State Sen. Mike Fair Blocks Evolution From South Carolina Science Standards

R

rdean

"What frustrates us are when pieces of [the standards] -- evolution -- are singled out for religious and political reasons," Robert T. Dillon, a professor of biology at the College of Charleston and member of South Carolinians for Science Education, told The State on Monday. "Mike Fair singles out evolution for special treatment. It is no more scientifically controversial than photosynthesis.”

Prior to Monday’s obstruction, Fair launched several unsuccessful initiatives in the state senate and the education oversight committee to thwart the teaching of evolution in South Carolina schools.

State Sen. Mike Fair Blocks Evolution From South Carolina Science Standards

I heard someone once say, "If you don't pray in my school, I won't think in your church".

It is amazing what people in politics can do, regardless of where they live, especially in regards to education. In some places, people don't even try to do anything to effect change in schools for the better, and they remain combat zones, or environments of little to no learning, so I don't know which is worse. Maybe they are just plain bad altogether. Different peas in the same pod.

Forum List

Back