"Libya near 'point of no return', U.N. says as fighting toll rises"

Iraq

ISIS militants still pressing forward in Iraq - CNN.com

"
ISIS militants still pressing forward in Iraq"

Attacks pose challenge to new Afghan leader - Yahoo News UK

"
Attacks pose challenge to new Afghan leader"

Everything the US govt touches, turns to feces.

Successful? The US govt goes in, they leave behind a trail of destruction that they cannot control.

Libya.

Libya near point of no return U.N. says as fighting toll rises - Yahoo News UK

Iraq

"

"

Successful? The US govt goes in, they leave behind a trail of destruction that they cannot control.
You support obama this is what you want.

Of course it's successful. US foreign policy in the region has been running smoothly for decades.
Keep the oil rich, areas in constant turmoil; and never under any circumstances, let those nations unite, and consolidate power , and influence.

Of course it's successful. US foreign policy in the region has been running smoothly for decades.
Keep the oil rich, areas in constant turmoil; and never under any circumstances, let those nations unite, and consolidate power , and influence.

So are you saying that "Diversity is a strength" is a lie, that's it's really "Divide and Conquer" and if so then what on Earth are liberals doing to our own society?

If you want to know about liberals thought processes... You're asking the wrong person.

So are you saying that "Diversity is a strength" is a lie, that's it's really "Divide and Conquer" and if so then what on Earth are liberals doing to our own society?

Or you could what are conservatives doing in our society.

Instead of indulging in yet another lame exercise in partisan finger-pointing, perhaps people should just be glad that western culture is no longer in the dark ages as is Arab.

We did not create these people. We have nothing to do with their primitive culture. Their religion is their own as is their practice of marrying their close family members, and although we did create situations where the strong-armed leaders that kept some of the barbarism in check, the leaders, themselves were also barbaric and so the motivations for removing them were not entirely dishonorable whether it was Bush doing so in Iraq, or the Arab spring occurring during the Obama administration.

If we are guilty of anything, that guilt lies in the hubris of thinking we could somehow turn them into us or that we are somehow responsible for everything they do. We aren't. Instead of all this internecine squabbling between those who supported a Republican president who forcefully removed one strong armed leader or a Democratic president who aided in removing others -- squabbling that seems more the result of a conditioned response than rational analysis -- wouldn't we be better off to look at the situation in terms of culture, instead?

The gulf between republicans and democrats is a stream. The gulf between the Arab world and the west is an ocean.

Ohhh. I am glad. And it's not partisan policy. It's American policy.
Its the "how" that becomes partisan.

Had islam had not been stopped in it's world crusade you would not be on a forum using your freedom of speech...

Libya.

Iraq

"

"

US foreign policy is completely UNconstitutional.

The federal government has no authority to meddle in the internal affairs of other nations, we are supposed to be NEUTRAL.

Instead of indulging in yet another lame exercise in partisan finger-pointing, perhaps people should just be glad that western culture is no longer in the dark ages as is Arab.

We did not create these people. We have nothing to do with their primitive culture. Their religion is their own as is their practice of marrying their close family members, and although we did create situations where the strong-armed leaders that kept some of the barbarism in check, the leaders, themselves were also barbaric and so the motivations for removing them were not entirely dishonorable whether it was Bush doing so in Iraq, or the Arab spring occurring during the Obama administration.

If we are guilty of anything, that guilt lies in the hubris of thinking we could somehow turn them into us or that we are somehow responsible for everything they do. We aren't. Instead of all this internecine squabbling between those who supported a Republican president who forcefully removed one strong armed leader or a Democratic president who aided in removing others -- squabbling that seems more the result of a conditioned response than rational analysis -- wouldn't we be better off to look at the situation in terms of culture, instead?

The gulf between republicans and democrats is a stream. The gulf between the Arab world and the west is an ocean.

So the US interference hasn't had an impact, not only on Islam, but also on the manner in which things happen?

I'd say it does. I'm not defending Islam, I don't like religion at all, and I think Islam isn't great. However there's a big difference in Islam around the world. Turkey for example, and Islam in countries where you might not expect Islam to be, like China, southern Africa etc is on the same level as the other religions or perhaps even higher.

The problem is, if you take countries in the Middle East, they were suffering from the break up of the Ottoman Empire and trying to go their own way. The British had a major (negative) part to play in all of this. Making Iraq in a manner which wasn't going to be beneficial for anyone but the west, for example.

But then we have interference in Iran, and other Middle Eastern countries. And it's not difficult to see why the US has interfered in these countries, and anyone in any country who suffered such interference would be more likely to turn radical.

The US's power and influence over the world, especially post WW2, the Cold War period, saw such battles over which countries would be on which side, not leaving room for individual development of countries in their own manner, the funding of Israel and allowing Israel to use such money to basically do what they like without recourse. This all has had an impact on Jihad, the modern version grew out of the British attempts at controlling Afghanistan.

Islam knows they can't compete on a financial and technological level, so they have to find other ways, and this is Jihad, it works. ISIS want the US in Syria and Iraq because it would allow them to fight on a more level playing field. They can't cope in the air, only on land. Which is why they can cause so many problems in Iraq and Syria.

To suggest all their own problems are their own making is merely to avoid the truth.

This doesn't mean they don't also cause their own problems which is the accusation I guess will be flung back, but stability is hard to come by when A) you know someone's breathing down your neck and B) you know your own country is never really going to be your own, if you try, you'll get invaded or see your leader toppled or whatever.

Everything that is happening in the Middle East was predicated when we pulled all our forces out. This is what happens when foreign policy is dictated by political people.

I'd say it was predicted, by some, including me, when the US went IN in 2003.

Everything that is happening in the Middle East was predicated when we pulled all our forces out. This is what happens when foreign policy is dictated by political people.

Fair enough maybe if we had not done a total troop withdrawal things would be better we will never know for sure.

Fair enough maybe if we had not done a total troop withdrawal things would be better we will never know for sure.

Only, if they had stayed, ISIS would be attacking them and hundreds more troops would be dead.

ISIS need US troops on the ground to be able to "win".

Only, if they had stayed, ISIS would be attacking them and hundreds more troops would be dead.

ISIS need US troops on the ground to be able to "win".
All speculation if U.S. troops had stayed its possible ISIS never goes into Iraq this to is speculation. It looks to me like they are doing a pretty good of winning with no U.S. troops on the ground.

All speculation if U.S. troops had stayed its possible ISIS never goes into Iraq this to is speculation. It looks to me like they are doing a pretty good of winning with no U.S. troops on the ground.

What? I don't understand your writing. Try grammar and punctuation. Really, you need to re-write this so it's understandable.

What? I don't understand your writing. Try grammar and punctuation. Really, you need to re-write this so it's understandable.
I highly doubt your having any trouble understanding it your previous response was speculation. I pointed out it was possible that if U.S. troops had stayed in Iraq it's possible ISIS never would have gone in and acknowledged that was speculation on my part. Finally you stated ISIS could not win without American troops on the ground I pointed out they seem to be doing that anyway.

Libya.

Iraq

"

"

In Iraq and Afghanistan the trail of destruction was already there. They were shit holes well before America intervened.

Forum List

Back