State A-Z

images

*****SMILE*****

:)

Now that the list is complete if ya' all feel there are better songs to represent a state you're particularly found of you are free to post such. Except for those guys from Pennsylvania frak ya' all... No! I'm just kidding but I did like that song by Harry. To conclude the group I'll round it up with the following song...

*****SMILE*****

:)

Who in fact are the Green Mountain Boys? Just a group of back country Vermont boys raising havoc. In fact the Green Mountain Boys were a group of a few hundred American patriots in the early American Revolutionary years that would later be considered the founding fathers of the state of Vermont.

The Green Mountain Boys were created in southwestern Vermont, and were made up of men from Vermont, Massachusetts, and Connecticut that held land titles from New Hampshire that entitled them land between Lake Champlain and the Connecticut River, which is modern day Vermont. However, the British crown gave all of that land to New York, and ignored the New Hampshire land grants. The group gathered and joined together to keep New York settlers out of Vermont, and keep all the land for people with New Hampshire titles. They drew their name from the Green Mountains of Vermont.

WHO ARE THE GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

I have only traveled as far East as New York. In 1965, I visited my grandfather at his cottage in Rochester, right on the shore of Lake Ontario. Although I just had had my fifth birthday, meanwhile that time, I do not remember the trip very well, except I experienced the very best moments of my life, on the cross country ride aboard the train. The greatest thing ever was going up to a second level of the train to do some sightseeing. My Grandad owned a few row boats, and I went one time out on the lake, with my much older brother and much older sister. My mother had stayed at home in Palo Alto, CA, and she spent most of her time doing all the work necessary to entirely re-paint the interior of our house on Kipling Street. The only actual memory I have of going there was when I went with my father to the World's Fair. While we were walking, it suddenly became very dark. For several minutes, all I felt or heard were people shouting.

The Great Northeast Blackout - Nov 09, 1965 - HISTORY.com

Does anybody know where the Green Mountain Boys were from originally? Concord, NH?

Forum List

Back