Stranded man shot by plainclothed cop in unmarked car.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
I don't know why this isn't national news, the victim was black. Perhaps because the cop isn't white I suppose.

In case you don't care to read the link, basically a plain-clothed cop in an unmarked vehicle, spotted a vehicle on the side of the road and decided to investigate. He discovered that it wasn't empty, and now a man is dead. The driver had a gun on him and may have approached the cop with the gun, not knowing who he was.

I know that as a CCW holder, at 3am if I was stranded, I'd be a lot concerned. I don't know if I would have my gun out, but I would be close.

Plainclothes cop in unmarked car Nouman Raja shot stranded driver Corey Jones

Last edited:
So the cop is guilty until proven innocent? Could be the guy in the car did pop out with a gun. Suspecting the cop didn't identify himself is just an opinion.

I don't know why this isn't national news, the victim was black. Perhaps because the cop isn't white I suppose.

In case you don't care to read the link, basically a plain-clothed cop in an unmarked vehicle, spotted a vehicle on the side of the road and decided to investigate. He discovered that it wasn't empty, and now a man is dead. The driver had a gun on him and may have approached the cop with the gun, not knowing who he was.

I know that as a CCW holder, at 3am if I was stranded, I'd be a lot concerned. I don't know if I would have my gun out, but I would be close.

accident out in the field-----like friendly fire------tragic but it happens

accident out in the field-----like friendly fire------tragic but it happens

Wonder where Al Sharpton is. Wonder why no media coverage outside of Florida? Why no interest here? Is it because the cop isn't a white man?

Florida Police Officer Fired in Fatal Shooting
Nov 13, 2015 -- Palm Beach Gardens police fired officer Nouman Raja nearly a month after he shot and killed Corey Jones on a highway off ramp.
Raja, who joined the department in April, was in a one-year probationary period set to end July 2016. His employment was terminated at 5 p.m. Wednesday, city officials say. Under police union guidelines adopted by the city, officers can be fired during the probationary period without the option of filing a grievance. Raja has been on paid administrative leave since Oct. 18 shooting, when he shot and killed Jones after pulling up to his disabled SUV in an unmarked van.

City Manager Ron Ferris and Police Chief Stephen Stepp made the decision to terminate Raja, Vice Mayor David Levy said. Levy was informed Wednesday by Ferris, who said he felt it was in the best interest of the city, Levy said. He didn't give a reason why. "I will support his decision, along with the police chief's," Levy said.

floridashooting.562b82770fb39.jpg

Corey Jones, left, and Detective Nouman Raja​

Police Benevolent Association President John Kazanjian said Stepp and the assistant police chief went to Raja's house this morning and told him he was being fired. They didn't give a reason and didn't have to, Kazanjian said. "When you're on probation, they just say, 'Sorry big guy, you didn't meet your probation,'" he said.

Stepp's decision was disappointing, Kazanjian said, because three days after the shooting, Stepp made it sound like he would wait for an investigation to be finished before making a decision on Raja's employment. "I'm just so disappointed," Kazanjian said. Raja took the news hard, he said. "Never mind killing someone and having to use deadly force," Kazanjian said. "Now losing his job, his whole world is coming apart."

Despite the firing, he said the union lawyers would continue to represent Raja. Although officers who are fired while on probation have little recourse, the union is exploring its options, he said. The timing of Raja's termination raised questions Thursday from Jones' older brother, Clinton "C.J." Jones Jr. "They must know something isn't right, or they had to find out something," Jones said. Even if it wasn't a surprise move, Jones called the officer's firing "a step in the right direction" in his quest for justice in his brother's death. "We just want the truth right now," Jones said. "However it turns out, we just want to know what happened."

MORE

Why people that are fucking retards shouldn't have CCW permits. His first thought was "threat" not "oh someone nice is helping me out."

I don't know, but I do know that there is a problem with cops (not all of them) these days. Not sure if it is tied directly to their leadership or their lack of leadership, but there is definitely a problem going on.

These young cops seem to have very little respect for the citizens or it is that they are trained that way or they are hired that way or what it is that has been going on. Whatever it is, well it ain't working.

Law and order being tied to corrupt policies and quotas is creating a law enforcement that is also corrupt when dealing with the public.

I have recently heard stories from family members that just raise a person's eyebrows as to how the citizens are being treated and viewed by this generation of cops, and it ain:'t good.

One case involved an officer charging a man for rolling past a privately owned stop sign, but then writing the sign up as being an official sign even though it wasn't maintained, regulated or even on state property. Now how does the police justify going out of their jurisdiction to write a man a 4 point ticket for failure to yield to a privately owned stop sign if that man was not involved in causing any disruption or hinderence to the flow of traffic that would be within the jurisdiction of the state if such a thing would have happened, but it didn't ? How does the police make bad judgements or judgement calls against the citizens, get nasty about it, and then out of pride use the state power to crush any opposition to hide such abuse when it takes place?

The next story is an officer stops a vehicle that decides to take the median on down to make a left turn that is wide open as the other traffic waits upon the train that has them at a complete stand still. The officer gives the occupant a 4 point ticket and a fine of $155.00 dollars for doing something that happens at the location everytime the train comes through that area.

This stuff is then backed up by their peers who will treat the citizens like pure trash if an officer is challenged about his judgement and character used in a traffic stop.

It's as if these officers are loosed on the public without any scrutiny by their peers, therefore leading to the very things these officers are getting away with out there.

Why do officers not use the system they have been given them in fairness which should be administered in these ways? 1. A citizen is stopped for what is percieved to be a possible violation. After meeting with the citizen and properly doing a record check, the officer see's that the citizens record is clean for years. The officer then takes the record and all that is involved to determine either a warning or a ticket to be involved next. The problem is, is that these officers are not using the system of fairness and/or the tools at their disposal, but instead they are focused on quotas or their own system of judgement based upon their own biases involved. Where are the red flags that get these officers put on the hot seat when their command see's that they have possibly served up to harsh a judgement on a citizen as based upon the citizens record and the actual situation that was involved ? Ignoring these things are what is corrupting these police forces, and is allowing officers to abuse the citizens with impunity. It should stop.

I know an elderly woman who was yelled at and treated like a severe threat by an officer who stopped her to give her a seat belt violation. Kidding me right? She pulled over at a store parking lot, and because she was elderly and didn't obey the officers aggressive commands, he began hollering at her and treating her as if she was a huge criminal or something. It scared the poor lady almost to death.

There are problems, but for some reason they are not being dealt with by the commanding officers of these precincts. I feel for the good cops who do a great job out there, because they are being caught up in the stereo typing in which the bad ones are putting on them too.

Why not clean this mess up or is there sympothy for the devils to co-exist among the flock for some reason ?

I don't know, but I do know that there is a problem with cops (not all of them) these days. Not sure if it is tied directly to their leadership or their lack of leadership, but there is definitely a problem going on.

These young cops seem to have very little respect for the citizens or it is that they are trained that way or they are hired that way or what it is that has been going on. Whatever it is, well it ain't working.

Law and order being tied to corrupt policies and quotas is creating a law enforcement that is also corrupt when dealing with the public.

I have recently heard stories from family members that just raise a person's eyebrows as to how the citizens are being treated and viewed by this generation of cops, and it ain:'t good.

One case involved an officer charging a man for rolling past a privately owned stop sign, but then writing the sign up as being an official sign even though it wasn't maintained, regulated or even on state property. Now how does the police justify going out of their jurisdiction to write a man a 4 point ticket for failure to yield to a privately owned stop sign if that man was not involved in causing any disruption or hinderence to the flow of traffic that would be within the jurisdiction of the state if such a thing would have happened, but it didn't ? How does the police make bad judgements or judgement calls against the citizens, get nasty about it, and then out of pride use the state power to crush any opposition to hide such abuse when it takes place?

The next story is an officer stops a vehicle that decides to take the median on down to make a left turn that is wide open as the other traffic waits upon the train that has them at a complete stand still. The officer gives the occupant a 4 point ticket and a fine of $155.00 dollars for doing something that happens at the location everytime the train comes through that area.

This stuff is then backed up by their peers who will treat the citizens like pure trash if an officer is challenged about his judgement and character used in a traffic stop.

It's as if these officers are loosed on the public without any scrutiny by their peers, therefore leading to the very things these officers are getting away with out there.

Why do officers not use the system they have been given them in fairness which should be administered in these ways? 1. A citizen is stopped for what is percieved to be a possible violation. After meeting with the citizen and properly doing a record check, the officer see's that the citizens record is clean for years. The officer then takes the record and all that is involved to determine either a warning or a ticket to be involved next. The problem is, is that these officers are not using the system of fairness and/or the tools at their disposal, but instead they are focused on quotas or their own system of judgement based upon their own biases involved. Where are the red flags that get these officers put on the hot seat when their command see's that they have possibly served up to harsh a judgement on a citizen as based upon the citizens record and the actual situation that was involved ? Ignoring these things are what is corrupting these police forces, and is allowing officers to abuse the citizens with impunity. It should stop.

I know an elderly woman who was yelled at and treated like a severe threat by an officer who stopped her to give her a seat belt violation. Kidding me right? She pulled over at a store parking lot, and because she was elderly and didn't obey the officers aggressive commands, he began hollering at her and treating her as if she was a huge criminal or something. It scared the poor lady almost to death.

There are problems, but for some reason they are not being dealt with by the commanding officers of these precincts. I feel for the good cops who do a great job out there, because they are being caught up in the stereo typing in which the bad ones are putting on them too.

Why not clean this mess up or is there sympothy for the devils to co-exist among the flock for some reason ?

"This stuff is then backed up by their peers who will treat the citizens like pure trash if an officer is challenged about his judgement and character used in a traffic stop."

That is the problem. Most cops are decent but they remain silent or even protect the bad ones. THAT culture is what has to change.

Forum List

Back