States Not Prepared

I live in an area that can have winter blizzards, that can shut everything down, an ice storm just a few years back had people without electricity or heat for 3 weeks or longer.

We ALL have a survival kit, of food and water and paper products and batteries and flashlites, portable radio, clorox, lysol etc. and generators if we can afford it.

When we lived in florida, we had the same emergency survival kit, in case of Hurricanes bringing the grid down....or making it impossible to traverse to the grocery store.

It wasn't until seeing our government's reaction to Katrina, did I take this seriously....my sister, living in Miami during Andrew, took it seriously from that point on. :eek:

And if for some reason, one came down sick with an infectious flu, they wouldn't have to run out to the grocery store for food and water when in their infectious stage, if they had this supply at home...this is common courtesy to your fellow man...just think about it! :)

Care

Bah! My immune system is so experienced it has nukes now. Also, you forget, I don't care much about people really. Unless I know them personally, but they all know what I do, getting sick will make you stronger. Why? Because we all lived in horrid conditions at one time or another (for years not just a few days or weeks). If we hadn't been strong we would have died from the diseases we were exposed to.

nor do you know much about sane people.

Fuck someone with HIV. It will make you stronger.

I live in an area that can have winter blizzards, that can shut everything down, an ice storm just a few years back had people without electricity or heat for 3 weeks or longer.

We ALL have a survival kit, of food and water and paper products and batteries and flashlites, portable radio, clorox, lysol etc. and generators if we can afford it.

When we lived in florida, we had the same emergency survival kit, in case of Hurricanes bringing the grid down....or making it impossible to traverse to the grocery store.

It wasn't until seeing our government's reaction to Katrina, did I take this seriously....my sister, living in Miami during Andrew, took it seriously from that point on. :eek:

And if for some reason, one came down sick with an infectious flu, they wouldn't have to run out to the grocery store for food and water when in their infectious stage, if they had this supply at home...this is common courtesy to your fellow man...just think about it! :)

Care

Bah! My immune system is so experienced it has nukes now. Also, you forget, I don't care much about people really. Unless I know them personally, but they all know what I do, getting sick will make you stronger. Why? Because we all lived in horrid conditions at one time or another (for years not just a few days or weeks). If we hadn't been strong we would have died from the diseases we were exposed to.

nor do you know much about sane people.

Fuck someone with HIV. It will make you stronger.

Different scenario, different effect. First, they still haven't determined if HIV is even natural, many virologists still think it's man made. Secondly it's one of the few that are not good to get, even the best things will have versions you do want to avoid.

Care

I have no problem with that...if your immune system is as good as you say, then you probably won't catch the flu or blubonic plague in the first place, but if you do, you should not go out in to the public...because others do not have your immune system that can personally "beat it" and YOU can be the sole person that gave them the flu, that God forbid, kills them....who cares if you are friends with them kitten...? I know you don't WANT to kill these strangers...or these stranger's kids...

And I am not saying that this particular swine flu is the "plagues" that I speak of...just that it could be...or it could NOT be, we just don't know yet.

Care

Care

I have no problem with that...if your immune system is as good as you say, then you probably won't catch the flu or blubonic plague in the first place, but if you do, you should not go out in to the public...because others do not have your immune system that can personally "beat it" and YOU can be the sole person that gave them the flu, that God forbid, kills them....who cares if you are friends with them kitten...? I know you don't WANT to kill these strangers...or these stranger's kids...

And I am not saying that this particular swine flu is the "plagues" that I speak of...just that it could be...or it could NOT be, we just don't know yet.

Care

Problem though, because of how strong my immune system is I rarely notice I am sick except for a third of the time I am actually sick. I had the flu last year, felt bad for one day ... that's it, had no idea I was sick until then nor did I know I was after. I never get the flu shot, don't use hand sanitizer (only soap and water). So I come in contact with a lot of viruses. Because of that contact my body fights off almost all viruses without fail. The one time I got a virus that my body could not fight off was when I got a vaccine ... now I get infections because of it, the virus mutated and "awoke" from the vaccine (asshole doctors).

Okay first you dont antivirals or anti bacterials unless you are sick. They've a tendency to kill not just the bad stuff living in your body but the good stuff that helps you get through your day to day life as well. The role bacteria and possibly some viruses play in digestion is even now poorly understood. At best we live in a state of partial symbiosis with various microorganisms. Second you don't take them when you don't have the disease because it can cause the devalopement of highly resistant bacteria and viruses that are a whole lot more trouble to get rid of.

Wow.... That was the fastest U-turn I've witnessed in a long time! Got a Ferrari?

KK is frequently forced to backpeddle as fast as she can-----:lol:

Hmm? Back-peddling? Where?

I contend that listening to the medical industry blindly is bad for many reasons, wasting money is the biggest, and support one reason why, getting sick is healthy for you. Where did I change positions?

The back-peddling, or U-turn as I referred to it, was from here

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/75540-states-not-prepared-3.html#post1193568

to here

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/75540-states-not-prepared-3.html#post1193586

It's also known as deflection....

Forum List

Back