Stock Market Crash: Welcome to the Obama Depression

The word on the street is the fed won't be raising interest rates any time soon. ThaTS more important than Asian markets. Theyre creating a massive bubble. When it's over its going to be super ugly.

The general consensus is that the first rate hike will be coming in December. With most pushing for it to be delayed until next year.

We'll see. We saw chicken little hysterics about how the economy would collapse with the end of QE.

Nothing happened.

The new general consensus is a rate hike won't be happening this year. There's even talks of QE 4 lol.

Well, no rate hike in September, as that has already been signaled.

"Welcome to another ridiculous lie from the right." CJ #25
Thanks.
Yes.
Most of the expert opinion I've read of it lay the blame for this one on China.

And blaming Obama for the economy is unmitigated delusion.
It's Bush / Cheney / Paulson that trashed the economy.
And though Republicans LOVE to criticize Obama for economic stimulus, Solindra, etc.
Republicans fall silent when the topic of Bush's ~$700 $Billion $dollar $TARP program.
That didn't solve the problem. It just put the economy on life support long enough for Bush / Cheney to get out of town.
And their relationship with one another was so frosty on inauguration day, they barely shook hands, and didn't make much eye-contact while doing so.

Obama has been FANTASTIC for the economy!! Pick the quantifiable criteria.
Some reports claim the stock market has DOUBLED while Obama's been president.
That's pretty good!

JOBS?

Bush was losing ~700k jobs a month.
Look at how Obama turned that around.

“... Reince Priebus, the Republican National Chairman today said that 300K jobs ... aught to be expected every month ... and just a historical perspective:
- during the 8 years of President Bush (younger) there were 2.1 million net jobs created in the United States. Of the 2.1 million, 1.8 million of them were in the public sector ... that means there were 300,000 jobs in the private sector in 8 months, in 8 years rather, net ...
more jobs have been created in the United States in the last 4 years than in Europe, Japan, all the industrialized modern world combined. ...
70 years since WWII. 36 years of Republican presidents, 34 years of Democratic presidents. In those 70 years, there were 36.7 million jobs created under Republican presidents ... a little over half the time. In 34 years there were 63.7 million created by Democrats. That's 29 million more. You know, perhaps it's an accident once, or twice or what. But I mean at some point the Democrats ought to be comfort in the fact that they have been better the economy and job creation than have been the opposition.
It's 15 years since we've had 10 consecutive months of over 200,000 [job growth]. Just 15 years ago there was a fella from Arkansas ... there were more jobs created in Bill Clinton's 8 years than there were in Ronald Reagan's 8 years, and the 12 years of both Bush's combined. I mean 6 million more jobs created in those 8 years, ... policy does kick in, & is reflected in the results.” Mark Shields

That's pretty good!

The August 2015 crash is only beginning. Look for a total tank the rest of this month. Obama's approval rating is toast.

The Repubicans will win full control of the government due to a total economic meltdown during the next year.

We are now in what will be known as the Obama Depression
Dow roars back, rallies 620 points, in sign of market stabilization

The August 2015 crash is only beginning. Look for a total tank the rest of this month. Obama's approval rating is toast.

The Repubicans will win full control of the government due to a total economic meltdown during the next year.

Up 250 the next day. 140 today.

Shall we get you your fainting couch, Chicken Little?
And 620 today.

That's good news but don't count your chickens yet. Thing could still bottom out.

Thanks.
Yes.

And though Republicans LOVE to criticize Obama for economic stimulus, Solindra, etc.
Republicans fall silent when the topic of Bush's ~$700 $Billion $dollar $TARP program.
That didn't solve the problem. It just put the economy on life support long enough for Bush / Cheney to get out of town.
And their relationship with one another was so frosty on inauguration day, they barely shook hands, and didn't make much eye-contact while doing so.

That's pretty good!

JOBS?

“... Reince Priebus, the Republican National Chairman today said that 300K jobs ... aught to be expected every month ... and just a historical perspective:
- during the 8 years of President Bush (younger) there were 2.1 million net jobs created in the United States. Of the 2.1 million, 1.8 million of them were in the public sector ... that means there were 300,000 jobs in the private sector in 8 months, in 8 years rather, net ...
more jobs have been created in the United States in the last 4 years than in Europe, Japan, all the industrialized modern world combined. ...
70 years since WWII. 36 years of Republican presidents, 34 years of Democratic presidents. In those 70 years, there were 36.7 million jobs created under Republican presidents ... a little over half the time. In 34 years there were 63.7 million created by Democrats. That's 29 million more. You know, perhaps it's an accident once, or twice or what. But I mean at some point the Democrats ought to be comfort in the fact that they have been better the economy and job creation than have been the opposition.
It's 15 years since we've had 10 consecutive months of over 200,000 [job growth]. Just 15 years ago there was a fella from Arkansas ... there were more jobs created in Bill Clinton's 8 years than there were in Ronald Reagan's 8 years, and the 12 years of both Bush's combined. I mean 6 million more jobs created in those 8 years, ... policy does kick in, & is reflected in the results.” Mark Shields

That's pretty good!

Try the same comparison for who's in charge of Congress.

That's good news but don't count your chickens yet. Thing could still bottom out.
And I am sure you hope they do.

Of course I don't. Do you think I wish pain upon myself? Just the facts here.

Thanks.
Yes.

That's pretty good!

JOBS?

That's pretty good!

Try the same comparison for who's in charge of Congress.
So, good news, congress gets the credit. Bad news, it is the President. Unless of course, the Dems control congress and the republicans control the President. Then it is reversed. Yesterday, it was the President's depression you were hoping for. Now, it bounces back cause of congress.

What facts? What, precisely, did the President do to cause the drop yesterday?

What facts? What, precisely, did the President do to cause the drop yesterday?

Hate to burst your bubble but I'm just a troll. Real conservatives don't act like I did.

"Try the same comparison for who's in charge of Congress." D #46
Here's the title and subtitle of the thread:
Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Davros, Yesterday at 6:46 PM.
FYI:
The DJIA climbing 620 points in one day is not generally consistent with economic depression.

Possible explanations for this mismatch:
- the author doesn't really understand what's driving all this, or
- the author is a partisan Obama basher, caught looking silly

FYI it's China's stock market that was over-valued. This correction was entirely predictable.
And the reports I've read of it indicate to reach a more rational price : earnings ratio, China's market will have to fall further.

China's economy has been called the 2nd biggest on Earth, second only to the U.S. economy.
That has significant implications for trade, and other U.S. economic issues.

But today's 600+ point jump has been attributed to bargain hunting. Prices were so low, wise investors opted to buy (back) in.

Calling this volatility:
the Obama Depression
is silly.
"Try the same comparison for who's in charge of Congress." D #46
I was born in 1954.
I've never seen the GOP in this much disarray.
I don't attribute the ideological chaos entirely to RNC Chair Priebus, or Speaker Boehner (R-OH), or Majority Leader McConnell (R-KY).
They may be weak, ineffectual leaders.

But G "I wanna be a uniter, not a divider" WB has done to his party what he's done to his nation; left it a smoldering crater.
Problem is, the country has a strong and capable leader in President Obama (D-IL).
But the Republicans simply don't. So GWB has left his party in chaos.

And look at the obvious signs of it:
- The GOP has 17 declared presidential candidates, with potentially more on the way.
- More conventional Republican leaders, former governors like JEB!, Jindal, Huckabee, and Kasich twist in the wind with single digit popularity. And a pompous gadfly like Trump leads in both the polls, and in crowd attracting and pleasing. Only Sanders has drawn bigger crowds, and he's not even a Republican.

No.
There's a lot of wishful thinking, and magic wand waving in this thread. But objective reality and statistical quantification tell the objective story.

The general consensus is that the first rate hike will be coming in December. With most pushing for it to be delayed until next year.

We'll see. We saw chicken little hysterics about how the economy would collapse with the end of QE.

Nothing happened.

The new general consensus is a rate hike won't be happening this year. There's even talks of QE 4 lol.

Who is talking of 'QE 4'? Certainly not the Fed. They ended that program almost a year ago. And September looks unlikely. But December is still on deck.

Ummm no it's not on deck. They aren't raising interest rates this year or next year (an election year)

You don't know any of that. September is still pushing one chance in five, with the odds of a reduction this year about 1 in 2. Most analysts seem to think March is the most likely.

Libturd, I'm more in the know than you, it ain't happening. Period.

You know nothing. You're speculating. With your sole basis of evidence at t his point being your own delusions of infallibility.

No thank you.

Who is talking of 'QE 4'? Certainly not the Fed. They ended that program almost a year ago. And September looks unlikely. But December is still on deck.

Ummm no it's not on deck. They aren't raising interest rates this year or next year (an election year)

You don't know any of that. September is still pushing one chance in five, with the odds of a reduction this year about 1 in 2. Most analysts seem to think March is the most likely.

You know nothing. You're speculating. With your sole basis of evidence at t his point being your own delusions of infallibility.

No thank you.

You'll see, the Fed won't be raising rates. And when Biden runs he'll have QE 4 for help, This isn't my first rodeo, libturd.

No thank you.

You'll see, the Fed won't be raising rates. And when Biden runs he'll have QE 4 for help, This isn't my first rodeo, libturd.

All they have to do is raise rates either this year or next.....and you lose.

No thank you.

So I'll bet you they won't....deal??

No thank you.

This year or next? Oh, I'll definitely take that bet.

No thank you.

This year or next? Oh, I'll definitely take that bet.

Both. What do you want to bet?

Forum List

Back