Still think fracking is a good idea?

Because if you do, I guess you're gonna have to go vegan (or, at least eat something other than beef), because apparently, it's not only lighting people's water on fire, it's now creeping into the food source.

In the midst of the domestic energy boom, livestock on farms near oil- and gas-drilling operations nationwide have been quietly falling sick and dying. While scientists have yet to isolate cause and effect, many suspect chemicals used in drilling and hydrofracking (or “fracking”) operations are poisoning animals through the air, water or soil.

Earlier this year, Michelle Bamberger, an Ithaca, N.Y., veterinarian, and Robert Oswald, a professor of molecular medicine at Cornell’s College of Veterinary Medicine, published the first and only peer-reviewed report to suggest a link between fracking and illness in food animals.

The authors compiled 24 case studies of farmers in six shale-gas states whose livestock experienced neurological, reproductive and acute gastrointestinal problems after being exposed — either accidentally or incidentally — to fracking chemicals in the water or air. The article, published in “New Solutions: A Journal of Environmental and Occupational Health,” describes how scores of animals died over the course of several years. Fracking industry proponents challenged the study, since the authors neither identified the farmers nor ran controlled experiments to determine how specific fracking compounds might affect livestock.

The death toll is insignificant when measured against the nation’s livestock population (some 97 million beef cattle go to market each year), but environmental advocates believe these animals constitute an early warning.

Exposed livestock “are making their way into the food system, and it’s very worrisome to us,” Bamberger said. “They live in areas that have tested positive for air, water and soil contamination. Some of these chemicals could appear in milk and meat products made from these animals.”

In Louisiana, 17 cows died after an hour’s exposure to spilled fracking fluid, which is injected miles underground to crack open and release pockets of natural gas. The most likely cause of death: respiratory failure.

In New Mexico, hair testing of sick cattle that grazed near well pads found petroleum residues in 54 of 56 animals.

Livestock falling ill in fracking regions - Open Channel

Yep..............keep getting rid of the regs...........seems to help business, but not the people.

Texas is known primarily for two things . Oil and prime beef. They co-exist beautifully and have done so for 100 years with a minimum of conservation effort and a little common sense.
I suggest to ANYBODY who doesn't like the idea of drilling for oil to throw away their car and SUV keys and fix your mouth for the taste of Arab butt.

Hey, no bicycles either. You have to OIL the chains.
Biker, that means the Bike AND the Battleship have to go, get it??:D

Because if you do, I guess you're gonna have to go vegan (or, at least eat something other than beef), because apparently, it's not only lighting people's water on fire, it's now creeping into the food source.

Yep..............keep getting rid of the regs...........seems to help business, but not the people.

I guess we better shut down all the oil refineries in the country since a cow might graze near one and consume a few drops of oil. While were at it we can shut down all the mines, all the oil rigs, all the gas rigs and all the chemical plants - the later would include all fertilizer plants and all pesticide plants.

Yeah, that will do wonders for our food production. It may drop to 10% of current production, but at least we won't experience a 0.00000001% chance of eating a cow that grazed near one of these things.

Texas is known primarily for two things . Oil and prime beef. They co-exist beautifully and have done so for 100 years with a minimum of conservation effort and a little common sense.
I suggest to ANYBODY who doesn't like the idea of drilling for oil to throw away their car and SUV keys and fix your mouth for the taste of Arab butt.

Hey, no bicycles either. You have to OIL the chains.:D

Actually, smart bicycle riders like to use synthetic lubricants that are paraffin or wax based, because they shed grit and water much better.

So.............keep your bicycles.

In the midst of the domestic energy boom, livestock on farms near oil- and gas-drilling operations nationwide have been quietly falling sick and dying. While scientists have yet to isolate cause and effect, many suspect chemicals used in drilling and hydrofracking (or “fracking”) operations are poisoning animals through the air, water or soil.

Earlier this year, Michelle Bamberger, an Ithaca, N.Y., veterinarian, and Robert Oswald, a professor of molecular medicine at Cornell’s College of Veterinary Medicine, published the first and only peer-reviewed report to suggest a link between fracking and illness in food animals.

The authors compiled 24 case studies of farmers in six shale-gas states whose livestock experienced neurological, reproductive and acute gastrointestinal problems after being exposed — either accidentally or incidentally — to fracking chemicals in the water or air. The article, published in “New Solutions: A Journal of Environmental and Occupational Health,” describes how scores of animals died over the course of several years. Fracking industry proponents challenged the study, since the authors neither identified the farmers nor ran controlled experiments to determine how specific fracking compounds might affect livestock.

The death toll is insignificant when measured against the nation’s livestock population (some 97 million beef cattle go to market each year), but environmental advocates believe these animals constitute an early warning.

Exposed livestock “are making their way into the food system, and it’s very worrisome to us,” Bamberger said. “They live in areas that have tested positive for air, water and soil contamination. Some of these chemicals could appear in milk and meat products made from these animals.”

In Louisiana, 17 cows died after an hour’s exposure to spilled fracking fluid, which is injected miles underground to crack open and release pockets of natural gas. The most likely cause of death: respiratory failure.

In New Mexico, hair testing of sick cattle that grazed near well pads found petroleum residues in 54 of 56 animals.

This is an issue for the USDA and Food and Drug to take care of and monitor. AS FOR FRACKING, FREAKING YES I SUPPORT IT!

If you don't like it then pack your bags and get the hell out of America.

This is an issue for the USDA and Food and Drug to take care of and monitor. AS FOR FRACKING, FREAKING YES I SUPPORT IT!

When fracking first started, the only fluid they shot down the pipe was water. Now? Because corporations are looking for "better" ways to do things (meaning more efficient for them, but not necessarily good for the environment), they decided to drop lots of chemicals into the mixture like toulene and benzine.

And...............why shouldn't I have a say? This is America, and because I gave 20 years of my life to it's defense in the U.S. Navy, I believe I've earned my right to say what I think.

Chesapeake Testing

Chesapeake Energy Corp. (CHK), the second- largest U.S. natural gas producer, is testing hydraulic- fracturing fluids composed solely of environmentally-benign components in wells.

Chesapeake plans to develop a 100 percent green mixture of fluids used to fracture gas and oil formations underground, Jody C. Jones, the company’s manager of environmental and regulatory affairs, said today during a gathering of energy-industry executives in Columbus, Ohio.

Chesapeake Testing

Chesapeake Energy Corp. (CHK), the second- largest U.S. natural gas producer, is testing hydraulic- fracturing fluids composed solely of environmentally-benign components in wells.

Chesapeake plans to develop a 100 percent green mixture of fluids used to fracture gas and oil formations underground, Jody C. Jones, the company’s manager of environmental and regulatory affairs, said today during a gathering of energy-industry executives in Columbus, Ohio.

Notice that it's only in TESTING? Right now, the crap they're currently using makes people's well water flammable and toxic.

I guess we better shut down all the oil refineries in the country since a cow might graze near one and consume a few drops of oil. While were at it we can shut down all the mines, all the oil rigs, all the gas rigs and all the chemical plants - the later would include all fertilizer plants and all pesticide plants.

Yeah, that will do wonders for our food production. It may drop to 10% of current production, but at least we won't experience a 0.00000001% chance of eating a cow that grazed near one of these things.

Hey, no bicycles either. You have to OIL the chains.:D

Actually, smart bicycle riders like to use synthetic lubricants that are paraffin or wax based, because they shed grit and water much better.

So.............keep your bicycles.

But other than riding your oil-free-bike you are walking everywhere, right? And you are also making do without ALL the other products listed.

Last edited:

When fracking first started, the only fluid they shot down the pipe was water. Now? Because corporations are looking for "better" ways to do things (meaning more efficient for them, but not necessarily good for the environment), they decided to drop lots of chemicals into the mixture like toulene and benzine.

And...............why shouldn't I have a say? This is America, and because I gave 20 years of my life to it's defense in the U.S. Navy, I believe I've earned my right to say what I think.

What did your vessel run on, Sailor? Koolaid?

Chesapeake Testing

Notice that it's only in TESTING? Right now, the crap they're currently using makes people's well water flammable and toxic.

So in your mind, even though you concede they are testing different ways to extract the oil you still have no patience with the process, right? How many people do you know whose water has spontaineously combusted lately? How many times has the beef you've eaten made you sick??

You know what I think? I think you saw an article in the loopty- scoopty news, didn't check it for veracity and just ran with it.
You know, if you just have to be mad about energy issues how about your tax-dollars going to Obama and his cronies for Solyndra? now THERE'S something to be mad about.

Chesapeake Testing

Yes.

:eusa_shifty:

So don't put int into your water well.

Its pretty simple, and has been happening for decades. The fluid is injected about a mile BELOW the water table, through several casings of steel and concrete.

Crying wolf about this allows other, REAL issues to go unnoticed....Like tons of metal flying over your head right now that could fall at any moment onto your home and children,

Thousands could die!!!

The CHILDREN!!!! THE CHILDREN!!!!

I understand that IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE!!!!

Let's ban airplanes,

Actually, if you check out the earthquakes that are 3.0 or less, you'll find that most of them are nowhere around fault lines.

However................................

They ARE around fracking wells.

Were there earthquakes at 3.0 or less not on fault lines before fracking was ever even thought of? If they have, then there are a great many possible reasons for the earthquakes that you must first consider before you immediately rush to your particular political gripe.

There are thousands upon thousands of 3.0 earthquakes every year. Furthermore, the damage from such an earthquake is exactly zero.

Once again, the liberal turds are making much adoo about nothing.

Since you have nothing intelligent to post (ever) please seek attention somewhere else.

What "good idea" has Obama had to date for creating thousands of jobs, driving down unemployment rates in the oil/gas states, firing up local economies, reducing the trade deficit, improving the balance of payments, contributing to our nation's energy security, contributing to the GDP, generating tax revenues, etc., etc....

Good idea? Fuck yes.

Let Obama keep throwing our tax dollars at failed enterprises. He should just step the fuck aside and let the real job creators do their job.

Chesapeake Testing

Yes.

:eusa_shifty:

So don't put int into your water well.

Its pretty simple, and has been happening for decades. The fluid is injected about a mile BELOW the water table, through several casings of steel and concrete.

Crying wolf about this allows other, REAL issues to go unnoticed....Like tons of metal flying over your head right now that could fall at any moment onto your home and children,

Thousands could die!!!

The CHILDREN!!!! THE CHILDREN!!!!

I understand that IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE!!!!

Let's ban airplanes,

I used to think these 'chicken little' libs were funny until I realized what a planned detraction they were to the main issues.
The children indeed. What a load of horse pucky.:D

Since enviro weenies and PETA activists are often the same group of people, I just have to share this one...blew coffee out my nose...

“Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong.”

Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) – Local and state police scoured the hills
outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend.

PETA Crashes Biker Gathering… Not to be missed… | Rightlinks Blog – Because I didn't fight communism in Vietnam so that I could surrender to communism in America…

“They peed on me!!!” charged one activist. “They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me ‘La Trene’ and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!”

Since enviro weenies and PETA activists are often the same group of people, I just have to share this one...blew coffee out my nose...

“Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong.”

Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) – Local and state police scoured the hills
outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend.

PETA Crashes Biker Gathering… Not to be missed… | Rightlinks Blog – Because I didn't fight communism in Vietnam so that I could surrender to communism in America…

My club just did a toy run yesterday. Bikes stretched out for about a mile and leather as far as you could see. A few peta activists would have made a fine diversion after we finished handing out toys to kids who were otherwise going to have a sparce Christmas.

Were there earthquakes at 3.0 or less not on fault lines before fracking was ever even thought of? If they have, then there are a great many possible reasons for the earthquakes that you must first consider before you immediately rush to your particular political gripe.

There are thousands upon thousands of 3.0 earthquakes every year. Furthermore, the damage from such an earthquake is exactly zero.

Once again, the liberal turds are making much adoo about nothing.

Since you have nothing intelligent to post (ever) please seek attention somewhere else.

What he posted is accurate. 3.0 quakes are so mild that you have to be particularly sensitive to detect them. It would take thousands of them to equal the energy of a single 7.0 quake.

In point of fact geologists have long thought of injecting water into strike slip faults to encourage lots of minor quakes thus releasing the energy so that a big quake doesn't occur.

Chesapeake Testing

So in your mind, even though you concede they are testing different ways to extract the oil you still have no patience with the process, right? How many people do you know whose water has spontaineously combusted lately? How many times has the beef you've eaten made you sick??

You know what I think? I think you saw an article in the loopty- scoopty news, didn't check it for veracity and just ran with it.
You know, if you just have to be mad about energy issues how about your tax-dollars going to Obama and his cronies for Solyndra? now THERE'S something to be mad about.

How many people do I know? None, I don't live in those areas, but I do hear the news stories that show people's houses with flaming water and seeing beef cows that look like they've been smoking meth.

As far as Solyndra? Got any REAL news stories showing that Obama spent tax dollars for his friends? All that bullshit has been debunked.

How many people do I know? None, I don't live in those areas, but I do hear the news stories that show people's houses with flaming water and seeing beef cows that look like they've been smoking meth.

As far as Solyndra? Got any REAL news stories showing that Obama spent tax dollars for his friends? All that bullshit has been debunked.

Oh, I think not. Obama's buddies got the money they wanted and the company went tits up after they got theirs back.

There's lots more but you have to be willing to admit to yourself that they are all corrupt...repubs and dems alike. They ALL suck and don't give a shit about the little people. As soon as you realize that you will begin to figure out how they are all out screwing you and yours to make themselves rich.

"By ROBERT EVATT World Staff Writer
Published: 9/7/2011 2:26 AM
Last Modified: 9/12/2011 2:27 PM

Solyndra LLC, a solar panel maker with significant backing from the U.S. Department of Energy as well as the investment arm of the George Kaiser Family Foundation, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Tuesday.

The expected filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Del., indicated that the Fremont, Calif.-based company has between $500 million and $1 billion in both assets and debts. More than $783 million of the debt was senior and secured, following a February restructuring, the closely held company said.

The filing indicates that Argonaut Ventures, an investment arm of the Tulsa-based foundation, holds almost 39 percent of Solyndra's parent, 360 Solar Degree Holdings Inc.

In an emailed statement to the Tulsa World, a representative of the George Kaiser Family Foundation said the organization made the investment through Argonaut.

"George Kaiser is not an investor in Solyndra and did not participate in any discussions with the U.S. government regarding the loan," the statement said. "GKFF invests in a globally diversified portfolio across many different asset classes."

George Kaiser is chairman of BOK Financial Corp. and owner of Kaiser-Francis Oil Co. Argonaut is headed by Steve Mitchell, who also served on Solyndra's board of directors.

Solyndra received a loan guarantee of $535 million from the Department of Energy, of which the company has borrowed $527 million. "

Solar panel firm Solyndra files for bankruptcy | Tulsa World

Forum List

Back