Stop 'Resisting' People. The Police Are Here To Help: NY Cop Slaps Man On Video...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
We need to stop handing criminal thugs badges and guns. It's time for better training and weeding the thugs out. To Protect and Serve, that's what it's supposed to be about.

The cop resigned.

He physically assaulted and battered the kid, so he should be in jail.

The cop resigned.

I don't believe he was arrested. He did resign. But is that enough? You assault someone, then quit your job, and all is well? Not gonna happen with citizens. They'd be arrested and booked. This thug should have been arrested and prosecuted. Period, end of story.

Last edited:
Agrred. Cop totally out of line. Needs to be charged with criminal assault under color of office. Department needs to be sued for violating kid's civil rights.
I dont automatically take sides in these things. I wait to see what's on video and what makes sense. This looked pretty clear cut though.

The cop resigned.

I don't believe he was arrested. He did resign. But is that enough? You assault someone, then quit your job, and all is well? Not gonna happen with citizens. They'd be arrested and booked. This thug should have been arrested and prosecuted. Period, end of story.
There is a problem in that the actual slap is not visible in the video, so the physical assault remains a presumptive issue. I'm assuming the cop resigned because there is no way for him or his department to deny or excuse the verbal assault and implied threat we've clearly witnessed.

Even if the slap were visible in the video it is a simple assault, which, considering the incident has cost the cop his job (assume he was given the option to resign or be terminated), a substantial punishment under the circumstances, it is not likely he would serve any time. At most the fellow who was slapped might receive a relatively small punitive compensation (cash award).

What is most significant about this covert video is the cop's attitude clearly suggests verbally abusing people and slapping them around is the way things are done -- that his badge entitles him to behave like Gestapo or KGB. One can only wonder just how many cops feel and behave the same way and how widespread this attitude and disposition is.

If this incident were not digitally captured no one would ever know about it. How many similar incidents aren't captured? Again, the casual nature of this cop's modus operandi says there is nothing unusual about it.

Last edited:
The cop resigned.

There is a problem in that the actual slap is not visible in the video, so the physical assault remains a presumptive issue. I'm assuming the cop resigned because there is no way for him or his department to deny or excuse the verbal assault and implied threat we've clearly witnessed.

Even if the slap were visible in the video it is a simple assault, which, considering the incident has cost the cop his job (assume he was given the option to resign or be terminated), a substantial punishment under the circumstances, it is not likely he would serve any time. At most the fellow who was slapped might receive a relatively small punitive compensation (cash award).

What is most significant about this covert video is the cop's attitude clearly suggests verbally abusing people and slapping them around is the way things are done -- that his badge entitles him to behave like Gestapo or KGB. One can only wonder just how many cops feel and behave the same way and how widespread this attitude and disposition is.

If this incident were not digitally captured no one would ever know about it. How many similar incidents aren't captured? Again, the casual nature of this cop's modus operandi says there is nothing unusual about it.

Makes you wonder how many others he's assaulted. How many victims are out there? I hear what you're saying about the assault, but he should have been charged. That's how i feel anyway.

Makes you wonder how many others he's assaulted. How many victims are out there? I hear what you're saying about the assault, but he should have been charged. That's how i feel anyway.
It is very common in incidents of this nature for cash settlements to be offered in exchange for informal (quiet) dispositions. The majority of valid complaints against police officers are disposed of in this manner, mainly to avoid publicity which ultimately leads to compromised police effectiveness and situations such as the Ferguson riots.

The taxpayers in most major cities would be quite surprised to learn how many lawsuits are filed against their police in a given year. While most of them are quickly dismissed as unsupportable, cash settlements are offered to all which have sufficient merit to impress a sympathetic jury.

Most settlement offers are accepted immediately. Many of the cases which do go to trial are so effectively prolonged that frustrated plaintiffs eventually give in and accept the settlements. Were this not the case we would see a lot of misbehaving cops facing juries and being fired or imprisoned.

It is very common in incidents of this nature for cash settlements to be offered in exchange for informal (quiet) dispositions. The majority of valid complaints against police officers are disposed of in this manner, mainly to avoid publicity which ultimately leads to compromised police effectiveness and situations such as the Ferguson riots.

The taxpayers in most major cities would be quite surprised to learn how many lawsuits are filed against their police in a given year. While most of them are quickly dismissed as unsupportable, cash settlements are offered to all which have sufficient merit to impress a sympathetic jury.

Most settlement offers are accepted immediately. Many of the cases which do go to trial are so effectively prolonged that frustrated plaintiffs eventually give in and accept the settlements. Were this not the case we would see a lot of misbehaving cops facing juries and being fired or imprisoned.

Good points. This mongoloid should have been charged and prosecuted. Resigning from his job isn't good enough. It wouldn't be for average Citizens.

Forum List

Back