Study Indicates HOMOSEXUAL ACTS Shorten Lifespan

Mariner said:
officially removed homosexuality from its list of mental illnesses and treatable conditions a long time ago. There have been plenty of studies showing that "treatment" is ineffective, and at present only a subset of fundamentalist Christian counselors even try. The other several million therapists in the U.S. would disagree wtih you.

Mariner.

The APA removed it under financial and social pressure to do so from the HLCP leadership. There are hundred of groups formed all over the USA of recovering HLCP's. It is proven that psychological treatment is effective, the HLCP's don't want that out and will surpress it at all costs.

Mariner said:
Pale Rider, which certainly document the extent of change within the medical profession, which mirrors the change within society. Notice how there were no controlled studies in the list. That's because there has been none showing that homosexuality is "treatable," while there have been many showing that it is not.

The younger generation of psychiatrists (and physicians in general) would completely disagree with these quotes, and find them an embarrassing chapter in the history of the business. I know this because I teach residents and fellows in my work. And I also know enough older psychiatrists (including psychoanalysts) to say that most have disavowed their previously beliefs on this subject as it has become increasingly clear that you can't change whom someone is sexually attracted to, and that the only impediment to living a fulfilled life as a gay person is others' homophobia.

Mariner.

In other words i'm going to close my eyes and bury my head in the sand because these studies do not support my position.....how typically liberal.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Mariner said:
Pale Rider, which certainly document the extent of change within the medical profession, which mirrors the change within society. Notice how there were no controlled studies in the list. That's because there has been none showing that homosexuality is "treatable," while there have been many showing that it is not.

The younger generation of psychiatrists (and physicians in general) would completely disagree with these quotes, and find them an embarrassing chapter in the history of the business. I know this because I teach residents and fellows in my work. And I also know enough older psychiatrists (including psychoanalysts) to say that most have disavowed their previously beliefs on this subject as it has become increasingly clear that you can't change whom someone is sexually attracted to, and that the only impediment to living a fulfilled life as a gay person is others' homophobia.

Mariner.

This WHOLE LAST STATEMENT by you Mariner is pure, unadulterated, bull shit, and a cop out.

Homosexuality IS treatable. There is an impressive recovery percentage for those who DO seek treatment for this embarrasing and perverted mental illness.

You only hinder progress in the direction of treatment for those who wish to be treated. You're a loud voice and advocate of the perverse and deviant behavior of the homosexual choice crowd. You're just the type of person they're looking for. However, the vast majority of Americans, and the population in general, dissagree with you.

You're entitled to think and believe as you wish. But don't come in here and try and pump us full of your "queers can't help it, and we can't help them" bull shit. I don't buy it, and OBVIOUSLY, the others don't here as well.

Mariner said:
And I also know enough older psychiatrists (including psychoanalysts) to say that most have disavowed their previously beliefs on this subject as it has become increasingly clear that you can't change whom someone is sexually attracted to, and that the only impediment to living a fulfilled life as a gay person is others' homophobia.

Mariner.

This is incorrect especially when you have men leaving their wives for other men. I mean they where sexually attracted to them and could certainly have kids with them. Or do you and others just fuck for shits and giggles? I dont know of many men who can get an erection with out SOME sort of a remote attraction....So if they were attracted to females.......

Mariner... when you get to the point where you're arguing whether or not homosexuality is an "illness", I'm not sure the discussion is still worth having at all.

Saying it's a cop out doesn't make it so. Take a look at all the studies which support my position--and talk to a few psychiatrists yourself. I know dozens of them, including quite a few "bigwigs," and I know many young trainees as well as older psychoanalysts. (There are more psychiatrists in one block of West Cambridge than in the entire state of Wyoming.) I've known exactly one psychiatrist who took your position--and maybe he's now changed his mind based on the research.

Why not get over trying to fix or change other people who are not hurting you in any way? How would you feel if someone felt that you needed fixing, and aimed the kind of animosity at you that you aim towards gays?

Mariner

P.S. NE--yes, this has been an extended experiment in seeing whether an argument on this subject can actually progress.

Mariner said:
Why not get over trying to fix or change other people who are not hurting you in any way? How would you feel if someone felt that you needed fixing, and aimed the kind of animosity at you that you aim towards gays?

If I was involved in acts that were vile, disgusting and abnormal & 3/4 of the nation were against such acts - I would expect some animosity. I believe homosexuality is bad for society and therefore bad for me.

Nobody was trying to "fix" anyone until the queers started trying to ram this marriage thing down our throats. I may not be able to fix the queers, but I can keep them from thinking they are like me and getting married when I vote in a NY minute against same sex marriages.

Mariner:

"There are more psychiatrists in one block of West Cambridge than in the entire state of Wyoming".

I just think that statement bears repeating.

isn't it. When I lived in West Cambridge, my neighbors included Supreme Court justice Stephen Breyer (3 doors up), the woman who coined the term "domestic violence" (across the street), Rockefellers (several doors up, where the houses got bigger), Yo Yo Ma (another big house), film-makers, one of the pre-eminent architects in the country, an investment banker, a symphony orchestra conductor... and within a mile of my house, I knew the homes of at least 30 psychiatrists. As I recall, Wyoming has 11 psychiatrists.

But hey, it seems to work: 15,500 of the 112,000 jobs created nationwide this month were created right here in Massachusetts.

Mariner.

Mariner said:

And that's EXACTLY what all you bleeding heart liberal, perverted lifestyle supporters would LIKE us to do. "GET OVER IT". In other words, let the queers have their way.

Well mariner, fuck you and the liberal jackass you rode in on into this conversation. The conservative figure head is an "elephant", known for it's strength. You'll NEVER get me to "get over" ANYTHING when it comes to men fucking each other up the ass. It's a vile, disgusting, perverted, deviant, behavior, and it SHOULD NOT be pushed on good, upstanding, NORMAL people. "WE" don't like it, and "WE" don't need you sons a bitches telling us to "GET OVER IT".

How about this... "YOU" GET OVER the fact that "I'M" a heterosexual, and have NORMAL reactions to the thought of homosexual sex?

For someone touting themselves as educated and brushing elbows with high society, you sure are dumb.

I know this belongs on another thread, but the economy just posted its worst quarter since 2002. The normal job creation rate is around 150K jobs per year, so last month's 112 is low. During Clinton's years we created over 200K per month, which Bush has done only once or twice. Face it, supply side doesn't work. Every single Bush prediction about the economy has turned out to be laughably inaccurate. Time to return from Oz to Kansas, from supply-side fantasyland to economic reality. The Emperor has no clothes.

Pale Rider: I give up--but thanks for explaining your point of view.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
I know this belongs on another thread, but the economy just posted its worst quarter since 2002. The normal job creation rate is around 150K jobs per year, so last month's 112 is low. During Clinton's years we created over 200K per month, which Bush has done only once or twice. Face it, supply side doesn't work. Every single Bush prediction about the economy has turned out to be laughably inaccurate. Time to return from Oz to Kansas, from supply-side fantasyland to economic reality. The Emperor has no clothes.

Pale Rider: I give up--but thanks for explaining your point of view.

Mariner.

Well, perhaps we'll run into one another on another thread, and you can tell me what - in your view - economic reality IS.

That would be an interesting conversation.

musicman said:
Well, perhaps we'll run into one another on another thread, and you can tell me what - in your view - economic reality IS.

That would be an interesting conversation.

Hehe. Challenge him to a duel!! :firing:

The American Psychiatric Association
officially removed homosexuality from its list of mental illnesses and treatable conditions a long time ago. There have been plenty of studies showing that "treatment" is ineffective, and at present only a subset of fundamentalist Christian counselors even try. The other several million therapists in the U.S. would disagree wtih you.

Mariner.

The information of the treatability is available, it is suppressed by the MSM and homo lobby. The percentage of homos is brutally inflated. Ultra-liberal media is not good for you or me.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
[QUOTE='ol Perfessor]The information of the treatability is available, it is suppressed by the MSM and homo lobby.[/QUOTE]

Well, that and legitimate medical science.

Wrong again, follow the money.

Ah... The irony. A bit paranoid are we?

But, let's just dismiss legitimate science as a massive conspiracy which would require thousands of doctors' cooperation as well as psychiatrists... And virtually every medical school...

I don't suppose you are familiar with the concept of Occam's Razor are you?

Forum List

Back