Star Trek is better than it used to be

Star Trek has always been woke, nothing new.

No it wasn't.

Woke is forcing social and political agendas into things just for the sake of doing it. Not because it's what the creator wants because it's part of his intended creation.

Star trek TOS wasn't woke despite having black and Asian characters and diversity. Gene Roddenberry the guy that created it made his futuristic universe as the federation being beyond differences for the benefit of all mankind. But different races still hated other races and so on as well. Even non federation humans still hated other races. Like when they were going to pass on Patrick Stewart as Piccard originally because he was bald Roddenberry said the federation wouldn't care about if he was bald or not and to keep him in the part.

It wasn't because gene was "woke" it was because he had a specific idea for his creation and used it despite it being opposed. Woke would be if gene didn't want a diverse federation and the studio forced him to or he did it himself to appease the audience, that's woke.

And in response to the post, all the recent star trek suck because they aren't about what made star trek good to begin. Interesting characters, exploration, the human element, a variety of new adventures, and so on.

Now star trek is either about action, or pushing political and social agendas and political stuff shoved in to satisfy esg scores. They have nothing that made the older star treks good.

No it wasn't.

Woke is forcing social and political agendas into things just for the sake of doing it. Not because it's what the creator wants because it's part of his intended creation.

Star trek TOS wasn't woke despite having black and Asian characters and diversity. Gene Roddenberry the guy that created it made his futuristic universe as the federation being beyond differences for the benefit of all mankind. But different races still hated other races and so on as well. Even non federation humans still hated other races. Like when they were going to pass on Patrick Stewart as Piccard originally because he was bald Roddenberry said the federation wouldn't care about if he was bald or not and to keep him in the part.

It wasn't because gene was "woke" it was because he had a specific idea for his creation and used it despite it being opposed. Woke would be if gene didn't want a diverse federation and the studio forced him to or he did it himself to appease the audience, that's woke.

And in response to the post, all the recent star trek suck because they aren't about what made star trek good to begin. Interesting characters, exploration, the human element, a variety of new adventures, and so on.

Now star trek is either about action, or pushing political and social agendas and political stuff shoved in to satisfy esg scores. They have nothing that made the older star treks good.
then don't comment thats it than i wouldn't have comment how stupid this is

Star Trek has always been woke, nothing new.
There is a difference between woke and being inclusive, or not counting people out because of race or sex.
In the original Star Trek, Roddenberry portrayed his world in how he believed people would be in the future. That makind would get beyond it's petty differences and just be humans together.

That is not, at all, what woke is

There has always been a bit of democratization to the Star Trek franchise beyond Roddenberry because of the book series having several different authors that flesh out the big picture back stories for the film and TV series. They have granted created that whole Kelvin timeline to give themselves wiggle room within the Star Trek canon for plotholes and other inconsistencies. SNW brings that into the newest series with the most recent episode with the two captain Pike's and Captain Kirk encountering the Romulans for the first time in 100 years.

The recent shows like Picard, Strange New Worlds and Discovery are better than TNG and all the shows of that era. Why do you think that is?
They arent better for their time. Everything evolves and gets better as time goes on, but TNG was a smash hit, while the newer shows arent.

Discovery sucks donkey balls. They went completely fucking WOKE with that shit and completely turned the show into an abomination.

Have absolutely no interest in Picard. And yes, I've seen the trailers and commercials for it. And still it looks like regurgitated crap from the 80's.

New Worlds has been ok so far. Unfortunately they are just as propagandized as the original series was, in the regard they are forcing their opinions on people about things they don't need to be engaging in. They need to keep it clean from political and prejudiced driven viewpoints, and focus on exploring the galaxy and discovering new worlds and new civilizations. Not pandering to the political propaganda.

If they don't stop, I won't be watching anymore.
Star Trek the Original Series pushed the limits and in today time is considered a trailblazer of it time.

Because certain storylines bother you does not mean it shouldn’t be discussed and again I have said this many times if you dislike the content of the program you are watching then change the channel or better yet turn off the device you are viewing and go out and live life…

The agenda that it pushed in the past is different from the current one. The previous one involved liberal democracy; the current one's identity politics.

Star Trek the Original Series pushed the limits and in today time is considered a trailblazer of it time.

Because certain storylines bother you does not mean it shouldn’t be discussed and again I have said this many times if you dislike the content of the program you are watching then change the channel or better yet turn off the device you are viewing and go out and live life…
Star Trek original series became somewhat woke in its third season after pushing the boundaries of the time. It was then cancelled for it. For many of the episodes that year sucked.

The recent shows like Picard, Strange New Worlds and Discovery are better than TNG and all the shows of that era. Why do you think that is?
More new talent and a long history to build upon along with a stadium full of veteran Star Trek actors to collaborate with? Something along those lines? They didnt have all that in 1969 or whenever it happened.

I want to see the Picard series and it looks like itll be over before I start watching it. Thats okay though I wont complain.

Watched all of the original Star Trek shows up to Voyager and enjoyed them all. The only new Trek I have watched is Picard and I could only make it thru part of season one before I gave up because it was so terrible. I don’t know how anyone can claim new Trek is good….but to each their own I guess.

Everything gets better as time goes on, but how good is it for its time is the question? Take the Next Generation for example. That show was a smash fucking hit that developed like 4 movies or something. Not one of these current new Stark Trek series will get the audience numbers, nor will any of them get movies, despite these shows being better in 2022.

TNG would flop if it had never been put out and they released it today because, its from a different time and a different style of tv making, but in the 90's nothing was better on tv.

Nope They have been corrupted by the homo agenda. That pisses me off because I was an original Trekkie. I went to conventions in the 70's!!!!

The series TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise were great.

The movie were classics until goofy Chris Pine and the new homo Sulu movie.

Now I will admit that the quality of Picard is pretty darn good, but making Seven of Nine a homo was unnecessary, especially since she was straight and dated men in Voyager.

Nope They have been corrupted by the homo agenda. That pisses me off because I was an original Trekkie. I went to conventions in the 70's!!!!

The series TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise were great.

The movie were classics until goofy Chris Pine and the new homo Sulu movie.

Now I will admit that the quality of Picard is pretty darn good, but making Seven of Nine a homo was unnecessary, especially since she was straight and dated men in Voyager.
I actually enjoy the Star Trek movies with Chris Pine. Way too action packed for Star Trek though IMO. I just view them as alternate universe and not canon so unrelated to the original.

The new TV shows I was never interested in until Picard …which is terrible. They ruined both Picard and 7 of Nine as characters.

I actually enjoy the Star Trek movies with Chris Pine. Way too action packed for Star Trek though IMO. I just view them as alternate universe and not canon so unrelated to the original.

Star Fleet Acadamy is supposed to be akin to The Naval Academy, turning out the best of the best. The characters should have a seriousness about them and gravitas. Pine is too juvenile for me. I cannot take him seriously as a ships captain. The new Spock is okay though.

The new TV shows I was never interested in until Picard …which is terrible. They ruined both Picard and 7 of Nine as characters.

Really? I loved the shows. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

I haven’t watched any Star Trek since Deep Space 9, just lost interest in the whole franchise. Other than a movie here or there, I didn’t know they had any tv series still going on.

I haven’t watched any Star Trek since Deep Space 9, just lost interest in the whole franchise. Other than a movie here or there, I didn’t know they had any tv series still going on.

On streaming Paramount there is "Star Trek Picard" and "Discovery"

Being possibly the 'best' and more recent thread on Star Trek, here's a slight divergence into technical matters;

Star Trek finally solves a huge mystery about starship technology​

The most important part of a starship in Star Trek canon is the one thing we almost never see in action. Although a big, giant main deflector dish is a central part of the physical design of nearly every single famous Starfleet vessel, actual onscreen depictions of the deflector dish being used for its intended purpose are borderline non-existent. Until now.

Here’s how Star Trek: Lower Decks finally made the most innocuous parts of Trek technology look awesome. Spoilers ahead for Lower Decks Season 3, Episode 4, “Room For Growth.”

Forum List

Back