Stormy Thursday

You are one amazing photographer! The last photo is spectacular - did the storm pass you over, or were you hit by it?

You are one amazing photographer! The last photo is spectacular - did the storm pass you over, or were you hit by it?

Thank you Noomi, it helps to have something that beautiful to try and capture. The storm was south of me but the usual prevailing winds off of the Gulf typically blows it North so I was definitely keeping an eye on it. I stepped out of the office and saw what was happening and took the camera, jumped in a convertible golf cart we use to get around the airport and headed west. It's a couple of thousand yards to the opposite end of the airport from where I work but that's where you have to go to get the big sky looking west. Being in a cart without a top I was worried but you do what you need to do to get the shot. luckily it stayed south and the sunset built into a really spectacular event. I'll post those next.

This is what the sunset progressed into..... in the center of the page near the horizon there is a cloud that looks like a cartoonish rat.

What are you using to take the pics? These are great too!

A Nikon D300 with a Nikkor 18-200 lens. I shoot in RAW and process each shot in a RAW processing program and finish sizing and anything else I need to do to make the shot look like what I saw...... in Adobe Photoshop.

What are you using to take the pics? These are great too!

A Nikon D300 with a Nikkor 18-200 lens. I shoot in RAW and process each shot in a RAW processing program and finish sizing and anything else I need to do to make the shot look like what I saw...... in Adobe Photoshop.

What is RAW? and sadly i don't have photoshop. :(

But what ever it is you are doing... the pis are GREAT!!!! :clap2:

I just noticed this question Syrenn........From Wikipedia the definition of RAW as it pertains to photography........

A camera raw image file contains minimally processed data from the image sensor of either a digital camera, image scanner, or motion picture film scanner. Raw files are named so because they are not yet processed and therefore are not ready to be printed or edited with a bitmap graphics editor.
Raw image files are sometimes called digital negatives, as they fulfill the same role as negatives in film photography: that is, the negative is not directly usable as an image, but has all of the information needed to create an image. Likewise, the process of converting a raw image file into a viewable format is sometimes called developing a raw image, by analogy with the film development process used to convert photographic film into viewable prints. The selection of the final choice of image rendering is part of the process of white balancing and color grading.
Like a photographic negative, a raw digital image may have a wider dynamic range or color gamut than the eventual final image format, and it preserves most of the information of the captured image. The purpose of raw image formats is to save, with minimum loss of information, data obtained from the sensor, and the conditions surrounding the capturing of the image (the metadata).

more at Raw image format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back