Stock Futures Fall After Jobs, Inflation Reports- AP Stock futures are falling ....

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Stock Futures Fall After Jobs, Inflation Reports- AP

Stock futures are falling after new reports showed claims for unemployment benefits rose unexpectedly last week and inflation jumped more than expected in January.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I put enough pressure on Hilda Soliz to stop the outrageous lies that she had to finally try to post numbers close to reality. She still under reported, but it was a step towards the truth after a year of total dishonesty.

The lies in the reporting are no longer so outrageous. Knowing that most states still observe Lincoln and Washington's birthdays individually, the numbers this week were DOWN. They will continue to be under-reported from the states that observe President's day when the numbers come out next week, so we will not know the whole story for two more weeks.

The numbers are always under reported after holidays. Those state workers are not the most industrious about collecting the data when they have a day or two or three off.

SEASONALLY ADJUSTED DATA

In the week ending Feb. 13, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 473,000, an increase of 31,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 442,000.

UNADJUSTED DATA

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 476,730 in the week ending Feb. 13

Ahh yes inflation. The only way out of the recession?

No, but it may be the only way out of a DEFLATIONARY DEPRESSION, which is exactly what this economy is in right now.

When are you people going to understand that inflation isn't the ONLY problem that an economy can have?

SEASONALLY ADJUSTED DATA

In the week ending Feb. 13, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 473,000, an increase of 31,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 442,000.

UNADJUSTED DATA

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 476,730 in the week ending Feb. 13

I note how you avoid mentioning that the unadjusted numbers went DOWN. I don't think I've ever seen you mention the fact when they go down. Yet it also seems that you shout when they go up. Perhaps it's my recollection. Or perhaps not.

No, but it may be the only way out of a DEFLATIONARY DEPRESSION, which is exactly what this economy is in right now.

When are you people going to understand that inflation isn't the ONLY problem that an economy can have?

Yeah but $4/gal gas is not the way for a working person to survive/end a recession.
But that is the mentality of our finiancial eggspurts.

Inflation isn't the only problem, and no one has claimed that in this thread, have they?

Nope. They didn't.

But it most CERTAINLY isn't the fucking ANSWER.

There's no jobs being added, Ed. How do you expect people to survive if prices go UP, and income stays stagnant or continues to decline?

More funny money is not going to solve the problem. You should know better.

Last edited:

Inflation isn't the only problem, and no one has claimed that in this thread, have they?

Nope. They didn't.

But it most CERTAINLY isn't the fucking ANSWER.

There's no jobs being added, Ed. How do you expect people to survive if prices go UP, and income stays stagnant or continues to decline?

More funny money is not going to solve the problem. You should know better.

that was a big part of the problem Average "real" wages were dropping for years. Not nearly enough jobs were being created. And energy and food costs were going thru the roof. All the while the Bushies said the economy was fine.

We're looking at stagflation eventually.

That seems to me to be the outcome with the most potential.

Unless we believe that the Fed will somehow manage to avoid inflation, which history has shown us almost never happens.

Unless we believe that the Fed will somehow manage to avoid inflation, which history has shown us almost never happens.

no. neubarth is right!! we're heading into weimar inflation. Hell, let's amend the constitution banning all corporals from running for President.

no. neubarth is right!! we're heading into weimar inflation. Hell, let's amend the constitution banning all corporals from running for President.

I'm not sure neubarth thinks we're looking at that kind of hyperinflation, that's Terral's belief.

Neubarth thinks we're looking at deflation. Right now we are, but there's a SHITLOAD of money sitting in bank reserves right now.

What just about every mainstream economist wants is for the banks to start lending that money, at which time the potential for serious inflation will be upon us.

And we will all be hoping the Federal Reserve somehow manages to pull off an unprecedented miracle, by exiting from the asset purchases they've been making over the past 18 months with enough precision so as to maintain a stable extinguishment of the new reserves created by those purchases, while banks are simultaneously lending them out.

They've hardly been able to get that right during more NOMINAL exiting of asset purchases throughout history, so what makes us think they'll get THIS right, considering it's without a doubt the most complicated and extensive situation they've ever been in?

I have zero faith, myself. One can only hope they obtain protection from inflation at the right time.

There's a REASON why gold is still sitting at ~$1100 while we're otherwise facing a mostly deflationary economic environment.

The smartest money knows where to be.

SEASONALLY ADJUSTED DATA

UNADJUSTED DATA

I note how you avoid mentioning that the unadjusted numbers went DOWN. I don't think I've ever seen you mention the fact when they go down. Yet it also seems that you shout when they go up. Perhaps it's my recollection. Or perhaps not.

You have to be the craziest piece of shit that I have ever run across on a message board. I have posted the numbers hundreds of times, showing both the rises and the falls. You lie all of the time. Your lies are always outrageously stupid. then you repeat the lies ad infinitum. What a ding bat screwball you make your self to be. Have you ever once told the truth in your life? Have you ever even tried?

I had just finished posting that the numbers were down because of the shortened work week for state employees and then to have your crazy fun, you say that I never say the numbers are down. What a fuckin dork!

Forum List

Back