Storm-walloped Floridians Bend/Grease Up!

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
OK, so a lot of people in Florida had their homes damaged and lost their jobs but that wasn't punishment enough.

Hope. Now they get to pay up to $17,000/year for a family of four for their woefully inadequate, high-deductible Obamacare! That's, for some, 71% more than last year.

Health Insurers in Florida Request Premium Rate Hikes as High as 71%

Where are the "Thank You ex--president Obama"? Or are there just none because nobody left in Florida can afford a sheet of cardboard, a stick, or even a felt-tip marker?

OK, so a lot of people in Florida had their homes damaged and lost their jobs but that wasn't punishment enough.

Hope. Now they get to pay up to $17,000/year for a family of four for their woefully inadequate, high-deductible Obamacare! That's, for some, 71% more than last year.

Where are the "Thank You ex--president Obama"? Or are there just none because nobody left in Florida can afford a sheet of cardboard, a stick, or even a felt-tip marker?
Thanks, Obama

I just have to go without. Either pay an exorbitant amount for something I likely won't need, or go without and hope nothing goes wrong.

Hell of a situation. The catastrophic care insurance I used to carry at a reasonable rate is no longer offered.

But, the silver lining is concierge doctor care for $60 a month takes care of all our preventive medical needs. Plus, there is no collection mechanism in place for the feds to collect the penalty..sorry guys, as long as I owe ya, you'll never really be broke. :lol:

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Do you know what percentage of Floridians actually purchase insurance via the ACA exchanges?

Go ahead. Learn something.

Say Thanks to John McCain.

I just have to go without. Either pay an exorbitant amount for something I likely won't need, or go without and hope nothing goes wrong.

Hell of a situation. The catastrophic care insurance I used to carry at a reasonable rate is no longer offered.

But, the silver lining is concierge doctor care for $60 a month takes care of all our preventive medical needs. Plus, there is no collection mechanism in place for the feds to collect the penalty..sorry guys, as long as I owe ya, you'll never really be broke. :lol:
I call BS on your catastrophic insurance .

Hey, should the real question be how much they pay in flood insurance? Cause they all seem to suck off FEMA every time a storm comes bye.

I call BS on your catastrophic insurance .

Hey, should the real question be how much they pay in flood insurance? Cause they all seem to suck off FEMA every time a storm comes

Catastrophic Health Plan - HealthCare.gov Glossary

"To qualify for a Catastrophic plan, you must be under 30 years old OR get a "hardship exemption" because the Marketplace determined that you’re unable to afford health coverage."

Hardship exemptions, forms, and how to apply

I'm over 30 and hardship exemptions are only for things like homelessness, bankruptcy, death in the family...etc.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

So, the GOP has had the Executive, the Senate, and the House since 20Jan17. And the governor of Florida is Rick Scott, a Republican. Republicans have a majority in both houses in the Florida legislative body. But you want to blame ex-President Obama for the current cost of health care in Florida? How much has the GOP done on a Federal level to fix the problem? Seems to me that what has been done by the GOP is exactly nothing. How about Rick Scott? Or the Florida legislature?

You mean you can have majorities at both the Federal and local level, and still blame the minority that nothing has been done? LOL

Well now, vote GOP and see the little that you still have go away. LOL God, I love to hear you GOP suckers whine because you got what you voted for.

Having seen the total fuckup of the GOP and the treasonous fat senile old orange clown concerning health care, the Democrats should be ready with a universal single payer plan when the pendulum swings back their way. Since the GOP threatened to take away the little health care that the ACA supplies, people have come to realize that the ACA is a better deal than anything that the GOP offers. Time to give Americans as good a deal as all the other citizens in first world nations have.

Well now, vote GOP and see the little that you still have go away. LOL God, I love to hear you GOP suckers whine because you got what you voted for.
I had insurance before Obamacare. Now I don't. Only one party to blame, and it ain't the GOP.

Trump is making headway...it won't be long before the requirements will be gutted and I can get my old, completely adequate insurance at a reasonable cost. Keep the concierge service coupled with catastrophic insurance, and continue eating healthy and exercising regularly.

If I was really forced to buy Obamacare, it would have cost the wife and I $20,000 over the last four years...we actually spent about $2,000, most of which was the two years of concierge service after our doctor increased his cash prices to insurance bloated prices.

Before Obamacare, a doctors office visit cost $50. After Obamacare, all the small doctors offices were forced to join the large local heathcare provider to have access to their billing department. The cost of an office visit just to get my wifes inhaler perscription written jumped to $180. With the concierge doctor service, we get office visits and very affordable preventive medical testing AND email, text and video appointments for things like prescription writing and such...much better service than we used to receive...and WITHOUT Obamacare.

If I wasn't self employed, the government would take at least a $700 penalty for nothing!

What a government mandated waste of my money that would have been. There is no way to convince me Obamacare is anything but an unmitigated failure. A huge government over-reach...one that liberals are only beginning to understand as Trump guts it one piece at a time.

Last edited:

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Do you know what percentage of Floridians actually purchase insurance via the ACA exchanges?

You believe that's an argument supporting Obamacare? Really?

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Dumb ass.

The premium increases you speak of only effect 12.7% of Floridians ( % who buy insurance on the individual market ) and 90% of them get subsidies to make the cost manageable.

You. Don’t. Know. What. You. Are. Talking. About.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Dumb ass.

The premium increases you speak of only effect 12.7% of Floridians ( % who buy insurance on the individual market ) and 90% of them get subsidies to make the cost manageable.

You. Don’t. Know. What. You. Are. Talking. About.
Now when has that ever stopped a 'Conservative' from flapping yap endlessly on any subject?

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample For/Favor Against/Oppose Spread
RCP Average 6/17 - 9/25 -- 47.0 40.8 For/Favor +6.2
PPP (D) 9/22 - 9/25 865 RV 48 34 For/Favor +14
FOX News 8/27 - 8/29 1006 RV 49 48 For/Favor +1
Economist/YouGov 7/31 - 8/1 1329 RV 50 43 For/Favor +7
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 6/17 - 6/20 900 A 41 38 For/Favor +3
All Public Approval of Health Care Law Polling Data

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Looks like more Americans like the ACA than dislike it. And they will like full universal single payer healthcare even better.

Umm mr.Silverlinings you do know that you are a heart atack away from bankruptcy and your ”preventative care” won’t pay for any medical emergency, don’t you?

Why should I be on the hook tomorrow for your irresponsibility today?

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Polling Data

Looks like more Americans like the ACA than dislike it. And they will like full universal single payer healthcare even better.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Polling Data

Have to give credit to Trump and Republicans where it is due. In just 6 months they managed to do what Democrats could not do in 6 years - make Obamacare popular.

Forum List

Back