Subway says it plans to sue CBC for $210 million over chicken findings

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Well deserved, if CBC reported on this falsely. Unfortunately, CBC is nothing more than state run news complete with CSIS and RCMP operatives. Subway is in the right if they have been slandered by the Communist Broadcasting Corp.

Since I am fully aware of Canadian operatives entering U.S businesses and pushing unions on employees and undermining American businesses in an effort to provide an advantage to Canadian businesses, I have to wonder if this knock against Subways was meant to "protect" Mr. Submarine, a Canadian company I believe.

Maybe the lawsuit will sift this out...

Subway says it plans to sue CBC for $210 million over chicken findings | Toronto Star

Subway says it plans to sue the CBC over a Marketplace story claiming about half of the chicken in the popular restaurant chain’s chicken sandwiches is soy filler.

“We have issued a notice of action in Canada against the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation that asks for $210 million in damages over allegations made by its program, Marketplace, that are defamatory and absolutely false,” said Subway.

“Despite our efforts to share the facts with the CBC about the high quality of our chicken and to express our strong objections to their inaccurate claims, they have not issued a retraction, as we requested. Serving high-quality food to our customers is our top priority, and we are committed to seeing that this factually incorrect report is corrected.”

CBC confirmed receiving the notice of action, but said it has not been served with a statement of claim.

(A notice of action indicates an intention to sue, while filing a statement of claim amounts to suing.)

“If that happens, we intend to file a statement of defence,” said CBC public affairs manager Emma Bédard to the Star. “We believe our journalism to be sound and there is no evidence that we’ve seen that would lead us to change our position.”

Said Bédard: “It’s important to clarify that CBC has never made the claim that Subway alleges in their latest statement.

Forum List

Back