recipients, who have no place to go other than Medicare, are seeing higher premiums and much larger deductibles. That will be magnified next year and will no doubt force some to give up Medicare and go on Medicaid that collects no premiums and has no deductibles. And that will likely force more and more doctors to refuse to accept Medicare and Medicaid patients or, if the government regulations--you know, those regulations still to be written--don't allow them to do that, it is likely many will just close up shop altogether.

And if none of that happens, I will admit that I bought into anti-Obamacare rhetoric that is just plain wrong. Meanwhile, many people dear and important to me are facing uncertainty re their personal healthcare and their jobs due to the threat (and uncertainties) of Obamacare hanging over them. I know at least a dozen business owners who are laying off people or cancelling plans to hire to avoid being subject to Obamacare next year. How much transparency are we seeing re that?

No, it is sufficient that the hearings and floor debates are made open to us. But I want the hard negotiations to be behind closed doors without any media or hidden recording devices so they can be brutally honest and purposeful in hashing out the details and don't have to worry about how that might be dishonestly displayed in a partisan media later on.

Do you reckon seeing that kind of behavior on the inevitable campaign commercials that would result from such C-SPAN video might have affected the last election?

I am not sure what the effect might be for live cameras. It could have a negative effect too, pols act differently when the cameras are on.

Well, let's see...

The GOP wants Obamination and Reid to quit trying to gut the DoD budget and they don't want higher taxes on companies and investors to prevent a recession.

Democraps want to raise taxes on so-called "rich" people making $250K+ and companies so that Obamacare will have lots of money for more goodies. Also, they want to steal money from the DoD budget for more entitlement goodies.

Yeah, looks like there will be a compromise....not.

Let the voters see.

:eusa_think: I'd be really surprised if someone out there were unable to find a C-SPAN video showing a democrat protecting an interest he / she finds more special than their constituents.

The GOP wouldn't let it happen. They like to keep everything as secret as Cheney's "undisclosed location"

Remember this gem when the GOP speaker cut off the democrats from talking, walked out, and Boner forced CSPAN to turn off their cameras?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxcrJMPGMzU]Republicans Cut C-SPAN Cameras On Hoyer - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

It rocks only when portrayed honestly and in context. When each side pulls one phrase out of the mix and holds it up as evidence of what the other intends/wants/believews/etc., it can be more destructive than hashing things out behind closed doors.

Where we need the transparency in what the final product is and what it will do. Candidate Obama in 2008 promised complete transparency in everything he and Congress did, but has produced the most secretive and untransparent administration in my memory and, with the mainstream media aiding and abetting them in that, there is valid reason to be suspicious of everything they tell us now. Most especially when we are so constantly lied to re the whole picture. They tell us true things included in the stuff, but that is to make it look good while the stuff they know we would hate is never fully revealed.

I think this will become obvious in spades when Obamacare goes into full effect next year. I have people in the medical field already planning to take early retirement. And, because of my work history, I know a LOT of people who are the medical field including a lot of doctors. Not one is encouraging their kids to go into medicine because of the way things are and out of a belief it will get much worse. Is anybody in the administration or the media addressing this? Nope. But in 10 years, we all may have to deal with imported doctors who barely speak our language.

And I bet that won't be revealed in any budget negotiations they agree on either, nor will we be told what the real cost of Obamacare alone is going to be. And yes, I am very discouraged and a bit bitter about that because I feel helpless to do anything about it.

When 4 years of 'negotiating' a budget produces nothing but animosity, finger pointing, and accusations of obstructionism from both sides, and there is no 'final product' out there for review, it becomes clear to me that transparency in the negotiation process is what's required.

C-SPAN at every meeting. The time is now. We, The People need FIRST hand information, directly from the mouths of the obstructionists if we are to make informed choices as voters. The hearsay coming out of those closed door meetings is full of political spin and bullshit spewing from both sides.

It's time to open the doors.

You mean like the Omama Care hearings were supposed to be broadcast?

Exactly. Let The People see whose interests their representatives find 'special'.

Every meeting. Every time.

The real need for transparencyy is for the House and their unreasonable behavior and votes.

They were the ones pulling Boehner's strings.

Last edited:
For instance, here is what initially happened in order for Obama to get support for the bill:

“Friday marks the last time HHS will have to update the total number of waivers, putting to rest a recurring political firestorm. The department had been updating its waiver totals every month, prompting monthly attacks from the GOP,” writes Sam Baker of The Hill.

Naturally, Republican opposition to the bill seized on these waivers as an opportunity to advance the argument that the healthcare law is “unworkable.”

So how does the HHS justify granting the waivers? The department argues that the waivers show the law provides “flexibility.”

“All told, 1,231 companies applied for and received waivers from the law’s restrictions on annual benefit caps,” Baker writes. “The law requires plans to gradually raise their benefit limits, and all annual limits will become illegal in 2014. Companies that received waivers can keep their caps intact until 2014.”

When added together, the healthcare waivers excuse about 4 million people, or about 3 percent of the population, from having to participate, HHS said.

Who is included in the 1.231 companies receiving waivers? Almost all union shops and big Democratic contributors. And if any of these find Obamacare to be a problem as the full application of the law approaches next year, look for more waivers to be granted. They can afford to be generous to 4 million critical supporters because there are a whole bunch of us left to tax to support the program. Already Medicare recipients, who have no place to go other than Medicare, are seeing higher premiums and much larger deductibles. That will be magnified next year and will no doubt force some to give up Medicare and go on Medicaid that collects no premiums and has no deductibles. And that will likely force more and more doctors to refuse to accept Medicare and Medicaid patients or, if the government regulations--you know, those regulations still to be written--don't allow them to do that, it is likely many will just close up shop altogether.

And if none of that happens, I will admit that I bought into anti-Obamacare rhetoric that is just plain wrong. Meanwhile, many people dear and important to me are facing uncertainty re their personal healthcare and their jobs due to the threat (and uncertainties) of Obamacare hanging over them. I know at least a dozen business owners who are laying off people or cancelling plans to hire to avoid being subject to Obamacare next year. How much transparency are we seeing re that?

No, it is sufficient that the hearings and floor debates are made open to us. But I want the hard negotiations to be behind closed doors without any media or hidden recording devices so they can be brutally honest and purposeful in hashing out the details and don't have to worry about how that might be dishonestly displayed in a partisan media later on.

:eusa_eh:

2011: Medicare Part B Premiums = $115.00 / month - 80% coverage.
2012: Medicare Part B Premiums = $ 99.90 / month - 80% coverage.

I just don't see the increase. :dunno:

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, Foxy One. It's the accusations from BOTH sides of obstructionism during the closed door meetings that is causing the problem.

Cutting in to the source is required... treating a symptom does nothing to cut the cancer out to allow the healing to begin.

I am not sure what the effect might be for live cameras. It could have a negative effect too, politicians act differently when the cameras are on.

That's what I'm counting on. :eusa_pray:

Good gawd.

You are incredibly naive.

Nothing to say but personal insults, eh? No surprise here... carry on.

Let the voters see.

The GOP wouldn't let it happen. They like to keep everything as secret as Cheney's "undisclosed location"

Remember this gem when the GOP speaker cut off the democrats from talking, walked out, and Boner forced CSPAN to turn off their cameras?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxcrJMPGMzU]Republicans Cut C-SPAN Cameras On Hoyer - YouTube[/ame]

Fuck 'em. Those monkeys in suits work for us... ass-u-me-ing they spend the next two years doing things differently than they did the last two years...
Their jobs are on the line. Just ask Allen West here in my district.

The republicans have gerrymandered their last election - it's time to be a better reflection of America or die.

You mean like the Omama Care hearings were supposed to be broadcast?

Exactly. Let The People see whose interests their representatives find 'special'.

Every meeting. Every time.

Never gonna happen. The corrupt pols don't want any light shone on their dirty dealings

Forum List

Back