Student refuses to leave room on teacher's order, so police officer physically enforces the order

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Children are not in charge. Adults are in charge. End of story.

"Lott had earlier told News19 that the student refused to leave after a teacher asked her to. An administrator was called to the room, and also asked the student to leave, Lott said, and she refused again. Finally, the school resource officer came to the room. Lott said the officer forcibly removed the student."

Sheriff Asks FBI, Justice Dept. to Investigate at Spring Valley

Disturbing video shows school cop body slam and drag a black female student

And? What happens when you refuse to comply, or resist a lawful order.

Police aren't your Mom and Dad you have wrapped around your pinky. Your clique and 'popular kid' status ends when you're standing tall before the man.

Coulda been worse. ;)

Used to be that cops could not and did not attack with excessive force. Inexcusable and indefensible.

If she were white, it would not happened and the RWs would not be defending the cop.

I hope she and family sue the police and the school for excessive force.

The student was a black female.

Jessie and Al will be along shortly with TV camera's in tow shouting racism and Jim Crow.

And of course the girl's parents will sue and win the negro lottery. ..... :cool:

• Banned
LN, you are full of nonsense.

If the student had been white and the circumstances were the same, the officer would have acted the same way.

Children are not in charge.

• Banned
Many millennials and younger folks have the false sense of entitlement exceptionalism, that the rules of society do not apply to them. So they are in for the smack down every time they come into conflict with that fact.

Used to be that cops could not and did not attack with excessive force. Inexcusable and indefensible.

If she were white, it would not happened and the RWs would not be defending the cop.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

If that were true, white people would riot when a cop shots a white person.
If fact in SLC a black cop did shoot a white kid and nothing happened in one of the most "conservative" cities in AmeriKa

If that were true, white people would riot when a cop shots a white person. If fact in SLC a black cop did shoot a white kid and nothing happened in one of the most "conservative" cities in AmeriKa
Utah cops are equal opporunity: don't matter if you are white, black, or brown. They will shoot you dead if you mess with them.

Is a force-continum. They don't skip several steps and start with physical force. If you refuse the teacher's order, an officer arrives and you refuse their's, physical come-along is justified, resist that you're going to the deck. No one's fault but your own.

Had a teacher friend who had a boy in her class who not only was disruptive, put his hands on other students...she told him to leave, he refused...the principal came in, he refused to leave, the parents couldn't be contacted (they were known for being sue-happy and were as wacko as the kid)...they had to eventually remove the entire class from the room and teach outside until the cops could be called and lead him away in handcuffs. It blew my mind how that kind of thing can be allowed to happen.

If that were true, white people would riot when a cop shots a white person. If fact in SLC a black cop did shoot a white kid and nothing happened in one of the most "conservative" cities in AmeriKa
Utah cops are equal opporunity: don't matter if you are white, black, or brown. They will shoot you dead if you mess with them.
why don't you do us all a favor and wear a shirt that says equal opportunity on it.

Had a teacher friend who had a boy in her class who not only was disruptive, put his hands on other students...she told him to leave, he refused...the principal came in, he refused to leave, the parents couldn't be contacted (they were known for being sue-happy and were as wacko as the kid)...they had to eventually remove the entire class from the room and teach outside until the cops could be called and lead him away in handcuffs. It blew my mind how that kind of thing can be allowed to happen.

Seems to have been handled as best as it could have been.

If the student had been white and the circumstances were the same, the officer would have acted the same way.

In this case, as well as the case bodcea describes, neither are the adults.

She's lucky the cop didn't shoot her.

why don't you do us all a favor and wear a shirt that says equal opportunity on it.
Why? My point is that race does not enter into the equation with the SLC cops. They will enforce the law as needed. Do you think they should make distinctions based on race? I don't.

In this case, as well as the case bodcea describes, neither are the adults.

She's lucky the cop didn't shoot her.
The officer acted appropriately. The video shows clearly that she resisted when he put his hands on her shoulder to remove her from the chair. At the point, the cop had the legal (and moral obligation to the class and teacher) need to remove her with the least force necessary from the classroom.

He acted in an exemplary manner.

Children are not in charge. Adults are in charge. End of story.

"Lott had earlier told News19 that the student refused to leave after a teacher asked her to. An administrator was called to the room, and also asked the student to leave, Lott said, and she refused again. Finally, the school resource officer came to the room. Lott said the officer forcibly removed the student."

Sheriff Asks FBI, Justice Dept. to Investigate at Spring Valley

Disturbing video shows school cop body slam and drag a black female student
If she was not hurt by the cop then I'm glad he did what he did. Hope she and all the other kids in her class learned a lesson.

And I hope the lesson isn't that a cop gets fired when a kid acts like an asshole.

The officer acted appropriately. The video shows clearly that she resisted when he put his hands on her shoulder to remove her from the chair. At the point, the cop had the legal (and moral obligation to the class and teacher) need to remove her with the least force necessary from the classroom.

He acted in an exemplary manner.
If a man that size is not capable of employing a much less violent method of constraining and removing a comparatively tiny female he does not belong in that job. What he did was attack in the manner of a professional wrestler.

Please understand I am not saying the little bitch didn't deserve every bit of what happened. But there is an important protocol that must be observed in the interest of preserving the standards of a civilized society.

This circumstance is analogous to the fact that some criminal types deserve to be shot down on sight like mad dogs in the street by police whether necessary or not. But there are obvious reasons why such conduct cannot be tolerated.

Babying the little darlings is what has caused the problems.

The Declining Mental Health of Millennials: Is Depression the New Normal?
hDCFAECF9

Forum List

Back