STIMULUS WATCH: Early road aid leaves out neediest

In my state of Colorado--we will be receiving 3 billion dollars from all of you THANKS!! Just a note to let you know that my state has announced that 500 MILLION of the stimulus will go to build a bridge to a KOA campground.

I imagine we're going to see lots of bridges built to nowhere in the future.

In my state of Colorado--we will be receiving 3 billion dollars from all of you THANKS!! Just a note to let you know that my state has announced that 500 MILLION of the stimulus will go to build a bridge to a KOA campground.

I would hope that the bulk of that money goes to expanding the I-25 corridor between Denver and the Springs.

Well then, I guess it's a good thing all those needy will be helped by the generous charity republicans are always on about.

could you stop being full of shit for a change?
the bridge costs $584,000. not 500 million.
thanks

You posted this bullshit before and couldn't back it up then...can you now?

You are probably the most dishonest poster on this board.

Oreo this has been shot down in another thread most convincingly....

You posted this bullshit before and couldn't back it up then...can you now?

You are probably the most dishonest poster on this board.

I can think of a few like him/her/it...

but reality is:

DENVER (AP) — The $400 million Colorado is getting from the federal stimulus package for transportation will replace a bridge over Interstate 25 and also be used to build bike paths, roundabouts and install traffic signals. But it won't tackle some of the state's most pressing roads needs.

Colorado Department of Transportation director Russ George says there just isn't enough money to pay for the really big projects, such as widening Interstate 70 and adding rail service between Floyd Hill and Idaho Springs. That would cost over $2 billion, and no environmental planning has been done.

So Colorado is focusing its limited dollars on relatively small scale projects. Transportation funding has been tight in recent years, and only the smaller jobs are ready to go.

"That's why we find we can't do the biggest and the best, even though the money is here," said George, the former Republican House speaker appointed by Democratic Gov. Bill Ritter.

Among the shovel-ready projects:

—In southeastern Colorado, U.S. 287 between Campo and Hugo will finally be rebuilt with $16 million of stimulus money. Part of the "Ports to Plains" highway, a trade route envisioned to run from Mexico to Canada, it's been on the drawing board for 13 years.

—Colorado Highway 9 in Breckenridge will get an extra lane in both directions, improved drainage — and a relocated bike path.

—The nearby busy stretch of I-70, which often backs up with ski traffic, will get 14 miles of resurfacing between Vail Pass and Silverthorne, overhauled ramps and electronic warning signs.

A 53-year-old bridge over Interstate 25 south of downtown Denver will be replaced for $43 million, including $22 million in stimulus money. It's one small piece of a $400 million plan to widen and improve a stretch of I-25 made necessary by the massive T-Rex project. Two bridges that span I-25 just south of Alameda are in much worse shape — but their replacements won't be designed until later this year and so didn't qualify for stimulus money.

*More At Link*

Colorado stimulus money won't solve state's biggest highway needs | Greeley Tribune

Counties suffering the most from job losses stand to receive the least help from President Barack Obama's plan to spend billions of stimulus dollars on roads and bridges, an Associated Press analysis has found

The Associated Press: STIMULUS WATCH: Early road aid leaves out neediest

Proof in the delay and the lack of any immediate impact of the stimulus plan is in a major leading economic indicator, 7 day average rail car loadings. These are available on any of the Tier I railroads. They continue to be flat at level pretty much unchanged since late 2008, which are about 65% of normal economic activity of the past 7 years. With most of the stimulus targeted towards "infrastructure" and heavy construction, no one is ordering these materials yet. That was expected as most of the stimulus spending won't kick in until 2010 and later with most AFTER 2012!!!!!

So don't hold your breath waiting for stimulus dollars to do anything for us this year.

New Topics

Forum List

Back