States Not Prepared

Now you just gave me one.... Careful now, or this will be moved to "Conspiracy Theories".... LOL

What actually happens, with the "normal" flu vaccine, is that it isn't a money-maker for the manufacturers, and they really don't want to produce it, but they aren't given a choice. Now a few years back, when Chiron fucked up the vaccines, there was a severe supply and demand problem which drove up the cost from the other manufacturers as they scrambled to try to make up for the shortage.

You can only make so much flu vaccine from the available eggs, which is what determines/fixes the price. Not saying that drug manufacturers don't screw the public, but they do it with their new products -- the "new and improved" drugs that are supposedly so much better than the older, "tried and true" ones. Hypertension meds are the perfect example.

The difference between this is that it's based on a very common trait, greed. A "conspiracy theory" has no winners, this one there is, the drug companies. They do make a profit off all flu vaccines, and why wouldn't they collaborate to help boost their market? It's easy for them to do since 99% of the population knows so little about it, and no matter how much you tell them most people don't want to learn anything about it. They would rather just do as they are told and not think about it. If people knew more about these viruses (or about the medical industry as a whole) they'd be outraged at how much we have been conned by it. The "mistakes" can be done on purpose, since there is no way for people to really look into it such cons are difficult to spot. Just because it's a major company doesn't make it less likely to con people, on the contrary, the more they can make you think you need their products the more often they will con you.

Being outraged that you have been conned is evidence that you are relying to much on others.

Thus why I am not outraged ... however informing people that there might be more to what they are being fed can be it's own reward, kind of like helping a victim of a crime.

Did the feds give them enough money to buy all the doses or just some of them. And if the FEd gave them the money in the first place to do what the Fed was already doing please tell me who it was that thought that was a better idea than just having the state buy all they thought was needed and then distribute then to the various states as needed?

Look.... First let's establish one thing. I believe that it's absolutely ridiculous for the States to be taxed by the Feds (give them dollars) only to have the Feds turn around and give the dollars back to the States -- either in the form of grants, or budget relief (aka "extraordinary aid"), or earmarks. However, it is what it is, and when said Fed dollars are appropriated with mandate(s), there is an expectation (and a reporting process) that those funds will be expended on the mandate(s).

The difference between this is that it's based on a very common trait, greed. A "conspiracy theory" has no winners, this one there is, the drug companies. They do make a profit off all flu vaccines, and why wouldn't they collaborate to help boost their market? It's easy for them to do since 99% of the population knows so little about it, and no matter how much you tell them most people don't want to learn anything about it. They would rather just do as they are told and not think about it. If people knew more about these viruses (or about the medical industry as a whole) they'd be outraged at how much we have been conned by it. The "mistakes" can be done on purpose, since there is no way for people to really look into it such cons are difficult to spot. Just because it's a major company doesn't make it less likely to con people, on the contrary, the more they can make you think you need their products the more often they will con you.

Being outraged that you have been conned is evidence that you are relying to much on others.

Thus why I am not outraged ... however informing people that there might be more to what they are being fed can be it's own reward, kind of like helping a victim of a crime.

ahhh you pretend people are panicking everywhere and race into save them--thanks you so much. :lol:

ahhh you pretend people are panicking everywhere and race into save them--thanks you so much. :lol:

Meh ... I see and hear people panicking but do not think it's "everywhere" ... and I am not the only one, I am just the only one awake all night ... :razz:

Nothing says those funds weren't spent for what they were told to spend them on by the paranoid morons in charge. You do realize one thing our medical industry is famous for: claiming a shortage to inflate the cost. This stuff isn't as hard to make as they want you to think, they could make enough for the entire globe at half the cost they charge for one state. They will use scares like this to boost the cost even more. They have you by the short hairs and many states probably put in the orders but are they are being delayed so the drug companies could demand more money, however, the scare is ending sooner than the last ones, so they failed this time. Which makes me laugh more.

Now you just gave me one.... Careful now, or this will be moved to "Conspiracy Theories".... LOL

What actually happens, with the "normal" flu vaccine, is that it isn't a money-maker for the manufacturers, and they really don't want to produce it, but they aren't given a choice. Now a few years back, when Chiron fucked up the vaccines, there was a severe supply and demand problem which drove up the cost from the other manufacturers as they scrambled to try to make up for the shortage.

You can only make so much flu vaccine from the available eggs, which is what determines/fixes the price. Not saying that drug manufacturers don't screw the public, but they do it with their new products -- the "new and improved" drugs that are supposedly so much better than the older, "tried and true" ones. Hypertension meds are the perfect example.

Let me ask you something. Do you (still) go to your physician(s) expecting them to know what your concerns are (answer questions that haven't been asked), or do you go with the intent of participating in your health care and prepared to ask the necessary questions?

Anyone, today, who is ignorant of how this was allowed to happen, and continues to be allowed to happen, is ignorant by choice.

Let me ask you something. Do you (still) go to your physician(s) expecting them to know what your concerns are (answer questions that haven't been asked), or do you go with the intent of participating in your health care and prepared to ask the necessary questions?

Anyone, today, who is ignorant of how this was allowed to happen, and continues to be allowed to happen, is ignorant by choice.

I am picking about my physician, if they are unwilling to discuss my problems I move on to the next one until I find one that actually talks about it. But most try to just dictate what they think is wrong and don't listen to half of what you say. The problem is that most people expect the physician to actually know more than they do, well, here's a shocker, they don't know anymore than you can also learn by reading, and they make just as many mistakes as you would.

However that is going off topic now. This flu wasn't "allowed" to happen, it's a fucking flu, nothing more. It's causing no more of an impact, and is becoming weaker every day. The drug companies got screwed this time, since they didn't hype it up soon enough. I look forward to some of them going out of business. Fact of the matter, when I was younger I put a lot of thought into illness and the medical industry for very personal reasons. I studied it extensively because I was fucked over by doctors from many institutes across the state, and wasn't able to do anything about it for three years (when I turned 18 and moved out of the house). They con people, they make mistakes, and people just keep worshiping them anyway. It's sad but meh, if enough people wake up then they will not be able to over charge us and I wouldn't have to waste as much money on a simple doctors visit just to get refill scripts.

Meh ... I see and hear people panicking but do not think it's "everywhere" ... and I am not the only one, I am just the only one awake all night ... :razz:

Bullshit--show me where people are panicking

I am picking about my physician, if they are unwilling to discuss my problems I move on to the next one until I find one that actually talks about it. But most try to just dictate what they think is wrong and don't listen to half of what you say. The problem is that most people expect the physician to actually know more than they do, well, here's a shocker, they don't know anymore than you can also learn by reading, and they make just as many mistakes as you would.

However that is going off topic now. This flu wasn't "allowed" to happen, it's a fucking flu, nothing more. It's causing no more of an impact, and is becoming weaker every day. The drug companies got screwed this time, since they didn't hype it up soon enough. I look forward to some of them going out of business. Fact of the matter, when I was younger I put a lot of thought into illness and the medical industry for very personal reasons. I studied it extensively because I was fucked over by doctors from many institutes across the state, and wasn't able to do anything about it for three years (when I turned 18 and moved out of the house). They con people, they make mistakes, and people just keep worshiping them anyway. It's sad but meh, if enough people wake up then they will not be able to over charge us and I wouldn't have to waste as much money on a simple doctors visit just to get refill scripts.

Which was the reason for the question. I don't believe that most of them "con" you, intentionally at least. Yes, they make mistakes. The days of physician "worship" should be gone -- the days when people trusted their doctor implicitly without question. There is far too much information available publicly now for that to be the case unless one is willfully ignorant.

As for the script refills though, there is a perfectly good reason for that. It's called monitoring the effects and/or side effects and the intended results. If, on the other hand, had a doctor who robotically said "Yes, I authorize the refill for x number of times." and you had some medical problem that he was unaware of in the meantime, you would, no doubt, not hesitate to bring a malpractice lawsuit against him/her. Yet another reason for the high cost of health care.

Almost 50% of our DNA evolved because of viruses ...

... illness and viruses are not bad by nature, it's those few with weakened immune systems who only have to worry, and those who do not get ill enough because they avoid it at all cost really need to stop or when they get older something as simple as a common cold WILL kill them. That's a simple fact, paranoia sucks if it makes you weaker.

... illness and viruses are not bad by nature, it's those few with weakened immune systems who only have to worry, and those who do not get ill enough because they avoid it at all cost really need to stop or when they get older something as simple as a common cold WILL kill them. That's a simple fact, paranoia sucks if it makes you weaker.

Do you currently know anyone who is guzzling Tamifu ? Taking precautions so that you don't become ill is a relataivley sane thing to do.

Do you currently know anyone who is guzzling Tamifu ? Taking precautions so that you don't become ill is a relataivley sane thing to do.

You do realize that viruses live on your skin, in your digestive tract, your mouth, everywhere, that help to fight off more dangerous viruses. Do you know how these viruses learn to help you? They need experience. Your immune system works the same way. Getting sick for a few days once in a while is one of the healthiest things you can do.

Wow.... That was the fastest U-turn I've witnessed in a long time! Got a Ferrari?

Wow.... That was the fastest U-turn I've witnessed in a long time! Got a Ferrari?

KK is frequently forced to backpeddle as fast as she can-----:lol:

KK is frequently forced to backpeddle as fast as she can-----:lol:

Hmm? Back-peddling? Where?

I contend that listening to the medical industry blindly is bad for many reasons, wasting money is the biggest, and support one reason why, getting sick is healthy for you. Where did I change positions?

I live in an area that can have winter blizzards, that can shut everything down, an ice storm just a few years back had people without electricity or heat for 3 weeks or longer.

We ALL have a survival kit, of food and water and paper products and batteries and flashlites, portable radio, clorox, lysol etc. and generators if we can afford it.

When we lived in florida, we had the same emergency survival kit, in case of Hurricanes bringing the grid down....or making it impossible to traverse to the grocery store.

It wasn't until seeing our government's reaction to Katrina, did I take this seriously....my sister, living in Miami during Andrew, took it seriously from that point on. :eek:

And if for some reason, one came down sick with an infectious flu, they wouldn't have to run out to the grocery store for food and water when in their infectious stage, if they had this supply at home...this is common courtesy to your fellow man...just think about it! :)

Care

I live in an area that can have winter blizzards, that can shut everything down, an ice storm just a few years back had people without electricity or heat for 3 weeks or longer.

We ALL have a survival kit, of food and water and paper products and batteries and flashlites, portable radio, clorox, lysol etc. and generators if we can afford it.

When we lived in florida, we had the same emergency survival kit, in case of Hurricanes bringing the grid down....or making it impossible to traverse to the grocery store.

It wasn't until seeing our government's reaction to Katrina, did I take this seriously....my sister, living in Miami during Andrew, took it seriously from that point on. :eek:

And if for some reason, one came down sick with an infectious flu, they wouldn't have to run out to the grocery store for food and water when in their infectious stage, if they had this supply at home...this is common courtesy to your fellow man...just think about it! :)

Care

Bah! My immune system is so experienced it has nukes now. Also, you forget, I don't care much about people really. Unless I know them personally, but they all know what I do, getting sick will make you stronger. Why? Because we all lived in horrid conditions at one time or another (for years not just a few days or weeks). If we hadn't been strong we would have died from the diseases we were exposed to.

You do realize that viruses live on your skin, in your digestive tract, your mouth, everywhere, that help to fight off more dangerous viruses. Do you know how these viruses learn to help you? They need experience. Your immune system works the same way. Getting sick for a few days once in a while is one of the healthiest things you can do.

I knew a poster on another site, who was in the military in the past, who had a friend that he served with that used to put all of his mess hall food, right on to the tray, skipping the plates and bowls and even utensils sometimes.

This poster friend of mine asked his buddy, what the hell was he doing?

And his buddy answered, "When bio/germ warfare hits, I will be prepared." :D

care

Forum List

Back