Strange criminal making amends and returning the stolen goods?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So I think I told you guys about the theft of my mountain bike which happened a couple of years ago. I remember the day as my dog was going nuts at around 1 in the morning, the next day I woke up and went into my backyard and my wife asked where my bike was...disappeared.

Well, I wasn't sure if the brazen sob entered my backyard or if I had left it outside our large gate and forgot it (as I have to go inside through the house, to the backyard and unlock the back gate to bring it in).

Anyways, today I'm heading out and in the exact place my bike would have lied two years ago right outside the game, is a bike that physically seems the same, but it is totally stripped of any identifying characteristics. It's just grey, the paint that used to be on the bike was stripped from it. The handlebars seem the same, the back brakes, though it seems lighter than the old one. I have no idea how long it was sitting outside my house, but it had to have been placed there sometime overnight to mid early evening.

I'm sure it's my bike. Nobody would accidentally leave it leaning against the back gate like that. Maybe the guy found the Lord and decided to drop it off as he found it two years ago, or couldn't use it in the upcoming winter.

That's the thing with Canadians, unpredictable sob's and one of those weird experiences. I almost feel like leaving it out there in a sign of defiance (keep the bike you pos, I spit on you!).

Last edited:
So I think I told you guys about the theft of my mountain bike which happened a couple of years ago. I remember the day as my dog was going nuts at around 1 in the morning, the next day I woke up and went into my backyard and my wife asked where my bike was...disappeared.

Well, I wasn't sure if the brazen sob entered my backyard or if I had left it outside our large gate and forgot it (as I have to go inside through the house, to the backyard and unlock the back gate to bring it in).

Anyways, today I'm heading out and in the exact place my bike would have lied two years ago right outside the game, is a bike that physically seems the same, but it is totally stripped of any identifying characteristics. It's just grey, the paint that used to be on the bike was stripped from it. The handlebars seem the same, the back brakes, though it seems lighter than the old one. I have no idea how long it was sitting outside my house, but it had to have been placed there sometime overnight to mid early evening.

I'm sure it's my bike. Nobody would accidentally leave it leaning against the back gate like that. Maybe the guy found the Lord and decided to drop it off as he found it two years ago, or couldn't use it in the upcoming winter.

That's the thing with Canadians, unpredictable sob's and one of those weird experiences. I almost feel like leaving it out there in a sign of defiance (keep the bike you pos, I spit on you!).
The perp is poking disdain at you and saying screw you I am done with your property. Sounds like a American thug to me.

Here's the kicker though. I found a photo of my old bike online and there are clear differences in the body. The one I had was more durable, I bought it on special for $200, regular $450-500. I just realized this one is much lighter, probably more expensive if new. For all I know, the sob felt bad and decided to give me some other chumps bike he stole as a replacement....two years later. Guilt got to him, but not enough to give back my original.

It's clear this bike has been stripped of it's paint job to not be identified, maybe even the serial, I haven't checked it yet.

So confusing.

Meh, I gave the bike to the cops. ShockedCanadian don't keep nuthin' that ain't his. Maybe the same dude who stole my bike was returning one out of guilt, but this one wasn't mine.

Forum List

Back