Study On Liberals and Ethics

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
So, Liberals are a study.

-Geaux
------------------

The trolley problem is that staple of moral psychology studies at dinner parties in which you ask someone to decide under what conditions it’s morally permissible to kill one person to save others.

Participants received one of two scenarios involving an individual who has to decide whether or not to throw a large man in the path of a trolley (described as large enough that he would stop the progress of the trolley) in order to prevent the trolley from killing 100 innocent individuals trapped in a bus.

Half of the participants received a version of the scenario where the agent could choose to sacrifice an individual named “Tyrone Payton” to save 100 members of the New York Philharmonic, and the other half received a version where the agent could choose to sacrifice “Chip Ellsworth III” to save 100 members of the Harlem Jazz Orchestra. In both scenarios the individual decides to throw the person onto the trolley tracks.

While we did not provide specific information about the race of the individuals in the scenario, we reasoned that Chip and Tyrone were stereotypically associated with White American and Black American individuals respectively, and that the New York Philharmonic would be assumed to be majority White, and the Harlem Jazz Orchestra would be assumed to be majority Black.

Specifically, liberals were more likely to endorse a consequentialist justification when the victim had a stereotypically White name than when the victim had a stereotypically Black name. More conservative
participants (1 SD above the mean) did not give reliably different endorsements of consequentialism across scenario versions.

http://journal.sjdm.org/9616/jdm9616.pdf

I agree. However, it is indeed refreshing to see it in print. Really drives home the importance.

-Geaux

Note that the unethical OP failed to include the following study demonstrating the lack of conservative ethics.

Study 3 found conservatives were more likely to endorse the unintended killing of innocent civilians when Iraqis civilians were killed than when Americans civilians were killed, while liberals showed no significant effect.

Note that the unethical OP failed to include the following study demonstrating the lack of conservative ethics.

Study 3 found conservatives were more likely to endorse the unintended killing of innocent civilians when Iraqis civilians were killed than when Americans civilians were killed, while liberals showed no significant effect.

Google "collateral damage"...it's part of war. Your argument is invalid

[QUOTE="NYcarbineer, post: 11362537, member: 18701"]The importance of what?[/QUOTE]

just what i thought, you are too stupid to understand the OP.., did you read it ? do you need help ? if so contact any Conservative first grader, i am certain any one of them can explain it to you. :up:

So, no loyalty to their fellow Americans?

That makes sense considering the way that libs so regularly ridicule the ideas of Patriotism, Nationalism, and even nations.

[QUOTE="NYcarbineer, post: 11362537, member: 18701"]The importance of what?

just what i thought, you are too stupid to understand the OP.., did you read it ? do you need help ? if so contact any Conservative first grader, i am certain any one of them can explain it to you. :up:[/QUOTE]

It would be murder to throw an innocent person in front a trolley, not matter what the rationale. So the only correct answer is no, I wouldn't throw anyone.

just what i thought, you are too stupid to understand the OP.., did you read it ? do you need help ? if so contact any Conservative first grader, i am certain any one of them can explain it to you. :up:

It would be murder to throw an innocent person in front a trolley, not matter what the rationale. So the only correct answer is no, I wouldn't throw anyone.[/QUOTE]

The individual answers to this question varies obviously.

This thread is about the differences between liberals and conservatives revealed by looked at their answers as a group.

It appears that race matters to liberals more than to conservatives.

It also appears that national loyalty does not.

'liberals' and Ethics?

That's a laugher.

With dimocraps, the issue is never the issue. The issue is the revolution.

Believe it or don't believe it. I don't give a fuck anymore.

But I do want to be around when this whole thing comes tumbling down and you can't figure out why.....

THAT is going to be funny

How To Explain The Baltimore Riots In One Sentence…

Screen-Shot-2015-05-08-at-10.21.05-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-08-at-10.21.27-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-08-at-10.21.47-PM.png

It would be murder to throw an innocent person in front a trolley, not matter what the rationale. So the only correct answer is no, I wouldn't throw anyone.

This thread is about the differences between liberals and conservatives revealed by looked at their answers as a group.

It also appears that national loyalty does not.[/QUOTE]

Show us in the study what the amount of variation was between the liberals and conservatives.

Oh, and btw, they based the liberal/conservative measurements by self-identification, which is an inaccurate measure.

Liberals were less likely to endorse the unnecessary slaughter of thousands of innocent civilians in the unnecessary invasion of Iraq.

Case closed.

Why would we care more about Iraqi civilians than our own people. I don't think anyone will deny that belief.

'liberals' and Ethics?

That's a laugher.

With dimocraps, the issue is never the issue. The issue is the revolution.

Believe it or don't believe it. I don't give a fuck anymore.

But I do want to be around when this whole thing comes tumbling down and you can't figure out why.....

THAT is going to be funny

How To Explain The Baltimore Riots In One Sentence…

Screen-Shot-2015-05-08-at-10.21.05-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-08-at-10.21.27-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-08-at-10.21.47-PM.png
Love the photo. Really shows the truth in all this racist nonsense.

It also appears that national loyalty does not.

Show us in the study what the amount of variation was between the liberals and conservatives.

Oh, and btw, they based the liberal/conservative measurements by self-identification, which is an inaccurate measure.[/QUOTE]

Why? Are you hoping the difference is small?

Self identification inaccurate?

LOL. Straw grasping.

Liberals were less likely to endorse the unnecessary slaughter of thousands of innocent civilians in the unnecessary invasion of Iraq.

Case closed.

So, trying to trump a scientific study with anecdotal evidence?

I thought you libs were supposed to be all science guys, while we cons were faith based hicks...LOL.

Forum List

Back