Students Cheat On Exam And It's Bush's Fault!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by red states rule, May 10, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Bush derangement syndrome strikes again. The Indianapolis Star reports that students of the U of Indiana's Dentistry class have been caught in a massive cheating scandal. Naturally, it's all Bush's fault according to one of the so-called experts the paper interviewed for the article.

Cheating scandal snares nearly half of IU dental class
    Students cracked password to see test items early

Nearly half the students in the Indiana University School of Dentistry's second-year class have been disciplined for their roles in a cheating scandal in which students broke into password-protected files to view exam material before tests.

The school's Faculty Council voted Friday to dismiss nine of the students, suspend 16 for periods ranging from three to 24 months and issue letters of reprimand to 21 students for violating the school's professional conduct code. The class has 95 students.

Academic integrity experts say dental students, who spend four years in school, are no different from others when it comes to honesty.
    "I see this as being a widespread problem, not just in dentistry," said Dr. Anne Koerber, an associate professor of dentistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago who has written about the ethics of dental education.
    "When you have persons in high places who clearly lie about what's happening with weapons of mass destruction, or CEOs who lie about where the money is going, I think the general public gets the idea that anything that makes money is what's right."
    Tim Dodd, executive director for Duke University's Center for Academic Integrity, said it's not necessarily that students today cheat more, just that there's less tolerance for such dishonesty

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070508/LOCAL18/705080400/-1/LOCAL17

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Comical and sad at the same time. I guess the title "Doctor" does not necessarily mean "integrity" (either when talking about the future graduates or the supposed experts quoted.)

3. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    To some, Bush is to blame for anything and everything that happens

This "Dr" is one of those people

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,020
    I wonder why they didn't mention lying under oath by a person in high office.... ohh ya I forgot, that was ok cause it was just about sex.

And of course the claim that Bush lied is ridiculous, any sane person that isn't playing politics knows it simply isn't true. I am still waiting for anyone on this board to provide any real evidence that Bush lied about anything. Well other than " we all know it where I live".

For those unaware the pattern is as follows for Liberals.... make a claim... get asked for proof... provide no proof.... retreat from discussion... make the claim later or in another thread... rinse repeat. The idea I assume is that they think if they repeat the same tired old lie over and over enough some people will begin to believe it just because they have seen it so many times.

5. liberalogic

liberalogic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Ok, to be fair, it's people like this who give liberals a bad name. I guess she's unfamiliar with the word "responsibility."

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,020
    Well to be fair, Liberals are never "responsible" and have spent years convincing their followers that it is never their fault, something or someone else is always to blame.

7. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    To be fair, RGS, I have been listening to "it's all the liberals fault" since the election of 1992 and even back to the withdrawal of the troops in Viet Nam starting in 1972 by Richard M. Nixon..

Your argument is tired, worn out, proven to be lies and nothing else and besides the fact that it sucks on it's intellectual premise.

8. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

Libs blame Pres Bush for nearly everything that goes wrong

However, liberalism has been proven to be a total failure