Stop the insanity (write your senators and reps)

Discussion in 'Economy' started by gonegolfin, Sep 22, 2008.

1. gonegolfin

gonegolfin Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    The following article addresses a significant concern (quite an understatement) that I have concerning the dictatorial powers in this bailout proposal. I wrote about this concern last night here ... http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/58812-financial-market-coup-detat.html

Steve Mish also writes about this here ... Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Bush Administration Seeks "Dictatorial Power"

Steve Mish has some good advice in his latest article. You should take the time to read it. He also states many of the same things I have been saying concerning the crisis. At the bottom, he includes information on how you should contact the politicians concerning the bailout proposal.

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Lies From Paulson Keep Stacking Up: What You Can Do About It

Brian

2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,375
    I think it's become obvious that most people support the bailout, even the conservatives (go figure).

It's all good to say we don't need the government interfering in the markets until we're told there will be a "meltdown" if they don't. Then, all the sudden EVERYONE thinks we need them to "save" us. How quickly everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

How about commodities today, huh? Unreal.

3. Richard-H

Richard-H Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +510
    People are used to bail outs. But the price tag on this one is making everyone think twice.

4. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,066
    I posted this elsewhere but this is as good of a thread as any.

Vote No Bailout!

5. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Thank you Toro for the link.

6. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,375
    I stand corrected on this statement. I've just gotten home from work and errands and I'm seeing a large amount of disagreement with this particular bailout, even from the liberals.

It was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction from the other previous bailouts garnering so much support. Maybe there's still hope for this country afterall.