drought, usa

I thought AGW caused the snowfall in New York?

Can we send the drought areas some of our AGW?

Living here in Las Vegas, I'm fully aware of the drought as Lake Mead shows just how little runoff we've received into the Colorado River.

Here's a picture from the Overton Arm of the lake:

images

And, of course, there's the signature picture that shows just how low the lake is:

images

The truth is that we would need record showfalls in the Rockie Mountains ten years in a row to even start to restore the water levels at all of the reservoirs in the Colorado Basin.

Another problem is, that when it DOES rain, it often ends up flooding the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers and there are no similar dams to store it as is the case with the Colorado.

Flood or drought. It never seems to level out, does it?

:confused:

Last edited:
hottest year on record...record droughts.....record temps....i wonder what this upcoming year will be like....we should be much colder by now but had early snowfall?

Yep, we are certainly in a cold/dry climate cycle.

hottest year on record...record droughts.....record temps....i wonder what this upcoming year will be like....we should be much colder by now but had early snowfall?

Hi Bones,

No record temps save in the feverish minds of some bad scientists. The UK's Met Office had to finallt admit there has been no warming for the last 16 years. The "record" temps of last year were wholly manufactured by Hansen and Co.

The reality was far different.

i am a true believer that when mother nature or mother earth has had enough of us...she will find a way to balance....it all with a pandemic of some sort similar to the flu of 1917

i am a true believer that when mother nature or mother earth has had enough of us...she will find a way to balance....it all with a pandemic of some sort similar to the flu of 1917

Me too. Mother Nature doesn't like to be screwed with and her punishments are profound.
I hear Her in the kitchen at this minute.

David Blume says giant Kelp Farms can replace twice the amount of gasoline that we use in the USA every year. They can prevent dead zones, cool the ocean, slow hurricanes, reduce carbon in air & ocean.

Last edited:
Hi Bones,

No record temps save in the feverish minds of some bad scientists. The UK's Met Office had to finallt admit there has been no warming for the last 16 years. The "record" temps of last year were wholly manufactured by Hansen and Co.

Still trying to peddle your BS to the gullible, eh walleyedretard? You poor delusional crackpot. The UK's Met Office did not say that there has been no warming for the last 16 years. That's another denier cult lie. Why do keep on repeating these totally debunked denier cult myths. BTW, you are far too brainwashed and retarded to have any clue as to what "the reality" of the situation actually is, as you have conclusively demonstrated times without number.

U.S. Heads for Warmest Year Recorded in Lower 48 States
Bloomberg
By Alex Morales
Nov 28, 2012
(excerpts)
The U.S. is about to register the warmest year on record in the lower 48 states, and the world its ninth-hottest, a United Nations agency said in a report, adding new urgency to the quest to control global warming. Two-thirds of the U.S. states suffered drought this year, while heat waves hit across Europe and in Morocco, Jordan, China and Russia, the World Meteorological Organization said in a report released in Doha, where UN climate talks began this week. It noted Arctic sea ice shrank to its smallest on record. “The alarming rate of its melt this year highlighted the far reaching changes taking place on Earth’s oceans and biosphere,” WMO Secretary-General Michel Jarraud said in a statement. “Climate change is taking place before our eyes and will continue to do so as a result of the concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, which have risen constantly and again reached new records.” “Naturally occurring climate variability due to phenomena such as El Nino and La Nina impact on temperatures and precipitation on a seasonal to annual scale,” said Jarraud. “But they do not alter the underlying long-term trend of rising temperatures due to climate change as a result of human activities.”

Record High Temperatures of 2012 | The Heat Index
LiveScience
22 August 2012

June Heat Wave Broke 3,215 Temperature Records

Brutal July heat a new U.S. record
CNN

What Cornfields Show, Data Now Confirm: July Set Mark as U.S.’s Hottest Month
The New York Times
By JOANNA M. FOSTER
Published: August 8, 2012
(excerpts)
It may come as little surprise to the nation’s corn farmers or resort operators, but the official statistics are in: July was the hottest month in the lower 48 states since the government began keeping temperature records in 1895. The average temperature last month was 77.6 degrees — 3.3 degrees above the average 20th-century temperature, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported on Wednesday. Higher-than-average temperatures gripped much of the country last month, with the biggest departures from the 20th-century average reported across most of the Plains, in the Midwest and along the Eastern Seaboard, the agency’s report said. Virginia had its warmest July on record, with the average temperature four degrees above the norm, it added. A hot July also contributed to the warmest 12-month period ever recorded in the United States, the statistics showed. Climatologists at the agency noted that by the end of the month, about 63 percent of the nation was experiencing drought conditions, which contributed to the high temperatures.

Hi Bones,

Idiot!

March 2012 - Warmest Ever

Forum List

Back