ST's BP Rantings

So Haliburton tells BP it's not safe to proceed, and the government tells BP it's all okay, continue on.

Correction:

So Halliburton ALLEGEDLY tells BP it's not safe to proceed...........

Halliburton claims to have found internal documents...

On April 1, a job log written by a Halliburton employee, Marvin Volek, warns that BP’s use of cement “was against our best practices.”

An April 18 internal Halliburton memorandum indicates that Halliburton again warned BP about its practices, this time saying that a “severe” gas flow problem would occur if the casings were not centered more carefully.

Around that same time, a BP document shows, company officials chose a type of casing with a greater risk of collapsing.

So Haliburton tells BP it's not safe to proceed, and the government tells BP it's all okay, continue on.

Correction:

On April 1, a job log written by a Halliburton employee, Marvin Volek, warns that BP’s use of cement “was against our best practices.”

An April 18 internal Halliburton memorandum indicates that Halliburton again warned BP about its practices, this time saying that a “severe” gas flow problem would occur if the casings were not centered more carefully.

Around that same time, a BP document shows, company officials chose a type of casing with a greater risk of collapsing.

Has BP denied it?

They are all to blame and will try to wriggle out of it any way they can

Ignore the obvious...

"New government and BP documents, interviews with experts and testimony by witnesses provide the clearest indication to date that a hodgepodge of oversight agencies granted exceptions to rules, allowed risks to accumulate and made a disaster more likely on the rig, particularly with a mix of different companies operating on the Deepwater whose interests were not always in sync"

Obama's admin. was responsible for oversight and guaranteeing the rules and regulations are followed...

Halliburton is on record with telling BP their method did not meet their practices, but halliburton did go ahead finally, and agreed to go along with BP...they still SHOULD HAVE stuck to their guns...and not agree to it.

Halburton was working for BP - they knew it would be BP's responsibility if anything went wrong and so did BP.

Bullshit.

The administration does not want to piss off Halliburton's supporters which include VP Cheney.

Are you serious?

Why would the administration not want to piss off cheney or Halliburton supporters? It's not like these type of people would EVER VOTE for Obama....so what is your logic?

Ignore the obvious...

"New government and BP documents, interviews with experts and testimony by witnesses provide the clearest indication to date that a hodgepodge of oversight agencies granted exceptions to rules, allowed risks to accumulate and made a disaster more likely on the rig, particularly with a mix of different companies operating on the Deepwater whose interests were not always in sync"

Obama's admin. was responsible for oversight and guaranteeing the rules and regulations are followed...

Is BP responsible for BP's operations?

What a strange tale reality plays.

Proves you can't trust any of the players in this mess.

Yeah, you notice in Obama's comments today how he mentions "Industry Officials" assured us safety measures were in place when now in fact we learn no such measures were actually in place.......?

Apply that concept to just about everything else our leadership signs us on to and you start to really feel sick to your stomach, all things considered. :doubt:

Ignore the obvious...

Yep, MMS and other agencies have been in bed with the oil industry for over a decade...but they DID NOT CAUSE THIS, who caused it are the people who DID IT, the people who CHOSE not to take extra precautions on their OWN. Certainly you as a conservative is not blaming our government for not regulating enough or supporting tougher follow through on regulation???? You want the gvt to babysit them now, huh?

WHY WOULDN'T BP and the others, JUST DO THE RIGHT THING themselves without the gvt babysitters huh? why alpha?

Ignore the obvious...

Yep, MMS and other agencies have been in bed with the oil industry for over a decade...but they DID NOT CAUSE THIS, who caused it are the people who DID IT, the people who CHOSE not to take extra precautions on their OWN. Certainly you as a conservative is not blaming our government for not regulating enough or supporting tougher follow through on regulation???? You want the gvt to babysit them now, huh?

WHY WOULDN'T BP and the others, JUST DO THE RIGHT THING themselves without the gvt babysitters huh? why alpha?

Its like blaming the cop instead of the criminal. =

Correction:

Has BP denied it?

Not that I know of.

Obama pressures BP in Gulf visit | Video | Reuters.com

Last edited:
Why do you believe him. You've already said you don't trust corporations. So why do you trust BP?

Of course they will you dumb twat, they want people to take as little a pay out as possible as quick as possible, the last thing BP wants is all these claims to wind up before a jury! Its amazing you're even breathing your brain is so damaged.

I am sick and tired of ignorant little half-wits like you you have to refer to women they are debating as "twats".....

if thats all you can do perhaps debating politics or any such matter is beyond your maturity and level of intellect....
well, it does let you know those who are truly afraid of strong intelligent women.

;)

When spider has nothing he refers to the poster in a demeaning way. Unlikely that he ever went to LSU, more likey an inner city HS.

I am sick and tired of ignorant little half-wits like you you have to refer to women they are debating as "twats".....

if thats all you can do perhaps debating politics or any such matter is beyond your maturity and level of intellect....
well, it does let you know those who are truly afraid of strong intelligent women.

;)

When spider has nothing he refers to the poster in a demeaning way. Unlikely that he ever went to LSU, more likey an inner city HS.

You only comment on other posters, and never the subject matter. It's hilarious the way you pretend to be the board nanny. :lol:

;)

You only comment on other posters, and never the subject matter. It's hilarious the way you pretend to be the board nanny. :lol:

I comment on total morons as I do with you. I show you wordings of the law, and you call me a schmuck. :lol: So go play in your sandbox, sonny, because again your single digit IQ is showing.

I comment on total morons as I do with you. I show you wordings of the law, and you call me a schmuck. :lol: So go play in your sandbox, sonny, because again your single digit IQ is showing.

You even talk like a nanny.:lol::lol:

You even talk like a nanny.:lol::lol:

I see you couldn't defend yourself being called a moron. :lol:

Forum List

Back