Starbucks raising pay after federal corporate tax cuts

I'm thinking this law is really working well...

Starbucks is giving its U.S. workers pay raises and stock grants this year, citing recent changes to the tax law.

All employees will soon be able to earn paid sick time off, and the company’s parental leave benefits will include all non-birth parents. Starbucks Corp. said Wednesday that the changes affect about 150,000 full-time, part-time, hourly and salaried employees, most of whom work as baristas or shop managers.

Starbucks gives workers raises, stock grants due to tax law

it's amazing how tax policy works (Market) better than a min wage raise(government)
It may work. It's certainly better than ending Nafta or tariffs, because the tax cut will not make products more expensive.
True, as for tarrifs, I'm for them if it targets countries that don't reciprocate our liberal trade practices...and for those that do, no tariff.
Oh I'm all OK for punishing countries that dump goods for less than it costs them to produce them. I'm not a fan of the gop's cuts on personal rates because Ithink more should go to the middle class, if there's any cut at all. But, I'd cut corp rates even more while removing tax gimmicks for stuff like new equipment. I'd use the money from individual rates for those at the top to cut the corp rate even more. We should aim to be the most biz free country in the world.

"starbucks" --LOL -Lib central

has to really hurt our libtard friends on this board

to see such a thing

--LOL
Of course you take it straight to the gutter. Why do you think liberals like paying taxes? I sure as hell don’t and im called a libtard on a daily basis

Mainly because they fight tax cuts and when they do that, they come up with things like paying taxes are good and patriotic and paying your fair share. Which is all bullshit, but they do say that stuff and we mock them when they take every deduction they can.

Well for the libtard comment, I think he meant those kinds of people, the Joe Bidens and such.

How does that benefit Starbucks customers?

Are you joking? The tax laws are helping lower paid hourly workers. Isn’t that what you Liberal bitches have been moaning about with your demand for higher min wage?
The corporate tax cuts are helping lower earners. There was already some economic pressure to raise pay/benefits because of the tightening labor market.

But we're gonna be really screwed if prices rise and the Fed starts jacking up interest rates.

How does that benefit Starbucks customers?

Are you joking? The tax laws are helping lower paid hourly workers. Isn’t that what you Liberal bitches have been moaning about with your demand for higher min wage?
The corporate tax cuts are helping lower earners. There was already some economic pressure to raise pay/benefits because of the tightening labor market.

But we're gonna be really screwed if prices rise and the Fed starts jacking up interest rates.
Well they are raising interest rates, but I think that may be good, it'll be harder and more expensive to borrow money, so maybe people will not go into as much debt. As for prices, we'll see

to see such a thing

--LOL
Of course you take it straight to the gutter. Why do you think liberals like paying taxes? I sure as hell don’t and im called a libtard on a daily basis

Mainly because they fight tax cuts and when they do that, they come up with things like paying taxes are good and patriotic and paying your fair share. Which is all bullshit, but they do say that stuff and we mock them when they take every deduction they can.

Well for the libtard comment, I think he meant those kinds of people, the Joe Bidens and such.
Fair share arguments are about the balance of how much each class pays. I’m pretty liberal but I believe in less government programs, less taxes, and smart regulation. I also think wealth inequality is a major problem in this country so I don’t mind taxing the top earners more on their income. The wealth in this countries vacuums up to them regardless so they should be paying more. The poor, middle class and small businesses should be paying a very small amount in my opinion.

I'm thinking this law is really working well...

Starbucks is giving its U.S. workers pay raises and stock grants this year, citing recent changes to the tax law.

All employees will soon be able to earn paid sick time off, and the company’s parental leave benefits will include all non-birth parents. Starbucks Corp. said Wednesday that the changes affect about 150,000 full-time, part-time, hourly and salaried employees, most of whom work as baristas or shop managers.

Starbucks gives workers raises, stock grants due to tax law

it's amazing how tax policy works (Market) better than a min wage raise(government)
It may work. It's certainly better than ending Nafta or tariffs, because the tax cut will not make products more expensive.
True, as for tarrifs, I'm for them if it targets countries that don't reciprocate our liberal trade practices...and for those that do, no tariff.
Oh I'm all OK for punishing countries that dump goods for less than it costs them to produce them. I'm not a fan of the gop's cuts on personal rates because Ithink more should go to the middle class, if there's any cut at all. But, I'd cut corp rates even more while removing tax gimmicks for stuff like new equipment. I'd use the money from individual rates for those at the top to cut the corp rate even more. We should aim to be the most biz free country in the world.

yeah I'm for removing all deductions and yes I pay a mortgage, because I don't like the tax code used to modify behavior, which is what it is. The only thing I would use to modify behavior is regulation and only in very useful cases, much rarer than today's regulations. I don't mind the personal cuts as they can help people save, invest or spend more to stimulate the economy.

to see such a thing

--LOL

Fair share arguments are about the balance of how much each class pays. I’m pretty liberal but I believe in less government programs, less taxes, and smart regulation. I also think wealth inequality is a major problem in this country so I don’t mind taxing the top earners more on their income. The wealth in this countries vacuums up to them regardless so they should be paying more. The poor, middle class and small businesses should be paying a very small amount in my opinion.

A very reasonable position. I don't really have an issue with wealth inequality as I think it doesn't pertain to most people. If Trump has $4 billion o$3 billion, I don't really care. Same with any of the billionaires. As long as it's done ethically and legally. So Madoff would be in prison just as he is now.
I think that's the big difference and where Pelosi's crumb statement comes from. It may be crumbs to her (her husband is LOADED), but for most people it's a big deal. And yes rich people always get more out of it because they have more.
I think making the tax code simpler is always the best way. Remove deductions and the rich would pay a lot more. But it could hammer a middle income person as well.

MINIMUM WAGE WILL NEVER INCREASE WITHOUT THE GOVERNMENT MAKING COMPANIES DO IT....

......RIGHT LIBS?

You economic retards.

Wait....so the private sector can do things to benefit workers without the government MAKING them?

WEIRD.

I guess all the conservative boycotts against Starbuck flamed out
I don't get shit from there because its so damn expensive! Black coffee with sugar is just fine for me! I should go into the local starbucks and ask the manager if she likes Trump now she is getting a raise...bc before she hated him LOL

Forum List

Back