steal from the rich to give to the......(not poor)

I came from poor.

I goofed off too much in school, just barely getting by. After graduating HS I worked in construction and partied my ass off. When the construction industry was destroyed by Jimmy Carter, I joined the Navy. The military taught me to be responsible for myself. I got out, I went to college, I achieved an 3.82 GPA, went to work full time after that and went to more schooling at the same time (no partying). I achieved my RRT, and my RN degree, and went to school more to be a perfusionist. I could go to more schooling, especially now that my kids are grown, but I'm happy with what I make annually and with my position in life. So I choose not to work to get richer.

Had I not goofed off in school, had I not waited and played around till I was 20 before I went into the service, i might have been a doctor and make more than I do now. It's my fault that I didn't. it isn't the fault of some corporation, it isn't the fault of the rich 1%, and none of them get the credit for the success that I do have.

There is no excuse for anyone in this country to be poor. if you are poor, one look in the mirror will show you who is to blame.
What does a "perfusionist" do?

I came from poor.

I goofed off too much in school, just barely getting by. After graduating HS I worked in construction and partied my ass off. When the construction industry was destroyed by Jimmy Carter, I joined the Navy. The military taught me to be responsible for myself. I got out, I went to college, I achieved an 3.82 GPA, went to work full time after that and went to more schooling at the same time (no partying). I achieved my RRT, and my RN degree, and went to school more to be a perfusionist. I could go to more schooling, especially now that my kids are grown, but I'm happy with what I make annually and with my position in life. So I choose not to work to get richer.

Had I not goofed off in school, had I not waited and played around till I was 20 before I went into the service, i might have been a doctor and make more than I do now. It's my fault that I didn't. it isn't the fault of some corporation, it isn't the fault of the rich 1%, and none of them get the credit for the success that I do have.

There is no excuse for anyone in this country to be poor. if you are poor, one look in the mirror will show you who is to blame.

You are the quintessential American success story. Many on the left would have you believe your a victim.

I'm glad to have met you.

Kudos :clap2:
Libs will show disdain as well. Libs abhor individualism. They disbelieve the idea of American Exceptionalism.

In my opinion, the goal of advancing the middle class is more honorable and morally better than advancing the rich. And, not just in my opinion but in demonstrable FACT, that's also better for the economy.

I would tend to agree with your last statement and I would suggest that most Republicans do as well...it's the method that Democrats employ that is the issue. You don't advance the middle class simply by raping the rich and re-distributing wealth. You do it by creating an environment where the middle class (or poor) has greater opportunity to accomplish it themselves. We already have a poor class that is dependent upon government for their survival. We don't need a middle class stuck in that situation as well.

Not to mention the fact that the left really doesn't do a lot for the middle class. When the left attempts to "rape the rich", they give bits and pieces to the poor while keeping the vast majority of the profits for themselves. The poor never get out of being poor. The left makes sure of that. The left offers just enough handouts to satisfy their base, but never enough to solve the problem.

The left's philosophy is no hand ups just hand outs.

Immie

Businesses pay appropriate wages.

That's either a tautology or a meaningless statement, depending on what you mean by "appropriate." Either way, it has nothing to do with this conversation.

Tell ya what....I challenge you or anyone else on your side to use your own money to start and operate a business.

LOL I am a business owner you presumptuous twit. But of course that's not really what you meant.

Pay your people what you now on the outside looking in believe should be an appropriate wage.

The problem is in the system, of course, not in the adaptation to it made by any individual business. Or did you think any ONE small business had the power to set the rules of the economic game for the entire country?

Taxing one more to enable another to keep more is a transfer of wealth. Period.

Not necessarily. Maybe it's just a readjustment for a scheme that is more effective and provides for more economic strength.

And I do support ending ALL subsidies. Corn, oil, wind, solar.... All of it.

So what do you think about the tax plans offered by some of the GOP candidates, like Cain's 9-9-9 plan, or Perry's flat tax option plan?

Taxing one more to enable another to keep more is a transfer of wealth. Period.

Not necessarily. Maybe it's just a readjustment for a scheme that is more effective and provides for more economic strength.

And I do support ending ALL subsidies. Corn, oil, wind, solar.... All of it.

So what do you think about the tax plans offered by some of the GOP candidates, like Cain's 9-9-9 plan, or Perry's flat tax option plan?

I am all for a flat tax. But individual tax plans put forth by any candidate is moot as congress writes tax law not the president.

What does a "perfusionist" do?

They operate heart-lung machines that are used in heart surgery. The machine allows the heart to be bypassed by the flow of blood, which subsequently allows the heart to be stopped during the duration of surgery. It's very cool stuff and a nice pay check for those who are interested/cut out for it.

I am all for a flat tax.

A flat tax would, compared to the current system, tax the middle class more and tax the rich less. So, by the exact same logic you've displayed in your OP, it would be STEALING from the middle class to give to the rich.

Can't have it both ways, Gramps!

I am all for a flat tax.

A flat tax would, compared to the current system, tax the middle class more and tax the rich less. So, by the exact same logic you've displayed in your OP, it would be STEALING from the middle class to give to the rich.

Can't have it both ways, Gramps!

Any change in the tax code is going to seem proportionally unfair to someone. But rewriting the tax code for everyone in the interest of fairness and equity vs ability is far from the same as "targeting" one group as the senate is trying to do.

On an unrelated note I have an estimate to go so so ill see Yall later.

I am all for a flat tax. But individual tax plans put forth by any candidate is moot as congress writes tax law not the president.

Of course Congress would have to legislate it before it could ever happen. But that's not really the point. So you support a flat tax. Implementing such a plan would increase taxation on lower earners in favor of "giving" more back to higher earners. So, as it turns out, you don't object to all instances of taxing someone more so that someone else can be taxed less.

When Ron Paul ran in 2008 he pointed out that if the Federal Government were to return to 2000 spending levels, there would be no need for a Federal Income Tax. I'm sure the same is true today.

Democrats clearly hate the rich and despise their success. Now they want to take from the rich to give to the MIDDLE CLASS on a payroll tax cut.

It's no longer for the poor. They simply want to punish the rich at every opportunity.

Here's a novel idea......CUT THE FUCKING SPENDING!

Democrats in DC should be known as the Real Houswives of DC.

Bout time....

Both ends of the political spectrum have been helping either the ultra wealthy or the poor

Meanwhile, the standard of living of the middle class has declined with stagnant wages and rising, housing, energy, healthcare and education costs eroding the American Dream

The Forbes 400 billionaires are paying taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us.

Is that fair?

Forum List

Back