Steve Jobs Takes Medical Leave

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Breaking news:

Team,

At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple's day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.

Steve

Steve Jobs Taking Medical Leave Of Absence

Considering his past history of pancreatic cancer and a liver transplant, this is extra worrisome.

Good luck Steve.

Breaking news:

Team,

At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple's day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.

Steve

Steve Jobs Taking Medical Leave Of Absence

Considering his past history of pancreatic cancer and a liver transplant, this is extra worrisome.

Good luck Steve.

Not good at all, I'm afraid.

I've grown to respect Jobs more (I worked loosely with Microsoft for a good while, and he was always thought of as the petulant, rebellious loser, but a formidable opponent).

It will be interesting, and I think sad, to see Apple's progression without the vision of Steve Jobs. As quirky as he is, he is a true genius, and he "gets human nature" as much as he "gets technology."

Better people skills, and he could have been King of the World.

I wish him well, and hope that this is a temporary leave. I am learning to love my Apple toys :)

Apple will survive without Jobs. It's a large organization with a great many talented people.

Apple will survive without Jobs. It's a large organization with a great many talented people.

I think they will suffer some though, without his vision. There is a whole sea of sharks below him that think they know better, and it has been his unquestionable authority that has made Apple's marketing so successful.

I think they'll undoubtedly suffer some, hopefully for a brief time, but I REALLY hope we don't have to find out very soon.

I think they will suffer some though, without his vision. There is a whole sea of sharks below him that think they know better, and it has been his unquestionable authority that has made Apple's marketing so successful.

I think they'll undoubtedly suffer some, hopefully for a brief time, but I REALLY hope we don't have to find out very soon.

Yep, this. Jobs is sort of a messiah figure to Appleists.
But they will still have China making hardware for them so they will survive.

Yes, they'll suffer. He's a highly visible leader - and the stock price will take a hit as well. But the company's fundamentals will still be strong and they'll recover.

I had a feeling something was going on when Tim Cook had such a prominent role at the Verizon-iPhone announcement event. Some Apple shareholders have been pressuring the company to announce a CEO succession plan. The company should do this.

Forum List

Back