Students create knew self defense tool, or, they could just buy a gun....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I found this at the Gun Feed and the link stated "Or you could just buy a gun." These students are making plastic knuckles, as opposed to "Brass Knuckles," as a "new" tool for self defense. They were motivated by a student who was stabbed to death. From years of martial arts experience....you do not want to engage in hand to hand combat against someone who has a knife....and plastic knuckles are not even close to a tool you would want to use.....

A gun is your best option

A long club is your next best option.

A knife is your last best option.

Empty hands is simply crazy unless there is absolutely no other way to escape or fight back....

Aren't "Brass Knuckels" illegal, and if so....wouldn't these be illegal as well?

UT students create device that packs a punch in tackling campus safety

"Personally, I have felt unsafe walking home from campus, especially at night," said Senior and engineering student Sydney Marvin.

It is a feeling these students say crept up on them following the murder of a UT student in 2016. Haruka Weiser, 18, was walking at night when she was killed by Meechaiel Criner.

"And that was when we were applying to UT," said senior Margy McCallum, "And I remember coming into UT and you know, just feeling that fear."
-------

That project became "Pocket Punch." It is a four-in-one tool that includes a flashlight, alarm, pepper spray and durable plastic knuckles all in one. They are now working on making that product available for students to buy.

Here we go....

While these students have been working on the device for a couple of semesters, legally, they had to wait until after September 1 to start building a model they could sell. The state of Texas legalized the use of "knuckles" as a safety device in the last legislative session.

If you are going to carry "knuckles," I would suggest metal ones so you can crush the bones of anyone attacking you....rather than "plastic knuckles," that will get a giggle from the guy who kills you....

I found this at the Gun Feed and the link stated "Or you could just buy a gun." These students are making plastic knuckles, as opposed to "Brass Knuckles," as a "new" tool for self defense. They were motivated by a student who was stabbed to death. From years of martial arts experience....you do not want to engage in hand to hand combat against someone who has a knife....and plastic knuckles are not even close to a tool you would want to use.....

Empty hands is simply crazy unless there is absolutely no other way to escape or fight back....

Aren't "Brass Knuckels" illegal, and if so....wouldn't these be illegal as well?

"Personally, I have felt unsafe walking home from campus, especially at night," said Senior and engineering student Sydney Marvin.

It is a feeling these students say crept up on them following the murder of a UT student in 2016. Haruka Weiser, 18, was walking at night when she was killed by Meechaiel Criner.

"And that was when we were applying to UT," said senior Margy McCallum, "And I remember coming into UT and you know, just feeling that fear."
-------

That project became "Pocket Punch." It is a four-in-one tool that includes a flashlight, alarm, pepper spray and durable plastic knuckles all in one. They are now working on making that product available for students to buy.

first you have to teach them NOT TO BE PUSSY enough to " make a fist" then you have to teach the trendy leftist idiots to NOT DROP to the ground like the pussies they are but to STAND and actually punch the rapist/attacker.

No lets do like one school taught their kids grab a can of soup or a rock that'll save yall lmfao!!

-------

Personally I would add a cane. That can be used like a club and it looks legitimate.
Another is a nunchaku. It can be worn almost invisibly.
Lastly, a ball and chain. you can do amazing things with this if you are practiced. Whipping, choking, striking. A little like a nunchaku.

-------

Personally I would add a cane. That can be used like a club and it looks legitimate.
Lastly, a ball and chain. you can do amazing things with this if you are practiced. Whipping, choking, striking. A little like a nunchaku.

There was a guy recently who used an actual Battle Axe against a home invader. My only thought would be that the mess it creates would require too much clean up.....

-------

first you have to teach them NOT TO BE PUSSY enough to " make a fist" then you have to teach the trendy leftist idiots to NOT DROP to the ground like the pussies they are but to STAND and actually punch the rapist/attacker.

No lets do like one school taught their kids grab a can of soup or a rock that'll save yall lmfao!!
de-pussification.jpg

Maybe it's a better idea to tell somebody when a fellow student is acting peculiar. Surely somebody was aware that this 15 year old kid had mental problems.

-------

:lol:

Forum List

Back