Story on "Ethnic Tension" doesn't mention blacks...

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by chanel, Jul 2, 2010.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Fatal beating of Old Bridge man highlights harassment of South Asian community | NJ.com

They won't give the names of the assailants because they are juveniles. However, according to several comments on the article, the perps were BLACK and this may have been a gang initiation.

How can a reporter write an article about "ethnic tension" on "Asians", in a "predominantly white area" without mentioning the race of the murderers? How dishonest is that?

This shit has got to stop.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,581
    What comments in the article that the perps were black? I didn't see any.

It does however raise suspicion for me because, as the OP pointed out, the white and Indian demographics of the community were mentioned. So if the killers were white why not mention it? Or black or Hispanic or other for that matter?

Welcome to PC journalism 2010.

3. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,921
    Alot of people just don't see blacks as humans and not responsible for there own behaviour.

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,752
    Why do you assume the perps are black? :confused:

5. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
  6. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Nobody is assuming anything, but local commenters are saying it.

7. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    The question now becomes why does Ravi assume people would just assume that the criminals are black?

8. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749

roamtheworld July 01, 2010 at 9:42AM

The three that are under arrest are black. This article is slanted because it mentions the white and indian population, but nothing about blacks. Very misleading - a great example of hack journalism. Is Stirling, the author, black?

mlr July 01, 2010 at 7:18AM

My son is turning 17 in a couple of months and went to Old Bridge H.S. with these three 17 year olds. He told me these kids are black, and they are big kids that are always in trouble and annoying. He told me everyone in school was afraid of them. Such a sad story, these kids need to be charged as adults, and be put away for a long, long time.

rlc0750 July 01, 2010 at 8:41AM

it was three blacks from affluent families that went to Old Bridge HS

9. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,440
    the media doesn't like kicking the underdog while he's down. its a common human instinct. so is snipping at the overdog's heels, which is one of the reasons the media falls for racial hoaxes blaming whites just about every time. and why so many people lose money betting on longshots.

10. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Two more were arrested. According to comments on the latest article - these two were white and the other three are black. NOW it has become a bias crime. Hmmmm.

Old Bridge is an upper middle class community and the high school has a very good reputation. This story saddened me. The thug/gangsta lifestyle is corrupting even the best of schools. These kids have thrown their lives away for the "thrill" of murdering an innocent human being for fun.

stephk July 01, 2010 at 6:58PM
    Follow

These hyenas' names were published in comments post in the Home News Tribune a couple of days back. With their names revealed, their Facebook profiles were available. They are thug/gangster wanna be's and their profiles matched the viciousness of their assaults.Their hype met reality. It sounds like that they got high on the mayhem they were creating that evening. All I can say is that from what I read these feral kids were like a pack of hyenas on Animal Planet.They would have gone after any of us.

onica July 01, 2010 at 7:09PM
    Follow

My friend also did some investigating on Facebook, it's sad that these young kids have so much anger and hostility, that poor man was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This may open some parents eyes to the fact that it's not just the poor urban kids, these kids were impersonating a lifestyle, probably trying to start a gang right in OB, from my sources 2 were white, 3 were black they all came from decent families. I hope they get their wish to live the real gangster lifestyle in jail, I hope they get life in one of the tough prisons in NJ, when the real thugs get thru with them, I hope they feel just like that poor man.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/07/two_more_teenagers_are_charged/1607/comments-4.html

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010