Steak Marinade

JOKER96BRAVO said:
To each his own.
Sorry I got a little "heated" in this topic.
Totally uncalled for.

It's okay Joker to admit you've been duped this whole time into thinking that Marinades dry out meats... :)

We have all recieved bad cooking information over the years...

Hell, I was raised up thinking that Round Steaks cooked on Medium heat which turned out like Shoe Leather was "good eats"...

-Cp said:
It's okay Joker to admit you've been duped this whole time into thinking that Marinades dry out meats... :)

We have all recieved bad cooking information over the years...

Hell, I was raised up thinking that Round Steaks cooked on Medium heat which turned out like Shoe Leather was "good eats"...
Not dry up meat, remove the blood and soften up the fat.
I'm still convinced of this.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
And you would be correct, sir.

Now shall we move on to who thinks catsup or anyother sauce is normal and should be used on a steak? LOL:tng:

JOKER96BRAVO said:

i agree.....a good piece of meat cooked properly needs no marinade

JOKER96BRAVO said:

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Yes...Don't marinate.
Use a dry rub instead, marinating takes the natural juices away from the
steak.

Folks used to be "convinced" the Earth was flat too....

manu1959 said:

That's sorta like saying ice cream needs no chocolate syrup...or a Car needs no increased HP...

People don't marinate because steak NEEDS it - they marinate to kick-it-up a notch. It's a false high-ground to take the stand that marinades are 'bad' for steaks.

You REALLY - You ALL REALLY - need to get some of Doug's Meat in your mouth. His marinaded Spicy Tri-Tip is AMAZING. Is the tri-tip good as-is? Sure. But geesh - don't be so pretentious.

:)

manu1959 said:

The implication of this thread was that it wasn't the finest cut of beef....

Many folks have said what you just said throughout this thread..

dmp said:
That's sorta like saying ice cream needs no chocolate syrup...or a Car needs no increased HP...

People don't marinate because steak NEEDS it - they marinate to kick-it-up a notch. It's a false high-ground to take the stand that marinades are 'bad' for steaks.

You REALLY - You ALL REALLY - need to get some of Doug's Meat in your mouth. His marinaded Spicy Tri-Tip is AMAZING. Is the tri-tip good as-is? Sure. But geesh - don't be so pretentious.

Yeah, no kidding..... prolly the same folks that pick out "Plain Vanilla" Ice Cream when Chocolate Mud Pie is right next to it in the store's freezer... jeesh... what's the matter w/ folks these days? :p

dmp said:

good gellato needs no chocolate syrup and a good car needs no boost

as for doug's meat....hey amn didn't htink you swang that way....

psssssssssssssssst....don't take everything i say so seriously

Y'all made me really hungry..it's gonna be..bbq rib eye with garlic salt,pepper and maybe a little sage to spice it up...bbq corn on the cob too...the sun is out the tourist are out and i'm gonna make em' hungry so they shop till they drop in my little town...the Moto- Cross is in full swing for the weekend...gonna be a hot time in the little town tonight...Where are you Pale?

-Cp said:
The implication of this thread was that it wasn't the finest cut of beef....

Many folks have said what you just said throughout this thread..

oh A1 fixes that :teeth:

dmp said:

I'm only stating that I prefere Dry rub to marinade.

manu1959 said:
good gellato needs no chocolate syrup and a good car needs no boost

as for doug's meat....hey amn didn't htink you swang that way....

psssssssssssssssst....don't take everything i say so seriously

'needs'. Again - Marinade is there to HELP...like Salt on French Fries...or baby oil on a hot, petite blonde woman gymnist.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I'm only stating that I prefere Dry rub to marinade.

Without speaking for Duane; I think his point is "It's okay to NOT like marinade - just 'don't like it' for the right reasons."

TRY a good marinade...maybe you'll like it? :D

You have your options Jeff.
Try them all and pick what you like best.
Hell make your own recipe and come back to fight with us.

-Cp said:
Yeah, no kidding..... prolly the same folks that pick out "Plain Vanilla" Ice Cream when Chocolate Mud Pie is right next to it in the store's freezer... jeesh... what's the matter w/ folks these days? :p

Mary does that stuff. Pisses me off.

-Cp said:
At the same time, there's nothing wrong with enjoying purity/simplicity. Both have their places.

My dad makes a mean prime rib, and it's very simple. All in the proportions: Coarse black pepper, Sea Salt, and garlic power/minched garlic.

Absolutely stellar.

I was raised with dry rub steaks, that marinated steaks were cheating. But I think that's just because my dad's a grill snob. Chicken marinades. Steak doesn't. Although I'm sure it could be good.

Forum List

Back