Strange and terrible food (without Asian food!)

Selivan

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2018
USSR
Moderator, I accidentally deleted the text of my first message ...
Can not you restore it?

I restored the texts ...
Therefore, you can delete this message ...

Attachments

• Canada01.JPG
    Canada01.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Scotland01.JPG
    Scotland01.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 69
  • Iceland01.JPG
    Iceland01.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 79
  • USA01.JPG
    USA01.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 71
  • USA02.JPG
    USA02.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Italy01.JPG
    Italy01.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 71
  • France01.JPG
    France01.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 72
  • France02.JPG
    France02.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Poland01.JPG
    Poland01.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Ukraina01.JPG
    Ukraina01.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Russia01.JPG
    Russia01.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I think Selivan should have to eat Pita chips and aerosol cheese.

If he can't stand that anymore, he must eat Balut.

• Banned
Strange and terrible food (without Asian food!)

I would not like to talk about Asian food on this branch when they eat dogs, insects, eggs with embryos, human placenta and cook foods in the babies urine ... It's true, but you can create another branch and argue this shit there .. .
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
I want to show the American, European and Russian "strange and terrible food" ....
What does this mean?
1. I mean food that causes disgust, even if it is made from ordinary natural products
2. I will especially note the "spoiled food" that Americans and Europeans eat
3. Questions about "McDonald's" and "pink paste", which the American morons eat, I will not consider, since it is too primitive and long ago proved by the British professional chef Jamie Oliver ...

=============================================================
Canada
Fried bull testes.
Canada01.JPG
The original name of this dish, Prairie Oysters, can literally be translated as "prairie oysters", but there are no oysters at all - this exotic dish is made from testicles of bulls. You can try fried bull eggs anywhere in Canada, but curious gourmets are best off to Alberta. The Buzzards Restaurant in Calgary serves this dish throughout the summer months and hosts the annual "Testes Festival" in honor of it. Prepare the dish in different ways - bovine testes are deep-fried, stuffed, stewed with herbs and spices.
(personally I would not eat this shit)

Scotland
Haggis
Scotland01.JPG
This national Scottish dish is a mixture of sheep's heart, liver and lungs, onions, spices and oatmeal. All these ingredients stuff a sheep stomach, and then - stew. The history of haggis goes back to the 15th century, and today the dish is considered the basis of the festive menu for the national Scottish holiday - the birthday of Robert Burns (celebrated on January 25). Haggis is served with mashed potatoes and turnips. And to swallow the haggis, inexperienced tourists for courage pour a drop of Scotch whiskey.
(personally, I do not see anything strange, maybe it's even delicious)

Iceland
Hacarl
Iceland01.JPG

Rotten shark meat ...
To eat rotten shark meat for food - the prospect is not the most tempting, but the fresh meat of Greenland sharks is poisonous. Therefore, to begin with, sharks are allowed to ferment and fry, after which it becomes edible - if, of course, someone will be able to try hakarl, not paying attention to the fetid odor of decay and the hideous fishy taste. Those who risk to try hakarl for the first time, often begins to feel sick, so it is recommended to pre-meal a couple or three portions of local alcohol. But the habitual inhabitants of Iceland eat hakarl all year round, and rotten shark meat is sold (of course, in a vacuum package that does not allow "flavor"), in ordinary supermarkets.
(it's just awful ... I'll never even try this shit ... it's better to try fried cockroaches in Korea ...)

USA
Sandwich with roasted brains
USA01.JPG
Hamburgers, french fries and fried brain sandwiches? In some US states, and in particular in the Ohio River Valley townships, this curious dish can still be found in the menu of local food shops. Cook sandwiches with fried brains from not so terrible ingredients - veal or porcine brains, which are carefully fried in batter. And brought this unusual dish in the US emigrants from Germany and Holland, which, apparently, did not like it when something is wasted. Sandwiches with fried brains - a dish very high-calorie, serve it with mustard and pickled onions. In fact, the specific taste of sandwich is due to the batter, but the pork or veal brains are distinguished by a soft, almost indiscernible taste and consistency, similar to cottage cheese.
(personally I do not consider this dish to be "strange" ... It's much better than hamburgers in McDonald's. I'd love to try it)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scrapple
USA02.JPG
A pancake cut from a pork loaf and corn flour
(personally I do not consider this dish to be "strange" ... It's much better than hamburgers in McDonald's. I'd love to try it)

Italy
Casu Marzu
Italy01.JPG
Cheese with live worms ...
Delicate, creamy and very soft, this sort of cheese from sheep's milk at first glance seems amazingly delicious, but in fact it is perhaps the most disgusting dish in the history of mankind. The fact is that the cheese kasu marzu contains thousands of live larvae - and therefore only the most daring gourmets-experimenters can try it. Cheese marrow is prepared in Sardinia in a special way - from ordinary sheep's cheese pecorino; the cheese head is cut off, providing access to flies that lay eggs directly in the cheese. When this "harvest" ripens, the larvae hatch and eat cheese through and through, destroying fats and softening the usually hard "core" of cheese. The aftertaste of this, no doubt, extraordinary hot cheese is very strong and persists for several hours.
(personally I believe that this is not food, but a garbage ... I was disappointed when I found out that the descendants of the Roman Caesars eat such shit)

France
Vieux Boulogne
France01.JPG
Vieux Boulogne - soft cheese from northern France. Experts and gourmets of cheeses describe it as the most "flavorful" cheese in the world. The usual mortals from this "zest" literally breathtaking. The fact that Vieux Boulogne - the most smelly cheese in the world, even scientifically proven. In 2004, researchers from the University of Bedfordshire developed an electronic nose that is able to analyze the smell of cheese. According to the results of the study, Vieux Boulogne was recognized as even more unpleasantly smelling than the Burgundian Epuas. And the Burgundian Epuas has such a sharp odor that it is forbidden to keep it in public places.
(personally I would try, but ... only once in my life ...)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frog legs
France02.JPG
(I'll leave it with one comment - only the French eat it ...)

Poland
Flaki
Poland01.JPG
Polish soup with pork intestines / beef scars ..
Very fatty and nutritious soup, but when you eat it, the pig intestines unpleasantly "tickle the tongue", because the intestines are rough ...
(I will eat it, only if very hungry ...)

Ukraine
Salo (Salted Pork Fat) in chocolate ..
Ukraina01.JPG
(my opinion - when Ukraine gained independence, they began to engage in nonsense ...)

Russia
Holodetc
Russia01.JPG
The pork leg is brewed for a very long time, so that it turns out jelly, even from cartilage ... Then you crumble there boiled pork meat and garlic. Then you have to cool this dish in the cold (not in the refrigerator! This is not even known by the Russians) ... Then you cut this dish with a knife and eat with boiled potatoes ... Add mustard or horseradish and snack with pickled cucumber
-----------------------------------------------
As a rule, the Internet shows a Holodetc , which is stored in the refrigerator and then they eat it without garnishing. It's tasteless and disgusting, so foreigners believe that Russian Holodetc is "strange food"
(Holodetc is one of my favorite Russian dishes, although I'm not Russian)

• Banned
I think Selivan should have to eat Pita chips and aerosol cheese.

If he can't stand that anymore, he must eat Balut.

Americans, as always, show themselves to be idiots ...

I'm talking about the usual national food!
Which is adopted in our countries

And you start talking about perversion ... :04:

They have a thing called Kiviak up here (Greenland). The Inuit love it.
They ferment seabirds (seagulls, puffins) in a seal carcass. Yum Yum. The Inuit are genetically Asian so I dont know if that counts.

kiviak.jpg

Doesn't that look delish?

• Banned
They have a thing called Kiviak up here (Greenland). The Inuit love it.
They ferment seabirds (seagulls, puffins) in a seal carcass. Yum Yum. The Inuit are genetically Asian so I dont know if that counts.

View attachment 185483
Doesn't that look delish?

That's exactly what is interesting and written quite correctly on my topic.
In Russia, the Chukchi also "make rotten meat" first, and then eat it ...
This is not fermentation, but simple decay.

Moderator, I accidentally deleted the text of my first message ...
Can not you restore it?

I restored the texts ...
Therefore, you can delete this message ...

I saw a show about food in Hong Kong. It looked horrible. But, to each his own.

If it were simply decayed the meat would not necessarily be fermented and results would vary. It is an intentional process and the result is fermentation.
I will create a separate topic, where I'll tell you what "fermentation" is, and what is "rotting" ....
On this branch you can just believe me ...
okay?

I saw a show about food in Hong Kong. It looked horrible. But, to each his own.
I already said that my topic is not about Asian food! WASP also eat terrible food

True, like pretty much any fast or junk food.
But century old eggs take the cake.
No...
We must understand what European, American and Russian food is:
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------
1. it seems "strange and terrible", but, in fact, this food is "ordinary and natural"
2. it seems "strange and terrible", and it can really kill a person ...
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

3. We do not speak about "beautiful and attractive" food ...

Last edited:
If it were simply decayed the meat would not necessarily be fermented and results would vary. It is an intentional process and the result is fermentation.
I will create a separate topic, where I'll tell you what "fermentation" is, and what is "rotting" ....
On this branch you can just believe me ...
okay?

Kiviak or kiviaq is a traditional wintertime Inuit food from Greenland that is made of little auks (Alle alle) fermented in a seal skin.

Up to 500 whole auks are packed into the seal skin. As much air as possible is removed from the seal skin before it is sewn up and sealed with seal fat, which repels flies. It is then hidden in a heap of stones, with a large rock placed on top to keep the air out.[1] Over the course of three months, the birds ferment,[1] and are then eaten during the arctic winter, particularly on birthdays and weddings.[2]

The taste of kiviak is similar to strong Gorgonzola cheese.
Kiviak - Wikipedia

I don't require a science lesson on fermentation. Fermentation is the end result, not simple decay. Maybe you should research proper terminology.

Kiviak or kiviaq is a traditional wintertime Inuit food from Greenland that is made of little auks (Alle alle) fermented in a seal skin.

Up to 500 whole auks are packed into the seal skin. As much air as possible is removed from the seal skin before it is sewn up and sealed with seal fat, which repels flies. It is then hidden in a heap of stones, with a large rock placed on top to keep the air out.[1] Over the course of three months, the birds ferment,[1] and are then eaten during the arctic winter, particularly on birthdays and weddings.[2]

The taste of kiviak is similar to strong Gorgonzola cheese.
Kiviak - Wikipedia

I don't require a science lesson on fermentation. Fermentation is the end result, not simple decay. Maybe you should research proper terminology.

Thank you, I will carefully read your links and then create a new topic about fermentation and decay ...
--------------------------------------------------
I already said that I understood you.
Therefore, do not strain anymore. :04:

This is not fermentation
Be sure to explain this in your course.
Judging by the nickname, you are someone from the Norwegians, Swedes or Icelanders
I hope that you are not Finn .. I do not like Finns, Estonians, Karelians ...
---------------------------------------------
Of course ... I'll create this topic when I'm in a mood. :04:

Forum List

Back