Straight talk and it's depressing. I will never get married again...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Anyone here who has been divorced feel free to share your experiences.
It goes beyond marraige, how will I be able to trust a woman again with my heart? Share a home or even a bed together? Being alone isn't natural, we are social beings, we want to love and be loved, we want a peaceful existence, a calm discussion among nature. Once you experience a certain trauma it is impossible to believe it could not happen again even as you feel.the need to be human again.

It goes beyond marraige, how will I be able to trust a woman again with my heart? Share a home or even a bed together? Being alone isn't natural, we are social beings, we want to love and be loved, we want a peaceful existence, a calm discussion among nature. Once you experience a certain trauma it is impossible to believe it could not happen again even as you feel.the need to be human again.
A woman is not the answer to any problem you have. Ignore them. Work on yourself, keep your grooming up, dress well, keep your house clean and before you know it they will come to you. Ignore them still until one that isn't a bitch comes along. If it takes years it's still worth it.

R.b90dbd100aef8e47e782837a68c6d780

The bed part is something that you will get over fairly quickly, since your horns will come into play.
I also swore off marriage and had a series of affairs over the course of 5 years after divorce. Then I met my wife of 38 years.
I generally takes + or - two years before you begin to feel like yourself, and that will happen. Until then, don't make any rash decisions.

I'm a young, happy, single male with no intention of getting married in the near future.

Collect yourself and move on.
Not all women are pieces of shit.
Yes, I know this. The problem is I am clearly not good at knowing who is and who isn:t and I was even warned by her ex (I never met him, I just assumed he was a jaded ex). I take.pride in being a problem solver but I am too soft.

Sharing a bed is not difficult if the woman is good looking

But it is difficult for men and women to find lasting relationships in this throw-away world we live in

Yes, I know this. The problem is I am clearly not good at knowing who is and who isn:t and I was even warned by her ex (I never met him, I just assumed he was a jaded ex). I take.pride in being a problem solver but I am too soft.
Pretend to be the man you want to be and before long it's true.

A woman is not the answer to any problem you have. Ignore them. Work on yourself, keep your grooming up, dress well, keep your house clean and before you know it they will come to you. Ignore them still until one that isn't a bitch comes along. If it takes years it's still worth it.
I get my looks from women and when I am myself I am an easy conversation I've turned down opportunities when I was married out of loyalty. One in particular many men would have indulged.

I was in a loveless marriage for 15 years.
I stayed to raise my children. It was not easy. It was quite damaging psychologically, the price was paid but the reward of raising the kids was worth it. We didn't fight really, pretty much none for the last 10 years of the marriage. We just co-habitated the same house with the same children.
This gave me a very negative opinion on marriage as a whole, made me believe things like "happiness in the exception, not the norm" etc.
I knew I would leave my ex-wife 10 years before I did. I 1000% believed I would never get married again. Why the HELL would I do that?
But after I left, the loneliness is like a heavy shadow in the apartment with you. It drags on you. You are correct we are social creatures. And, well, as men we have other needs.
I thought this for several years... until Bonzi came along. At first I had exactly zero interest in her, and most definitely never imagined I would meet someone on a frigging political forum!
But anyway... going on 8 years later. We are very happy. I cannot begin to say how happy I am we met, she is exactly nothing like the persona she created here. Thank God :D .... she is amazing.

In likelihood friend the same will happen to you. You won't be looking for her. She will just waltz into your life and the rest will make history.

I get my looks from women and when I am myself I am an easy conversation I've turned down opportunities when I was married out of loyalty. One in particular many men would have indulged.
I was once married to one of the most horrible bitches you ever met. Think Roseanne only not funny. Didn't get over it by being a nice guy. Be a selfish prick until you get your self respect back.

You might have to move to another country because most of the women are Democrats and most of the Democrat men are women.

I was once married to one of the most horrible bitches you ever met. Think Roseanne only not funny. Didn't get over it by being a nice guy. Be a selfish prick until you get your self respect back.
Usually I can figure out if a woman is a bitch before I marry her.
I've been with the same woman for close to 46 years.
I've also known a lot of bitches.
Usually I figure this out before I get too attached.
Oh and BTW, if she's a leftist Democrat, 9 times out of 10 she's a bitch.

Last edited:
Oh and BTW, if she's a leftist Democrat 9 times out of 10 she's a bitch.
Its not that simple

Obvious bitches can be avoided

But we are all products of our culture

A that culture is mostly bad

even people with good intention at 20 may change over time, and often do

A marriage that lasts 40 years is rare these days

Oh and BTW, if she's a leftist Democrat 9 times out of 10 she's a bitch.
If you have been married that long you only know about one woman. I've cohabited with a least a dozen women. The only way to really know if one is a bitch is to live with them a while.

Forum List

Back