Man dies after being run over by WWII tank on Jelly Belly chairman's property

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
I thought this was the Onion for a second..
The husband of Jelly Belly’s chief executive accidentally crushed a man to death with a World War II-era tank during a reunion on the family’s property in Fairfield, Calif., authorities said.

See the most-read stories this hour >>
The accident occurred about 2:25 p.m. Saturday afternoon on the property of fourth-generation candy maker Herman Rowland Sr. during a family reunion, authorities said. Rowland is a collector of the military vehicles, which he stores in a restoration facility known as “The Tank Barn,” the Daily Republic reported.

Rowland’s daughter, Lisa Rowland Brasher, was named chief executive in March and reports to her father, who is now the company’s chairman. It was her husband, Dwayne Brasher, 62, of Vacaville, who was driving the 1944 M5 tank, authorities said.

The California Highway Patrol said the victim was Kevin Wright, 54, of Suisun City, Calif.

Interested in the stories shaping California? Sign up for the free Essential California newsletter >>

“Our family is grieving over this tragic loss,” Herman Rowland said in a statement. “The gentleman involved in this accident was a passionate person, always ready to lend a hand and we shared the same deep-rooted love of history. To have him die so tragically during our family reunion is impossible to comprehend. We are all still in a state of shock.”
Man dies after being run over by WWII tank on Jelly Belly chairman's property

Obama will use this as an excuse to tread on my 2nd Amendment Rights!

Tragic story, but because it wasn't a child that was killed it didn't leave me with feeling of wanting to beat the crap out of whoever was so irresponsible.

The guy who died was the irresponsible one. he lost his balance and fell in front of the tracks. Tragic but avoidable.

Forum List

Back