Steve Gardner was there with Kerry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ScreamingEagle, Aug 9, 2004.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Steve Gardner ACTUALLY served under Kerry on his Swift Boat for the first 2 months of the 4 short months that Kerry served in Vietnam. He is a member of the Swift Boat vets group putting on the ad.

He says that when they attacked a sampan they killed a man who had raised a gun at them and a boy (probably the man's son). He said that Kerry reported that there were an extra 4 people on the sampan which did not exist. He said that Kerry also did not report that they had killed a boy.

Gardner also says that they were never in Cambodia on the Swift boat as Kerry claimed. He states that the Swift Boats were not sent into the Cambodia area.

O'Reilly had him on his show today but barely allowed the guy to state his case and then proceeded to give a spiel about being fair to both sides which just was a bunch of hot air and did not address Garder's accusations in any depth or meaningful way.

2. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Where was Bush when all this was going on? Oh that's right, he was **********edited by moderator************

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,187

First, id like to see you back that up.

Second, its irrelevant. Kerry is using his Vietnam service as a reason to elect him president. Members of his own crew and unit are claiming that his version of his vietnam service is innaccurate.

If you are going to say something, deal with the testimony that contradicts Kerry. If you cant refute it, just keep your mouth shut, you just make yourself look dumber otherwise.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    You of course have something to back this up with? Link, something?

5. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I never look dumb, you should know that by now. As I've said many times already, this is an assinine strategy to use against Kerry. Kerry risked his life defending his country, Bush did not. That's all there is to this, it will backfire on Bush.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Trust me, you do look dumb. We do know that and you have written a slanderous post. Now, if you have nothing to back this up, why don't you edit or delete, so I don't have to?

7. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Hey, if everyone can throw around some smut about Kerry, why can't I do the same about Bush without getting my post "edited"? You really want me to go find you a link with the same level of substance as the crap previously posted about Kerry? There's a few thousand out there. Which one do you want?

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,187
    Again you ignore the fact that Bush flew in one of the most dangerous planes in the military at the time and every time he got in for training he risked his life for his country. You also ignore the fact that he could have been deployed at any time.

And of course you ignore the fact that Kerry volunteered for the swift boats because they werent going to be in harms way. It wasnt until after Kerry got the assignment that they put sent them into hostile areas. then you ignore the fact that Kerry is basing his claim on the Presidency on his four months in Vietnam, hence any eye witnesses that contradict Kerry's account of what happened are completely relevant to the discussion since its Kerry himself that brought the topic up. If Bush was running on his National Guard service you might have an argument. He isnt. President Bush is running on the fact that because of his administration two nations have been liberated and three hostile nations are now at the negociation table.

Again its better to be silent and been seen as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

9. Tom E

Tom E Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I agree smirk does look dumb slandering someone like that. :slap:

To get back to the subject of breakfest food ( waffles ) Kerry in his new book states that he was someplace else during Christmas, not in Cambodia as he testified in Congress.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Yep. something that backs up:
    Substantial source, not an echo.