States With Legal Medical Marijuana See ‘Significant And Sizable’ Reductions In Health Insurance Premiums, Study Finds

Here's the level at which alcohol will kill you...

• BAC Over 0.40%: This is a potentially fatal blood alcohol level. You’re at risk of coma and death from respiratory arrest (absence of breathing).

Blood Alcohol Content (BAC): What It Is & Levels.

Post the corresponding level for cannabis....

With a source.
^ The rotted brain spews again. :)

When I thought you were a confused teenager - the type of undeveloped mind that would post such a ridiculous and irrelevant challenge - I felt sorry for you.

But now that you’ve revealed upthread that you’re in your seventies, you genuinely repulse me.

Boomers are widely despised for a reason. :)

Pot is INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive, and those who pimp it are close to the lowest form of human life.

Last edited:
Some light reading:

MSN

This isn’t the first study by Northwestern Medicine that found a link between marijuana and its calamitous effects on people.

In 2013, it discovered the link between regular use of marijuana and abnormal changes in brain structure “related to working memory.” It revealed that such irregularities correlate with “a poor working memory performance” that resembles “schizophrenia-related brain abnormalities.”

Additionally, these problems contribute to poor performance “on memory tasks,” which, in turn, can lead to “poor academic performance and everyday functioning.” The study was another example of why any push to legalize marijuana is ill-advised.

Too late for the long-term addict perhaps, but maybe some can be saved.

Some light reading:

MSN

This isn’t the first study by Northwestern Medicine that found a link between marijuana and its calamitous effects on people.

In 2013, it discovered the link between regular use of marijuana and abnormal changes in brain structure “related to working memory.” It revealed that such irregularities correlate with “a poor working memory performance” that resembles “schizophrenia-related brain abnormalities.”

Additionally, these problems contribute to poor performance “on memory tasks,” which, in turn, can lead to “poor academic performance and everyday functioning.” The study was another example of why any push to legalize marijuana is ill-advised.

Too late for the long-term addict perhaps, but maybe some can be saved.
Yes, decades of chronic use will affect memory, proven from personal experience with cannabis-addicted friends. Feminization of the gonads is an accompaniment. In the latter case, cannabis targets androgen receptors.

obviously with you and the OP…we’re dealing with people who have never been around those who have had their lives destroyed by pot…but of course you don’t care…too busy toking/pimping for it...
how many lives have been destroyed by alcohol?.....by fentenal?.....by meth?.....how many were slowly dying smoking cigarettes until they did go?....how many lives have been destroyed by being in the wrong place at the wrong time and have been gunned down by some asswipe with a gun shooting it at random?......when you have an answer let me know.....

Some good points, but alcohol consumption is generally MUCH safer.
Not where my personal experience is concerned. I took much greater risks as a drinker. I tended to drive more often. I tended to get into altercations with others more often. With pot, I was a lump on a log and perfectly content to remain static, in a safe place. Booze brought with it a sense of adventure that required me to go to bars and parties. It wasn't uncommon for me to drive blind drunk; shoot a gun into the sky; challenge someone to a fight; etc.

They really didn't explain why this is the case. Even in states with a total pot ban you can still get pot fairly easy.
Patients are given safe access to reliable alternatives to opioids and other dangerous alternatives.
Safe alternatives keeps people out of the market for heroin and fentanyl.
Fewer ODs, fewer treatments for opioid dependency.

Lots of people avoid the pot markets because it is illegal but when they're hooked on opioids, laws don't matter.

How stupid are you? The less medical care given, the cheaper the costs to insurance companies, which allows them to provide cheaper insurance rates, all due to people being stoned out of their ass.
People using medical marijuana go to a doctor to obtain a prescription.
They go after standard pain management has failed.
Are you really this ignorant or just playing to the crowd?

People using medical marijuana go to a doctor to obtain a prescription.
They go after standard pain management has failed.
Are you really this ignorant or just playing to the crowd?
LOL. You go to the doctor and say you have back pain and scream a little. They give you a prescription. Anyone who wants a prescription will get one. Are you really that ignorant?

There is no such thing as medical weed. Once you open that door, everyone's got back pain. I'm not against medical weed but it would have to be strictly enforced. Hell, we have a major pain pill and overdose problem all across the US because you can find a pain clinic anywhere and just complain about back pain and get a prescription. Medical MJ is a farce because it is still available to anyone who wants it.
I don't deny some people abuse the system.
But since street weed is available without the several hundred dollars a year a medical pot patient has to spend on the license and doctor visits your premise is flawed because you are simply ignorant of the system and medications.

We have a major drug problem because there was a ton of money to be made addicting people to opioids. Then when the government finally stepped in the money flow dried up but the patients were left with major dependency problems. To address that problem they turned to heroin. When the government dried up that source, they turned to fentanyl.

That problem you're complaining about is an entirely self inflicted wound.

In 2015 I had "pain doctors" prescribing me 8 percocets/oxycontin a day. I was a mess. I tried pot in Colorado and I haven't taken a single opioid pill except when I was hospitalized the the hospital wouldn't allow me to use my pot meds.

FYI: I use topicals, I make candy, I take pot pills (the red ones are killer, watch out) I rarely vape of smoke.

LOL. You go to the doctor and say you have back pain and scream a little. They give you a prescription. Anyone who wants a prescription will get one. Are you really that ignorant?
Go try it.
But if you go to the pot doctor without several years of medical records they'll take your $275 bucks and laugh you out of the office.

Costs for those records?
MRI $375 x 4 $1500
Multiple doctor office visits 10@$175 $1750
Therapy and other services say $1200
Pot license $75
Pot doctor visit $275

Your "druggie" is out nearly $5000 in medical expense before they'll see the first eighth.

YOU really are THAT ignorant.

The correlation between legal medical marijuana and the drop in health insurance premiums is fascinating and could be a game-changer for how we look at public health policies. It's quite telling how a shift in legislation around cannabis can have such a ripple effect on the economy and individual financial burdens.

The correlation between legal medical marijuana and the drop in health insurance premiums is fascinating and could be a game-changer for how we look at public health policies. It's quite telling how a shift in legislation around cannabis can have such a ripple effect on the economy and individual financial burdens.
There is no such thing as medical marijuana. That’s a ruse to mainstream the drug and enrich sociopaths and other scumbags.
Cannabis causes mental illness and its legalization has resulted in increased traffic accidents and deaths so any suggestion that it can reduce insurance premiums is in error.

There is no such thing as medical marijuana. That’s a ruse to mainstream the drug and enrich sociopaths and other scumbags.
Cannabis causes mental illness and its legalization has resulted in increased traffic accidents and deaths so any suggestion that it can reduce insurance premiums is in error.
There is no such thing as medical marijuana.
until you see it do something that no anti convulsant was able to do..........

Forum List

Back