Stella Stevens Dies At Age 84.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
Stella Stevens, a prominent leading lady in 1960s and 70s comedies perhaps best known for playing the object of Jerry Lewis’s affection in “The Nutty Professor,” has died. She was 84.

Stevens’ estate said she died Friday in Los Angeles after a long illness.

Born Estelle Caro Eggleston in Yazoo City, Mississippi in 1938, she married at 16 and gave birth to her first and only child, actor/producer Andrew Stevens in 1955 when she was 17, and divorced two years later. She started acting and modeling during her time at Memphis State University and made her film debut in a minor role in the Bing Crosby musical “Say One for Me” in 1959, but she considered “Li’l Abner” her big break.

I remember my late Mother would baby sit Ms. Stevens son Andrew a few times. Most women in Memphis at the time wanted nothing to do Ms. Stevens because she posed for Playboy back in the day. He was a shy and kind of awkward. I never met her, but I know my Dad a copy of the mag she posed in.

OIP.XldZgBnbMVOMsKKSBP5xvwHaKr

OIP.6muYWlToQaeBAzP8c1szMgAAAA

OIP.HAOB2_EC1NznDHU7C0NBDQHaJh

Well, I'm almost 72. I remember Stella and Raquel. They were mega and I hate to see them go but I'm sure that God has an appropriate plan for them. I'm just thankful that I had the opportunity to be entertained by them. This is my fairly uninformed witness to the value of their lives. I just hope God sees as much in them as little old me.

Good actress. I remember going to the movies two weekends in a row to see "The Nutty Professor".

May she RIP.

Forum List

Back