Stop The Yaking and Crush The Terrorists

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=NDEyMmY0YTJkMzZjZGNiY2ZiMzE4NWIyNjliMjQ4MDQ=

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    The auothor shapes the issue is an interesting light and I agree with him on many. With the minimal support of Americans I can see why the least "intrusive" method of accomplishing change was used first although calling it the democratization of Iraq was weak. It was unsuccessful for the reasons that the author mentioned but by no means an excuse to throw in the towel. If the powers that be in Iraq want the US to leave, we will no doubt pack our guns and go however I yet heard anyone to include Sadr ask or demand our departure.

3. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,721
    Very good article. What we should be doing is going to war with Iran, and not to democratize them, but to destroy them, and take their oil as war reparations. They are an evil nation that has been completely brainwashed into believing that the U.S. is Satan, literally.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Excellent article. A great observation -

We only need to focus on what is essentially important to US. Hawk names the best and quickest solution for the whole middle east threat which is to cut off their head :thup:

5. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    I understand your frustration, but that is not what we are hearing from most of our soldiers.

I think we should have abandoned the one nation approach two years ago and split Iraq into Kurd, Sunni and Shite, with defensible borders between them all, and a defensible border around the entire region. By defensible I mean along a river or mountain range, or through no-mans land with two rows of razor wire 400 meters apart and a free fire zone between. Run the oil by Haliburton, give a share to each state, and have the UN monitor it (and we'd monitor the UN).

I think the reason why Bush-Rummy wanted Iraq in one piece was more historical than anything. But Iraq should never have been created by the Allies post WW2 anyway. Add the money created by oil and you've got a disaster, which is exactly what has been going on for 40 years.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You mean like the Rio Grande?:splat:

7. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Yes. Absolutely. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the negatives about a plan like that.

8. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    You know if I felt like it would make a crap I'd go back into the service, I'd be a little out of shape and I'm kind of broke up, but I'd grab up my trusty HLU-256 Hurnia Bar and start loading bombs for the cause of ethnic cleansing of all these terrorist pukes! See in the end I'd be either dead or so broke I'd rather die. Ain't nothing gonna happen until we as a Nation say enough is enough and break out the good stuff! I mean the stuff that glows in the dark for a thousand years. Yeah pretty un-realistic but until that happens we won't be respected or feared because he have hearts and it takes a hard heart to survive war. Yet we all know this but we have these silver spooned folk living over here that think everything is milk and honey and well I know it ain't so. :lalala:

9. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,721
    Unfortunately dividing them up into the 3 different states would probably trigger alot of unwelcomed events. The Turks (and maybe even Iran) would probably make war against the Kurds. Both countries have their own Kurds that are fighting for independence within their own borders. The Shiites would practically be the same as Iran. Who knows what would happen between Sunni and Shia, that could turn into an all out war, especially if the Shia start getting military help from Iran. I agree with you that Iraq should had never been created in the manner it was. Either way, its just an ugly mess, and there is no easy solution. Since America is now unwilling to go to war against the biggest threat, and will be even more unwilling if Dems take the Whitehouse in '08, Iran will soon be a nuclear power that will go unchallenged.

10. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    So we take out Iran as well, break 'em both up into Kurds and Sunni and Shia, defensible borders around all of them, mayber a free for all zone where the Sunnis and Shia can have a blood fest on each other. The less of them around the better off everyone will be.:dev3: