Stone Gag Order

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Roger Stone hit with gag order after posting edited image of judge

A former adviser to Donald Trump has been hit with a gag order by a judge after he posted a photo on Instagram showing her next to what appeared to be the crosshairs of a gun.

Trump ally Roger Stone has been ordered by US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson not to discuss his criminal case with anyone.

She said Stone would "pose a danger" to others in the case unless she modified the terms of his release to include the gag order.

I dont really understand this. I thought that your constitution protected free speech ?

A former adviser to Donald Trump has been hit with a gag order by a judge after he posted a photo on Instagram showing her next to what appeared to be the crosshairs of a gun.

Trump ally Roger Stone has been ordered by US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson not to discuss his criminal case with anyone.

She said Stone would "pose a danger" to others in the case unless she modified the terms of his release to include the gag order.

I dont really understand this. I thought that your constitution protected free speech ?

Read the laws and discover why...

Gag orders are more common than you think...

I think it stinks....sounds Stalinist if you ask me....I would tell her to lock me up and I would start talking to anyone anytime until this witch hunt ends....

And while I was locked up I would get that root canal done...free!!!

How is a gag order not a first amendment violation, for real? It's literally the government telling someone they don't have the right to free speech LOL

Tommy, I thought in your country that most of the information on a case was kept out of the public view until the trial? Much more than ours?

It does.

It also protects the right to due process of the law, hence the order.

Tommy, I thought in your country that most of the information on a case was kept out of the public view until the trial? Much more than ours?
It depends on the case. Where there are multiple defendants or a risk of the jury being influenced it happens. Defendants are not quoted or interviewed once the trial has started either.
I remember a host of folk on this site kicking off when the Tommy Robinson case was going on. It made me think there were no restrictions in the US. Hence my question.

Forum List

Back