Star Trek Continues!

The Orion dude lisps. Big arms, big manly dude, he lisps.

I nearly fell off my seat....

That was Lou Ferrigno, from the Incredible Hulk.

He speaks that we because he is deaf.

In any case, it sort of added some "color" to his role.

Made it seem like an "accent".

The Orion dude lisps. Big arms, big manly dude, he lisps.

I nearly fell off my seat....

That's Lou Ferigno who used to play the Incredible Hulk in the TV series with Bill Bixby.

Lou is seriously hearing impaired, but despite that became a champion body builder and actor.

But you are right, the speech impediment was a bit off-putting for his character. But it was fun watching him kick Fake Kirk's ass.

My sister-in-law just finished watching the entire TNG series. Not sure what prompted it but pointed her to Babylon 5 for next :) In comparison the dialogue's a little more campy and patronizing, but the overriding story throughout the entire series is nice, and the dialogue does get better. :)

My sister-in-law just finished watching the entire TNG series. Not sure what prompted it but pointed her to Babylon 5 for next :) In comparison the dialogue's a little more campy and patronizing, but the overriding story throughout the entire series is nice, and the dialogue does get better. :)

The first shows were a little dodgy.

But the writing gets exceptional by the end of the series. Although their are more than a few episodes that are pretty "girly".

:lol:

are you talking about TNG or B5?

I thought overall, the arc on TNG was that the first season was simply awful. Preachy ("aren't we so much better than you 20th century people because we have unlimited resources!") corny stories. Gene Roddenberry kind of proved that he wasn't the legend everyone claimed he was.

Season 2 got better, and by Season 3 (with GR out of the picture,) the writing got good and stayed good until season 6. Season 7, they were phoning it in.

Now, Babylon 5. I love Babylon 5, I thought it was a great series. The first season was kind of weak, but after season 2, they really built up the overall series arc. Season 5 suffered a bit because they had tied everything up in a nice bow at the end of Season 4, but then had to unwrap it to give us another season of stories that would lead into Crusade,

TNG was hilarious at times. The ship could be on fire and no one ever ran. A full spread of torpedoes was one. And they could only fire one phaser every ten seconds or so.

Forum List

Back