Stress reduces levels of longevity hormone in women

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Longevity hormone is lower in stressed and depressed women

"Women under chronic stress have significantly lower levels of klotho, a hormone that regulates aging and enhances cognition, researchers at UC San Francisco have found in a study comparing mothers of children on the autism spectrum to low-stress controls.

The researchers found that the women in their study with clinically significant depressive symptoms had even lower levels of klotho in their blood than those who were under stress but not experiencing such symptoms.

The study, published Tuesday, June 16, in Translational Psychiatry, is the first to show a relationship between psychological influences and klotho, which performs a wide variety of functions in the body.

"Our findings suggest that klotho, which we now know is very important to health, could be a link between chronic stress and premature disease and death," said lead author, Aric Prather, PhD, an assistant professor of psychiatry at UCSF. "Since our study is observational, we cannot say that chronic stress directly caused lower klotho levels, but the new connection opens avenues of research that converge upon aging, mental health, and age-related diseases.""

rest at link

Study comes from using mice and worms. Interesting female analogue. ;)

Longevity hormone is lower in stressed and depressed women

"Women under chronic stress have significantly lower levels of klotho, a hormone that regulates aging and enhances cognition, researchers at UC San Francisco have found in a study comparing mothers of children on the autism spectrum to low-stress controls.

The researchers found that the women in their study with clinically significant depressive symptoms had even lower levels of klotho in their blood than those who were under stress but not experiencing such symptoms.

The study, published Tuesday, June 16, in Translational Psychiatry, is the first to show a relationship between psychological influences and klotho, which performs a wide variety of functions in the body.

"Our findings suggest that klotho, which we now know is very important to health, could be a link between chronic stress and premature disease and death," said lead author, Aric Prather, PhD, an assistant professor of psychiatry at UCSF. "Since our study is observational, we cannot say that chronic stress directly caused lower klotho levels, but the new connection opens avenues of research that converge upon aging, mental health, and age-related diseases.""

rest at link

Study comes from using mice and worms. Interesting female analogue. ;)

I get a scratch...90% of the time...instead of just healing, the scratch gets infected.

I get the flu.....and it lasts for 20 to 30 days ; instead of in the past, just being 3-4 days.

In the summer....and for some reason only in the summer, I have trouble with the great toe of my right foot. I set outside under the shade tree...reading a book with my foot in the sun.....the toe cut out of a pair of socks....and my toe problem goes away till the next summer - my toe problem never happens in the winter. WHY I do not know.

I get a cough more easily in the winter time, and more frequently than in the past.

It must be due to me being in my 40's :)

Shadow 355

Granny says, "Dat's right - if ya trust anyone other than God - ya gonna get let down...

Not Trusting God Leads To A Great Deal Of Stress
November 25, 2015 - "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God" (Psalm 20:7, MEV). Everyone trusts something. The question is, what—or who—do you trust?
Our society tends to spurn trust—or at least we say we do. We're skeptical of everyone and everything. We don't trust the government. Employees don't trust employers. Customers don't trust businesses. When you get down to the bottom of the decline of trust today, you'll find that our society's "truth decay" is a big part of it. Truth and trust go together. You trust people who tell you the truth. You don't trust people if you don't think they're telling you the truth. And if you don't believe in absolute truth, then you can't trust anyone to tell you the truth.

trust.jpg

Are you trusting in anything or anyone other than God?​

Our lack of trust causes us tremendous stress in life. We were born to trust. God wired us with the capacity and desire to trust in something greater than ourselves because He wanted us to have a relationship with Him. If you don't trust God, you will create something else to trust. It may be a diploma on the wall, money in the bank, your spouse, your career, or a hobby. This desire to trust in something larger than ourselves is nothing new either. The biblical writers were keenly aware of it in their cultures as well. The Bible says in Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God" (NIV).

The Bible has a word for whatever we place our trust in rather than God. The Bible calls it an "idol." God's Word says that, for our own good, we need to stay away from idols: "Give good care to yourselves ... lest you corrupt yourselves and make a graven image for yourselves in the form of any figure ... "(Deuteronomy 4:15-16, MEV).

Talk It Over

Forum List

Back