Obama's biggest mistake

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
I do not support Barack Obama and therefore didn't expect anything good from his presidency. There is one thing I was sure about though. I was sure a black president would be able to address racial issues in the US and finally solve them. For over 200 years America is being torn apart by ethnic conflicts, bigotry and misunderstanding. Black liberal president is a perfect candidate for this kind of change, yet he failed.

obama-race.jpg

Whether a person agrees or disagrees with him on any given issue (and some of us fall on both ends of that one), it was very easy to predict this.

We're already seeing Hillary leveraging the same strategy. Soon we'll hear that those who disagree with her on something just hate women.

This stuff causes us damage because it accomplishes its goal of diverting from discussing the underlying issue & criticism into something else.

Last edited:
More bullshit.

The fact that those who have an issue with race felt the need to express themselves with greater vitriol and louder cries after his election....is not an indictment of President Obama's efforts regarding race relations.

Before this man ever became known to anyone.....tens of millions of white Americans.....myself included....needed no guidance when it came to how we deal with those of different races. That the OP needs such guidance is his problem.

It is not up to the POTUS or any public figure to reverse the years of ignorance that led the OP to struggle with issues of race. Only self evaluation and self improvement can do that. Racism is taught and learned at an early age. Blame your parents.

I do not support Barack Obama and therefore didn't expect anything good from his presidency. There is one thing I was sure about though. I was sure a black president would be able to address racial issues in the US and finally solve them. For over 200 years America is being torn apart by ethnic conflicts, bigotry and misunderstanding. Black liberal president is a perfect candidate for this kind of change, yet he failed.

obama-race.jpg
Mr. Obama can not, and has not solved any of our problems. The race issues in America are far from being "The Issues" that need addressing and solved. We have bigger fish to fry than racism. Besides, a lot of the race issues can be addressed and solved by communities and local governments. The main issues with race relations are those centered around crime, drug and alcohol addiction, single parent families, education, and unemployment. The perception that minorities are content with their lot in live, is fuel for racism, and serves as an injustice to those considered non-white.

Mr. Obama is doing exactly what presidents do, and have done in the past. He is trying to go it alone instead of asking the American people to stand with him against Congress. How many times has he lead the people to the steps of the Capitol and called Congress out into the street? How many times has he organized marches and protests to bring the general public together, in order to shame Congress for such issues as campaign finance reform, failure to address the injustices in the judicial system, foreign trade, the ill treatment of our Vets, our rundown infrastructure, poverty, homelessness, and other social and economic woes presently adversely affecting this nation?

Mr. Obama's biggest mistake was not taking advantage of the tremendous opportunities he had when first elected. He won by the largest margin in history, yet he failed to use the power of the people to bring about much needed change. He had the approval and support of people, yet ignored it and tried to go it alone. That was, and is, his biggest mistake by far. When first elected, the people would have stood with him on any issue, marched and protested if necessary, in order to bring about positive and meaningful change. He wasted an opportunity afforded very few leaders.

obama-race.jpg

BO received many votes from white voters, merely because he is black. I bet these votes far exceeded those who voted against him because of his race.

Many whites voted for him because they thought he would improve race relations...the opposite has resulted.

obama-race.jpg
Mr. Obama can not, and has not solved any of our problems. The race issues in America are far from being "The Issues" that need addressing and solved. We have bigger fish to fry than racism. Besides, a lot of the race issues can be addressed and solved by communities and local governments. The main issues with race relations are those centered around crime, drug and alcohol addiction, single parent families, education, and unemployment. The perception that minorities are content with their lot in live, is fuel for racism, and serves as an injustice to those considered non-white.

Mr. Obama is doing exactly what presidents do, and have done in the past. He is trying to go it alone instead of asking the American people to stand with him against Congress. How many times has he lead the people to the steps of the Capitol and called Congress out into the street? How many times has he organized marches and protests to bring the general public together, in order to shame Congress for such issues as campaign finance reform, failure to address the injustices in the judicial system, foreign trade, the ill treatment of our Vets, our rundown infrastructure, poverty, homelessness, and other social and economic woes presently adversely affecting this nation?

Mr. Obama's biggest mistake was not taking advantage of the tremendous opportunities he had when first elected. He won by the largest margin in history, yet he failed to use the power of the people to bring about much needed change. He had the approval and support of people, yet ignored it and tried to go it alone. That was, and is, his biggest mistake by far. When first elected, the people would have stood with him on any issue, marched and protested if necessary, in order to bring about positive and meaningful change. He wasted an opportunity afforded very few leaders.

His ego won't allow him to ask for "help" from anyone, let alone Congress.

He is a crap President, worse than Bush who was bad....evidence?

93 million not participating in the work force.
Billions and Billions and Billions of dollars going straight into the pockets of those he claims to hate, "1%".
Monetizing his own debt
War in Syria.
War in Libya.
War in Iraq (Isis is HIS war)....and on and on....
Egypt teetering on the brink of chaos.
Iran running amok everywhere in the Middle Eat.

As an Obama supporter and voter, I NEVER expected him to solve the underlying racism that still exists.....It is way beyond any president's capability to change the "hearts" of many who were born in the post WWII era......it will take a couple more generations to finally erase this major flaw within our divided citizenry.

A testament to this recalcitrant racism that exists, may indeed be the REASON why so many hate Obama (but find other terms beside race in expressing the hatred.) The "birther" movement is a perfect example.

As an Obama supporter and voter, I NEVER expected him to solve the underlying racism that still exists.....It is way beyond any president's capability to change the "hearts" of many who were born in the post WWII era......it will take a couple more generations to finally erase this major flaw within our divided citizenry.

A testament to this recalcitrant racism that exists, may indeed be the REASON why so many hate Obama (but find other terms beside race in expressing the hatred.) The "birther" movement is a perfect example.

He could have improved the situation, instead he made it worse. Thats the point.

The birth cert issue would have been just as serious if obama was white. notice that the libs are already working that angle on Cruz? It has nothing to do with race, unless you think hispanic is a race????????????

Look at this issue in a different way for a just a minute ...Can you imagine the uproar HAD Obama made race on of the main platform and issues of his administration? Look at the backlash that was voiced whenever Obama "dared" to directly comment on violent police-minorities' interactions.

He could have improved the situation, instead he made it worse. Thats the point.

Really???? REALLY??? Yep, Obama "made it worse" precisely because he's half-black.

Can you come up with ANY suggestions as to how you'd change the mind of an individual (and he is NOT alone) such as this?????

upload_2015-5-9_7-26-51.png

More bullshit.

The fact that those who have an issue with race felt the need to express themselves with greater vitriol and louder cries after his election....is not an indictment of President Obama's efforts regarding race relations.

Before this man ever became known to anyone.....tens of millions of white Americans.....myself included....needed no guidance when it came to how we deal with those of different races. That the OP needs such guidance is his problem.

It is not up to the POTUS or any public figure to reverse the years of ignorance that led the OP to struggle with issues of race. Only self evaluation and self improvement can do that. Racism is taught and learned at an early age. Blame your parents.

It is up to the POTUS to decide which course the country is going in general. Racism is not an exception. According to your logic he is not responsible for anything that's happening to the US lately. What for do we need the president if not for this?
That's funny how you blame me for being racist while I actually try to address the issue from the opposite side.

We found out where Obama was on race after the professor Gates incident when he was asked about it and without knowing any of the details about the incident stated the police acted stupidly.

We found out where Obama was on race after the professor Gates incident when he was asked about it and without knowing any of the details about the incident stated the police acted stupidly.

"perfect' response to the O/P...whether the above poster realizes it or not (probably not.)

HUGE, :bsflag:

Look at this issue in a different way for a just a minute ...Can you imagine the uproar HAD Obama made race on of the main platform and issues of his administration? Look at the backlash that was voiced whenever Obama "dared" to directly comment on violent police-minorities' interactions.

look at it this way: "we need to spread the wealth around"

the position he took on the police-minorities issues was wrong based on the facts of the cases. He took a racist position before knowing (or caring) about what actually happened.

obama-race.jpg

I cannot but agree to your passage regarding wasted opportunities. He failed to introduce change, real change, when it was desired. I am not talking about gay marriages, women's rights and minorities' issues. Changing people's attitude towards the government - that's what we need and still need.

Forum List

Back